Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 03:45 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I admire your tenacity. Stick to it.

This suicide was a hate crime.
It appears that may have been the goal. Surely some have fallen hard. This reminds me of the low level gov't worker that was found hanging with something written on his chest to imply it was a murder. Many simpletons jumped on the bandwagon saying, iirc, that it was republicans, tea partiers, conservatives, etc. Folks were foaming at the mouth eating up the conspiracy. When the facts came out that it was a suicide *crickets*. I suspect this is SSDD.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:47 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It appears that may have been the goal. Surely some have fallen hard. This reminds me of the low level gov't worker that was found hanging with something written on his chest to imply it was a murder. Many simpletons jumped on the bandwagon saying, iirc, that it was republicans, tea partiers, conservatives, etc. Folks were foaming at the mouth eating up the conspiracy. When the facts came out that it was a suicide *crickets*. I suspect this is SSDD.
That's my point. That's my point. But only "they" have a right to speculate? LOL. We know what they can do for me, right? So, when the facts come out and If my suspicion is wrong, then I'll be wrong. What's the big deal? In the meantime, I'm having fun with the stormfront crew!

Last edited by ErnieG; 03-23-2015 at 04:57 PM..

Old 03-23-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Do you have factual evidence to back up the statement that whites are known for lynching? I've seen people on this board make the comment that blacks are known for robbing people, having poor work ethic, etc.... but I think that's an unfair generalization to make because I've met more that contradict that statement and who are in fact very upstanding human beings than those who fall into that category. (Kind of goes back to judging people by the content of their character)

So by your own admission, if he was in prison for murder previously..... does that mean he was going to murder someone else since the past was a predictor of his future? If that were true (and it's not) maybe someone else knew this and decided to prevent it from happening. I've never lynched anyone (or even thought about it) but since my ancestors have done it in the past and I'm white, does the predictor say I'm eventually going to do it?

As far as credit... for a while it is considered before you get more credit, or a job, etc.... But eventually a record of making payments on time, etc... can clear up your credit history and it can be rebuilt. People learn lessons from past mistakes and work not to repeat those mistakes. Similarly many have used history as a diagram of what mistakes not to repeat since we know the outcome had ill results before.

We all make uneducated opinions and poor decisions. The difference is that some of us will actually admit when we are wrong and learn something from it.
Oh please with the uneducated facts, smats, blats! YOU likely make an opinion based solely on the face of the facts presented to you. Why hold me to a hire standard? Because I suspect a White person of lynching him? Well it's not unheard of. Now had this been such a rare occurrence throughout the history of the South, I'd agree with you. Remember: HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
How many whites were murdered by blacks the same day? Black men are known for murder and violent crimes to a vastly greater extent than whites or asians. I'm sorry, that's not an opinion like "whites are known for lynching", it's a cold hard statistical fact.
How many Blacks were murdered by White police officers on the same day? Better yet, how many Whites killed one another on the same day?

Old 03-23-2015, 05:19 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Oh please with the uneducated facts, smats, blats! YOU likely make an opinion based solely on the face of the facts presented to you. Why hold me to a hire standard? Because I suspect a White person of lynching him? Well it's not unheard of. Now had this been such a rare occurrence throughout the history of the South, I'd agree with you. Remember: HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.

Oh please with the uneducated facts, smats, blats! YOU likely make an opinion based solely on the face of the facts presented to you. Why hold me to a higher standard? Because I suspect a White person of lynching him? Well, it's not unheard of. Now had this been such a rare occurrence throughout the history of the South, I'd agree with you. Remember: HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.

Corrected it for you. Thought you would want it to be correct.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:01 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I don't think any white person nowadays would be brave enough to hang a black man in a county that's 85% black. A true white racist would likely avoid Claiborne County like the plague.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:04 PM

756 posts, read 834,021 times
Exclamation Yes They Are:

Quote:
It is not yet known whether he was killed or took his own life.
I doubt he killed himself.

however, the population in the deep south is not overwhelmingly white. Surprisingly there are very few blacks in the northwest and Rocky Mountains areas.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:19 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Correct View Post
I doubt he killed himself.

however, the population in the deep south is not overwhelmingly white. Surprisingly there are very few blacks in the northwest and Rocky Mountains areas.

If he was murdered, I would think that it was at the hands of another black man. The odds are the greatest in that case.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I don't think any white person nowadays would be brave enough to hang a black man in a county that's 85% black. A true white racist would likely avoid Claiborne County like the plague.
Well, listen. If a White man in Florida can shoot up some Black men for their music being played too loud (in broad daylight) what makes you think lynching can't make a come back?

People are so bent out of shape since Obama. This country has always been divided down racial lines, but it's worse since POTUS took office.

Never, say never when racists are involved.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If he was murdered, I would think that it was at the hands of another black man. The odds are the greatest in that case.
Could be. Then again maybe it's not. I don't believe this is the case though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events