Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 02:52 PM

518 posts, read 871,921 times

Advertisements

I'd like to see the author do some more digging and press the court on how and why these charges from 2011 were dropped. And even if the DUI charges are dropped, no other charges? Crashing into a building... not reckless enough for reckless driving charges in New Jersey?....

Most would be fortunate to only be charged and convicted of a standard DUI for an incident so outrageous. Pretty sure in my state (and probably many others) you would be charged with some kinda felony endangerment. As the store worker in the article said, if the business was open he very easily may have been killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 02:59 PM

194 posts, read 182,989 times
I wonder if this whole thing is going to open an inquiry into the Linden PD & if it does what else is going to come to light?

Last edited by W--Y--D; 03-31-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 04-01-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnKrunkin' View Post
I wonder if this whole thing is going to open an inquiry into the Linden PD & if it does what else is going to come to light?
I dunno but I'm sure there will be a lot of lawsuits. The department will get sued I'm sure.

Raising the age of new hires might be a good idea for this department.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:52 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Jackpot View Post
I dunno but I'm sure there will be a lot of lawsuits. The department will get sued I'm sure.

Raising the age of new hires might be a good idea for this department.
Im not sure the department will get sued.. they could try.. but this was off duty behavior.. they might try for negligent retention... anyone can sue anyone.. making it stick is more difficult.. and right now bean counters are doing their very best to distance themselves from any activity this (soon to be) ex officer did off duty

Old 04-01-2015, 05:39 PM

The surviving officer might have grounds for a lawsuit if he wants to go that route. Maybe the truck driver who was hit too... perhaps could claim PTSD or something. What about the families of the deceased?

I'm sure some lawyer will dig deep try to prove negligence on behalf of the department to get some $$$. Right or wrong it's just how it goes. The department might just settle it quietly to avoid more bad publicity. From the many articles and countless comments surrounding this incident it is a big story and a disastrous PR nightmare for the Linden Police Department. They want this story to go away fast.

In a lawsuit happy country they will be sued I'd guess (probably by multiple parties). But whether it sticks or not as you say who knows.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:52 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
OP with an agenda

... blood test the driver and charge them with murder if they are found to be DUI

That is what I would do.. I have a zero tolerance policy for DUI... policeman mayor god... they all go...
Police officers are always except.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events