Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 07:17 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,423,492 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many that are so quick to label us Southerners as racist just base their label on what they see in the media. Thats the worst of us. They great majority of us have best friends and, Gasp!, family members who are interracial.....oh the horror.....

Old 03-20-2015, 07:32 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,216,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
I have lived in the north, south, east , and west and in London, and it exists everywhere to some degree. Also if you go around looking for something and pick apart you will get offended. I mean I get offended every day over something if I let myself. Not talking about this dude hanging from a tree because if that was racially motivated then of course that is wrong. Otherwise life is too short, no one is perfect, live and let live.
Sorry sweetness, but with a country built on the backs of slavery and servitude, whose history has systematically oppressed peoples of color and newcomers, "that just live and let live" crap won't fly over here.

A Black in America, hanging in the deep south is reminiscent of a time when such kinds of killing were perpetrated against Blacks (without the law to protect them) because it was the law.

People like you will always be part of the problem with an attitude such as this.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Thanks, I have just read his history. With that said, I doubt that should give anyone the right to kill him (if this is what happens). Robert Durst is accused of killing three people. He will stand trial in a court of law to answer to society. This man did his time in jail for his wrongdoing and that should be that.

So, you're right. It's not right....

Old 03-20-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
do you think the citizen of the south will put of with this either, do you think we want to tarnish the name of Mississippi because of this. if this guy did not take his own life I have pity on the guy that did, because we don't put up with *^it like this.
What makes a citizen of the south any different from the racists goings on anywhere else? Are they somehow better?

Old 03-20-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
Yep the south is very racist. 90% of the crimes between blacks and whites is black on white.
Please provide a link to back this up. If it's true maybe it's southern Black payback, huh?

NOT!

Old 03-20-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Not long ago, research for a work project netted the info that Mississippi has the second highest rate of KKK per capita of U.S. states... the state with the highest rate: Iowa.

Thus, one of my personal taglines: "I'd be better off in Mississippi."
Some indicate the largest chapters may be in Texas! Maybe you'd be better off there?

The Complete List of American Cities Where the KKK Is Known to Operate - Mic

Old 03-20-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Well you looked at Rev Wright church services in Chicago on film; he might have infringed on a KKK patient. Look at the history of racist gangs in prison it goes straight back to California. Pretty much same on streets of any large city in US. Mafia was a racism gang.
I agree about Mafia and racism. As if their crimes were somehow "better than the next persons." How silly some people think.

My sin is not as sinful as yours.....

Old 03-20-2015, 07:54 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
I wonder how many that are so quick to label us Southerners as racist just base their label on what they see in the media. Thats the worst of us. They great majority of us have best friends and, Gasp!, family members who are interracial.....oh the horror.....

Trust me it's definitely in Ohio as well! Here is the other thing, blacks account for about 1% of Ohio's population, whereas it seems many southern states, both with higher and lower populations than mine the percentages of black people in their given populations are higher than here. So having said that, if the South was truly so racist, wouldn't there not be higher populations of black people living in places like Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi or Texas? Wouldn't they have all moved?

Old 03-20-2015, 09:04 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,744,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
So just say what you really want to say.
You diminished someone's opinion and asked for stats. I provide stats, and now you want an opinion?

LOL.

No thanks, Lucy. I'll place my own football rather than let you hold it for me...

Old 03-20-2015, 10:05 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,387,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Trust me it's definitely in Ohio as well! Here is the other thing, blacks account for about 1% of Ohio's population, whereas it seems many southern states, both with higher and lower populations than mine the percentages of black people in their given populations are higher than here. So having said that, if the South was truly so racist, wouldn't there not be higher populations of black people living in places like Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi or Texas? Wouldn't they have all moved?
im in the deep south, the black population of my town is 63%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events