Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 09:13 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times

Advertisements

In our community, a crazy old guy shot and killed several of his neighbors at a trailer park. The police arrived and he was arrested without incident. However, after they had him cuffed and immobilized, they proceeded to beat the crap out of him. On video.

Our police chief called for an investigation and the officers were all fired. Just like that and just like they should have been. No one tried to cover it up or justify the behavior in any way.

I was proud of the chief for acting decisively and hope that his leadership deters other officers on the force from acting the same way. Police officers are supposed to detain and arrest suspects, not beat them half to death out of anger for whatever it is they've done.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:37 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
In our community, a crazy old guy shot and killed several of his neighbors at a trailer park. The police arrived and he was arrested without incident. However, after they had him cuffed and immobilized, they proceeded to beat the crap out of him. On video.

Our police chief called for an investigation and the officers were all fired. Just like that and just like they should have been. No one tried to cover it up or justify the behavior in any way.

I was proud of the chief for acting decisively and hope that his leadership deters other officers on the force from acting the same way. Police officers are supposed to detain and arrest suspects, not beat them half to death out of anger for whatever it is they've done.
I know the department my son works for would never ever put up with that either....consider, that there is an awful lot that we don't hear about....

Old 04-07-2015, 09:47 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
it is an unfortunate mentality, statistics show, that most people who are against officers, have had confrontations with the law....and it's a different world today, full of angry gang members and people who don't know any other life....so they are confrontational to police....leaving police no other alternative, but you are absolutely right, there is nothing 100% perfect in this world. What is, for certain is, that kids are growing up in broken homes, leading a life of crime, and each crime they commit, gets worse and worse....you wouldn't believe how many times one criminal may be arrested....and that has been going on since the kid was young.....it is a shame....there are less and less people being raised with morals, then in any other time in the history of the U.S.
I'd like to see those stats. Where could I find them?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:47 AM

463 posts, read 320,886 times
Quote:
it is an unfortunate mentality, statistics show, that most people who are against officers, have had confrontations with the law
That is right, and I bet if you went a little deeper into the statistics, you would find the majority of those confrontations in the last 40+ years are drug related. Our prisons being filled with mostly non-violent drug offenders is further proof of that.

If people with drug issues were treated in the health care system instead of criminals to be prosecuted, the majority of those confrontations with the law would have been avoided, so there would be a lot fewer people who see cops as the enemy. The war on drugs has played a huge part in creating the current attitude of cops and the public being at war with each other.

notmeofficer is part of a police force that has been trained to turn as many citizens as possible into criminals. Pulling people over because their tag light is burned out, then proceeding to try to find some way to get them in trouble (finding their drugs, in other words), goes a long way towards destroying the relationship between cops and the population at large.

But most cops, notmeofficer included, are good people. They are just out doing what they have been trained and instructed to do. That puts them in harms way, and for that they do not get paid enough. It is just sad that the war on drugs has placed them (and the general public) in much more harm than necessary.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:10 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'd like to see those stats. Where could I find them?
Those stats are derived from the minds of police and their family members. Don't hold your breath.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Hello poster
I was not addressing you personally...you will notice words like perhaps and maybe.. please do not personalize unless it applies... and since it is the internet and everything is unverifiable there is no need to share what kind of person you are in this thread ... perhaps your own thread would be a better use of your heartbeats
Please go start your own thread
The topic of this one is the positive things police do 99 percent of the time
If you feel the need to be confrontational with many people one after the other by both post padding and going off topic... again...go start your own thread ..you are adding nothing to this thread

This is a direct request
You weren't addressing me personally, eh? I see the common practice of police lying to get what they want carries over to off duty life as well.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:32 PM

Here's a fine example of these highly trained professionals in action:

Gun protocols reviewed after officer's death during training - FOX10 News | WALA

Just another day

Old 04-07-2015, 01:53 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
it is an unfortunate mentality, statistics show, that most people who are against officers, have had confrontations with the law....and it's a different world today, full of angry gang members and people who don't know any other life....so they are confrontational to police....leaving police no other alternative, but you are absolutely right, there is nothing 100% perfect in this world. What is, for certain is, that kids are growing up in broken homes, leading a life of crime, and each crime they commit, gets worse and worse....you wouldn't believe how many times one criminal may be arrested....and that has been going on since the kid was young.....it is a shame....there are less and less people being raised with morals, then in any other time in the history of the U.S.
You don't need statistics when a majority of the population affected is telling you its a problem.

I respect your posts and you seem like a great person, so don't take this wrong, but it just seems like YOU haven't had bad experiences therefore YOU don't like what's going on right now.

For lack of a better comparison it would almost be like me telling women to shut up about rape.

If you had ever been victimized you'd understand. Threads like this don't help the problem. They're simply trying to deflect attention away from the bad officers.

But think about it. When it comes to anybody outside the force do they do the same?

Old 04-07-2015, 03:58 PM

98 posts, read 88,425 times
God bless and protect our police from the scum that what tear us apart

Old 04-07-2015, 04:02 PM

506 posts, read 426,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Here's a fine example of these highly trained professionals in action:

Gun protocols reviewed after officer's death during training - FOX10 News | WALA

Just another day
Ha! HA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events