Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This all based on a story that a reporter wrote who works for a local TV station in Tennessee. No actual person or family is identified, there is no corroboration, nothing. Just another example of the lack of real investigative journalism on local TV.

So at this point, it's nothing more than an accusation with no proof. There is no evidence who actually constructed that letter.

Maybe no coincidence the father who contacted the station is a civil rights "activist".
And it would be quite naive if you think this doesn't happen. It is still common. Some parents are more savvy and find other reasons to tell tyeir kids not to befriend black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 09:03 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Sadly, the white house clown fails to provide any leadership so there are no consequences for such violence.

The OU video doesn't show violence, but it is apparently the only thing some can come up with promote more violence.

As a parent, I wouldn't want my child to think violence is a normal part of a peaceful, hard working society.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
he is a rapist which is enough of reason not to watch show
LOL, exactly!

Old 03-18-2015, 09:17 PM

140 posts, read 188,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Okay...... I'll play along. Why was the video shot in private where no one was hurt (OU fraternity) and the little girl who couldn't come to the party bigger news than this story?

Video posted online shows girl beating up girl and her brother | WTTV CBS4Indy

Black on white, check; actual violence, check; immediate consequences, zero.
Why it was a liberal conspiracy of course, to stop all that black on white violence in grade schools from being covered! Just like this, why look at this white on white violence and how the media ignores it!

Old 03-18-2015, 09:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
What is so confusing about the concept that falsly accusing some one of racism (or rape) and knowingly smearing their reputation is wrong, and that the false accusations are unrelated to, and don't eliminate, mitigate, correct, or address real racism (or rape)? The two are completely seperate issues - that is how sane people see it.

If this is a real story, I condem the bigoted dad, it is unexcusable to be that wilfully ignorant and mean to a child. But based on recent events and race hoaxes, I am not yet sure the report is an example of ugly bigotry and racism, or a hoax.

Not sure how being a little sceptical until more information comes out makes me "demented."
A few weeks ago my company did a "sensitivity workshop." One of the exercises we did anonymously was to write down an example of where we realized injustice existed. Several people shares similar stories. Some were the "black" kid and some were the "white kid" who heard something similar from their parents.

Doesn't feel like a hoax to me. Most kids do not write notes to their classmates. They end up being forced to find new friends.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Sadly, the white house clown fails to provide any leadership so there are no consequences for such violence.

The OU video doesn't show violence, but it is apparently the only thing some can come up with promote more violence.
^^^ Die hard racist in all it's glory ^^^. Ya, ya, that's the ticket. There are no consequences for grade school fights because of Obama, ya, that's the ticket. You see, this is one of the reason this entire discussion is taking place, because it's so common for racists to pretend they are not racists, but the poor souls just can't hide it. But instead of saying "I hate n&&&&" they say stuff like "the video doesn't show violence and is used to promote more violence". Because you know, frat boys singing about hanging N's is just some misguided fun, and shame on the media for making an issue of it.

No need to pretend, just go ahead and say it, you don't like them black folks. We won't tell anyone, it'll be our little secret.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Mountain View Post
It's truly a shame those frat bothers got caught singing about hanging a N***** on a tree on video, it made it difficult for you to claim that one was fake, but I have 0 doubt it still upset you when the media reported on it. It's OK, go on and admit, it upset you guys, you know it did. Probably responded with "that damn liberal media reports this stuff while ignoring black on white crime".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Thae last sentence made me lose it
Who said I was joking ? It didn't take long for the goose to lay the egg:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Okay...... I'll play along. Why was the video shot in private where no one was hurt (OU fraternity) and the little girl who couldn't come to the party bigger news than this story?

Video posted online shows girl beating up girl and her brother | WTTV CBS4Indy

Black on white, check; actual violence, check; immediate consequences, zero.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:51 PM

2,965 posts, read 3,530,002 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. In fact just yesterday the media ran a typical liberal story about a woman being raped. For God's sake, haven't they heard about that false Duke case? And they didn't even name the women or interview her. What's up with all those rape baiting liberals?

Also, haven't people noticed that we've got senators and congressmen that are women? Even female secretary's of state? But you want me to believe that rape is a problem in this country?

This is exactly how demented all you folks sound to sane people.
I am sane and people who post this crap without any shred of proof are the nuts. This looks like a stunt for fame.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:59 PM

78,368 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Why it was a liberal conspiracy of course, to stop all that black on white violence in grade schools from being covered! Just like this, why look at this white on white violence and how the media ignores it!

So your point is that whites have it as bad as blacks in terms of violence in their schools and neighborhoods.

Gee, guess we don't need any affirmative action or school reform etc....you've shown that it's just normal stuff everybody has at their schools.

Here is a video for you...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw6IBNfJYD0

Last edited by Mathguy; 03-18-2015 at 10:08 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I am sane and people who post this crap without any shred of proof are the nuts. This looks like a stunt for fame.
I couldn't agree more. The story got reported to the media so that someone could be famous! Ya, that's the ticket! That guy that works at Ashley Furniture who said he:
Quote:
"went through a range of emotions when he was first shown the letter. I was surprised, shocked, disappointed, angry, hurt,”
Ya, he did it because he wanted to be "famous"!

Again, is it possible it's a hoax? Sure. But if that's the first place you go when you read a letter about a 10-year old black girl experiencing racism, without some good evidence that suggests it, you might want to do some soul searching.

The irony is if someone wanted to choose a horrible example of racism for a hoax, this is not the one. The letter is actually hopeful as the child who wrote it is kind and has a Mom that is obviously teaching her differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events