Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 07:48 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That article is linked in a thread on the PoC board. Its an older case, but it's still worth reading. Its votes a few other , similar cases. Im going to take a Google stroll, and see if I can find anything on how it all came out. Probably with an out of court settlement and a non disclosure agreement, but its worth a look.

It makes it easier to understand why so much cover up goes on, and decent cops are made afraid to do the right thing. With a whole career on the line, and mouths to feed, retaliation is a legitimate concern. If I were in such a situation, k can't , honestly, say that I would be the one to come forward, or make a call like that Trooper did. Its working with a gun to your head.
In this case the female trooper did the right thing ... it was a department pissing match for awhile...he was off duty and an asshat.. she could have handled it differently and used the system (on duty supervisors from both departments should have responded and let it go to internal investigations)

my recollection is the local was eventually disciplined heavily then fired.. and the departments mended fences... he was charged with reckless driving.. she filed a 1 million dollar harassment suit... In my police site there is no end of this.. and I doubt its through the system yet, There were also other investigations and discipline as a result of this incident and resulting pissing match. To date she has been paid about 67k from various agencies for violating her privacy.. she is now off the road still working for FHP.. so essentially her career is over as a real street copper.. which is very sad. Lopez is suing to get his job back... I dont know where that is at currently.. my opinion.. he doesn't have a snows chance in hell.. nor should he

We set the tone and the example... which is why police generally are good role models in society.. and why I live my life in such a manner to walk the walk.. so that all my students.. and trainees have something to look to... you learn about the road ahead from those coming back

Im not sure why you felt the need to post this here.. but I responded as op because we as police should have nothing to hide... good or bad...

This thread is about positive stories police do 99 percent of the time.. not all the issues, drama, and negative stories that ALSO come along with policing faulty human beings and faulty human behavior

Thanks

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-28-2015 at 08:01 AM..

Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
In this case the female trooper did the right thing ... it was a department pissing match for awhile...he was off duty and an asshat.. she could have handled it differently and used the system (on duty supervisors from both departments should have responded and let it go to internal investigations)

my recollection is the local was eventually disciplined heavily then fired.. and the departments mended fences... he was charged with reckless driving.. she filed a 1 million dollar harassment suit... In my police site there is no end of this.. and I doubt its through the system yet, There were also other investigations and discipline as a result of this incident and resulting pissing match. To date she has been paid about 67k from various agencies for violating her privacy.. she is now off the road still working for FHP.. so essentially her career is over as a real street copper.. which is very sad. Lopez is suing to get his job back... I dont know where that is at currently.. my opinion.. he doesn't have a snows chance in hell.. nor should he

We set the tone and the example... which is why police generally are good role models in society.. and why I live my life in such a manner to walk the walk.. so that all my students.. and trainees have something to look to... you learn about the road ahead from those coming back

Im not sure why you felt the need to post this here.. but I responded as op because we as police should have nothing to hide... good or bad...

This thread is about positive stories police do 99 percent of the time.. not all the issues, drama, and negative stories that ALSO come along with policing faulty human beings and faulty human behavior

Thanks
Well, it was her doing the right thing, despite serious pressure to do otherwise, I found to be a positive,laudable act, by a LEO. It took guts to do. As much as facing some goblin with bad intent. Maybe more. She showed the fortitude it takes, to be a REAL cop. That was my premise, anyway.

Put the H back in honor. The politics muddied the waters, but it was still an honorable, and brave, discharge of her duty. Just sayin'...

Old 03-28-2015, 08:58 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
NVplumber

Quote:
It makes it easier to understand why so much cover up goes on, and decent cops are made afraid to do the right thing. With a whole career on the line, and mouths to feed, retaliation is a legitimate concern.

it really is astounding how little most cop haters know, and how they are unable to look at both sides of the picture, and admit they are wrong....it is real difficult for a lot of people to even say to themselves, "I was wrong" and "I'm sorry"

they constantly bad mouth cops as if officers enjoy killing someone, little do they know...what an officer goes thru when that happens....no one is out there who enjoy hurting others, except criminals.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:39 AM

Boston police officer struggles for life after being shot in the eye... described as marathon bombing hero
Hero cop in Boston Marathon bombing in coma after being shot in face | Fox News

And the month isn't over

Old 03-28-2015, 12:19 PM

30,514 posts, read 16,213,477 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o19E7peIsHE

Old 03-28-2015, 07:21 PM

Tacoma police dog "barney" dies from smelling method
Narcotics dog who ingested meth during search dies | The Columbian

And the month isn't over

Old 03-28-2015, 07:30 PM

671 posts, read 890,368 times
Sanitation men face dangers and fishermen have the most dangerous jobs...There's nothing special about policemen.
Whatever problems they face,they signed up for the deal. Just remember cops carry out policy,,policy set by city hall politicians...If you have a beef take it up with the politicians.. Cops are you and me,they just want to make a living.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:25 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
NVplumber

it really is astounding how little most cop haters know, and how they are unable to look at both sides of the picture, and admit they are wrong....it is real difficult for a lot of people to even say to themselves, "I was wrong" and "I'm sorry"

they constantly bad mouth cops as if officers enjoy killing someone, little do they know...what an officer goes thru when that happens....no one is out there who enjoy hurting others, except criminals.
Mmmm....as k look over that issue of the FL Trooper, I still find myself jaded because of the number of her fellow cops who lined up to lynch her. Truly, though, that sort of thing happens on all kinds of jobs. I've had it happen to me. PSOE who won't back you up , when you REALLY need them to. & its the right thing to do. Afraid of retaliation from management and fellow employees.

I feel and have felt her pain. It fries my cookie to see so.some get turned on thataway. I wonder how many stepped up and supported her? No reporting on that. Had to have been some. Wonder what happened to them?

Old 03-29-2015, 04:54 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Mmmm....as k look over that issue of the FL Trooper, I still find myself jaded because of the number of her fellow cops who lined up to lynch her. Truly, though, that sort of thing happens on all kinds of jobs. I've had it happen to me. PSOE who won't back you up , when you REALLY need them to. & its the right thing to do. Afraid of retaliation from management and fellow employees.

I feel and have felt her pain. It fries my cookie to see so.some get turned on thataway. I wonder how many stepped up and supported her? No reporting on that. Had to have been some. Wonder what happened to them?
well of course, you have to look at both sides of the coin, this is their lively hood, their families, and unfortunately, the hiring management knows this, Jobs do not come easy...and while it is unfortunate...not even a handful of people will stand behind you when push comes to shove....you must stand up for yourself and deal with the consequences....not that it's right....it isn't....but....

had it happen to me once a long time ago, to....

Even your friends, your true friends, you can count on one hand, and not use all five fingers....so....
a lot of police departments today, will not stand for what is right, they do what best suits their political affiliation...sad, but true.....

If people would change and stand up against this thing, against criminals, it would change...but they don't.....

Old 03-29-2015, 05:15 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It's a shame that a small percentage of bad cops tarnish the reputation of the hundreds of thousands of good officers.
Yes it is.

And even more of a shame to the people who take that small percentage and over react. Take their deep seeded anger in life and throw it at Police Officers.

Every profession has some people behaving wrong.

Every group of anything where people are involved has some behaving badly, even the PTA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events