Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:17 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
The idea that this is just the way men talk is bull****. Many good men with maturity and respect do not speak like this.

Zimbo, as usual, I agree 100% with what you are saying.
Yes, I don't know any men around me who say such vulgar things and the moment I encounter one I know not to create ties with such a person, male or female. For me, this isn't something we should just "accept", as we should attempt to hold our country to a higher standard. People say that this is just a part of life, but they must live in a small world because this isn't exactly normal behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 02:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
I just think anonymity breeds contempt--and makes it way to easy for people to give in to immature, radical expressions that they would not have the guts, opportunity, or sense to make in person.
None of those creeps had a snowball's chance in Hell of getting anywhere near her in person so they thought they were safe w/the trash talking...

Same with the baseball pitcher who made comment about his daughter getting softball scholarship and wound up in heated verbal battle with several people who made vicious, sexual threats about her...he outed the worst ones and is taking them to court and likely some of the grossest comments did cross the line....so there could be punishment.

People just don't understand that words are not meaningless if they are carried over the ethernet, that actions (including verbal ones) have consequences, and that something said in Internet time can live forever and haunt you for longer than you care to remember...

Old 03-23-2015, 08:29 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Realm classy responses here. Victim blaming is so 2014.

You do realize that Judd has admitted to being raped, a victim of incest, and was stalked by a crazy fan for many years. Her response to the current insanity must be taken in context, and why the hell should she just shut up and take it?
did she admit all of this at once?? Or did she strategically release this in between the few hit movies she had??

I take everything a celeb says with a HUGE grain of salt...

Old 03-23-2015, 08:38 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
did she admit all of this at once?? Or did she strategically release this in between the few hit movies she had??

The crazy stalker was actually in the news. He was sent to jail.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:50 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:

Admit to what?

Old 03-23-2015, 04:21 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:

I take posts like this with a HUGE grain of salt...

Old 04-06-2015, 04:55 PM

71 posts, read 80,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Exhibit A of the immaturity I spoke about last night.

Complete lack of empathy and an inability to recognize other people's feelings. Chilling.
No, if she were a "regular person" it would be different.
Celebs put themselves out there for comment and criticism, that's just the way it is. Their words get more attention, have more impact and as a result they are going to get more attention, comments, and yes negativity like threats.

She has every right to comment and complain.
That said, doing so makes her come off as a whining little ***** who doesn't get that all celebrities get this kind of cr*p on twitter and facebook.
Again there is an easy solution: Stop making controversial comments on facebook and twitter.
Obviously she wants the attention so she has to expect some negative attention, that's just the nature of the beast.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:01 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
I wonder if she will be suing University of Wisconsin Badgers basketball team for whipping her team?

GO BADGERS!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You must be joking?

Let me google that for you
It would have been helpful for this thread if the actual threatening tweets had been quoted in the original post.
My question to everyone is:

Does she or anyone else REALLY feel threatened by the remarks - like someone is really going to do something to her - or can it just be chalked up to overzealous immature fans being angry and saying stuff to get back at her, verbally? (By the way that's what most of Twitter in these cases, is.)

There IS a big difference between someone saying "[expletive] you!" or "die die die!' or "anal anal anal", and actual real threats.

She wrote:
“I routinely cope with tweets that sexualize, objectify, insult, degrade and even physically threaten me,” and "Tweets rolled in, calling me a ****, a ***** or a *****, or telling me to suck a two-inch dick. Some even threatened rape, or "anal anal anal."

So if you routinely do something that causes routine responses you don't like, um, maybe you might want to curb that behavior, Ashley!

She INVITED negative response as she tweeted a negative confrontational statement. Then she doesn't expect raving fanatic sports fans are going to fire back with expletives and such?

At the very least she's dumb:
a) to be involved in tweeting such things
b) to be upset over what should be expected responses
c) to file a silly lawsuit about it

She herself says this is a repeated occurrence (her getting nasty remarks regarding her tweets). If I were her, and I had been sexually abused in the past and still have issues over it (and I can't blame her if she does, and I do feel empathy for what happened to her!), you know what I would do? (Here's a clue, Ashley
STOP TWEETING negative stuff that invites negative responses!

As for her claiming this is an "against women" thing, I call BULLCR*P!

It's not just against women. As a man I get all kinds of crazy stuff said to me online about my comments, in forums that allow a much more robust use of language. I get told to commit homosexual acts, or that they should be commited against me! I get told that the person had gross sexual acts with my mom who has passed away recently and many other worse things; yes, even that they hope I die or get a dreadful disease! ;-D You know what? I expect it. I fire back.
I take NONE of it seriously.

And if it begins to bother me too much, I'll simply stop posting there.

Ashley should stop posting on twitter with controversial statements because she obviously can't deal with it. My mom always said "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

As much as I hate how anonymous people act like aholes on the net, I think a judge should throw her suit right out. The net is the net. Let's not legislate it to death like we've done every other aspect of life and are continuing to do so to the point where everyone has to walk on eggs about what they say.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:31 PM

I'm unsubscribing to this thread so say what you want. I don't have time for such nonsense and am sorry I got involved in it. LOL. I just think people are way too sensitive about stuff said on Twitter by anonymous jerks. She invited the negativity, she got it and now she wants to sue over it? Again, I hope the judge throws it right out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events