Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 09:47 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Well it was a private family matter and not really anyone's business. Thus the person I really have issues with is the busybody calling the police over something that's not any of her business and not really a crime in my opinion. That "exploding battery syndrome" which happens periodically--it should've happened at that very moment.
Yup. Better to just close the drapes when your neighbor is getting hit by her man. Or dad gives junior the whooping he deserves. Not really anybody's business.....

Old 03-16-2015, 09:52 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
I love the cowards who post threads like this, yet when blacks and Hispanics continue to be murdered in record numbers by their own race, there's no thread, no outrage. Only when the evil police kill someone (deservedly or undeservedly) do we see the hypocrites and cowards come out of the woodwork. Where were all of you when blacks teens are shooting other black teens in St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta...each and every day? Where's your activism? Where's your middle school cap-and-gown photos of the "innocent" victims of gang violence?

Old 03-17-2015, 02:03 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
It's horribly unfortunate that the person didn't comply with the police officers and attempted to assault one of the officers. It's terribly sad that he suffered a heart attack because of his consequences. It's horribly stupid to disrespect the law by not complying with what you're told to do by an officer. I like bottom lines and the bottom line is be respectful, in control, and responsible and you will walk away with your life. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:57 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,319,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yup. Better to just close the drapes when your neighbor is getting hit by her man. Or dad gives junior the whooping he deserves. Not really anybody's business.....
That's right, it's not. The wife knows or should know how to call the police herself if she feels it's necessary, and Junior may well deserve the spanking he's receiving, and unless his wooping involves baseball bats etc it's nothing anyway. If they ASK for your help, sure give it, otherwise yes it's none of your business. I'm completely serious, and no I don't advocate violence or abuse.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:35 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,323,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I also heard about a beating recently, some guy named Rodney got beat by the cops! He did nothing wrong! We should revolt!

I don't understand why no one is talking about this?!?!?

Rodney King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please don't make light of this. That was a horrible circumstance, as is the one linked by the OP. One doesn't have to be a "police hater," to use one poster's term, to want to stop the deaths of civilians at the hands of those paid with our tax dollars to "protect and serve" citizens.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:37 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver
I think the point of this thread was to try and make more cops look bad and nothing more.
Well most of them have earned that dont cha think??

Old 03-17-2015, 05:46 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well most of them have earned that dont cha think??
No, most cops aren't bad but plenty people paint them all as bad.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:52 AM

194 posts, read 183,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
^ True.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Well it was a private family matter and not really anyone's business.
So, it's your opinion that police should not investigate domestic violence.

Listen up women and children, if your husband or father uses you as a punching bag, the cops shouldn't get involved. It's up to you to "man up" and handle business.

Yes, I know it was the mother who assaulted the daughter, but if the cops won't be investigated domestic violence, as it appears shyguylh wants to make policy, battered women and children should be ready to pay the price. Better a few thousand women get beat senseless than somebody have to show an ID after cops are called.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:02 AM

71 posts, read 176,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post

It comes from the practice of 'good' cops standing up for 'bad' cops, no matter what. Like it or not, that's gang mentality. An innocent citizen shouldn't have to fear police. Don't try to tell me that police officers don't believe EVERYTHING they hear from a 'citizen' is a lie! Got cops in the family! At least one that shouldn't be allowed near firearms.... but he's a captain, go figgure.

Last edited by MINITRUCK83; 03-17-2015 at 07:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events