Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 09:07 AM

244 posts, read 248,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
3, 7 what's the difference? His ex wife, SS and BB, his ex fiancé that he slapped and the woman he threw onto a table in his bouncer days. Do you see HIS pattern?

He's an abuser, a great mugshot array for his portfolio.

I didn't make anything up..counting from his 2005 days, dude has been on a downward spiral.

But this thread isn't really about the trial, it's about his message to our President.
2005? You're being generous. If memory serves, he began digitally molesting his little cousin's genitals fresh out of kindergarten, a pattern that lasted until high school and may very well have qualified as rape by that point. I think it's hard to be on a downward spiral when you've never been on an upward one.

Or as O'Mara likes to say: "Quintessential George!"

Old 03-26-2015, 09:09 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Venia View Post
Fact fail. I'm surprised how many people think they know the details of this case and truly don't.

You got what Rachel said wrong and the location of the killing wrong. It was definitely not on "the other end of the complex."

Furthermore, even if you'd gotten the details correct, your conclusions wouldn't logically follow from those details.
Untrue. I live about 4 miles from The Retreat at Twin Lakes where this happened. I went there shortly after this happened. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to look at the scene. From where GZ's truck was parked, to TM's home was about 2 minutes. Plenty of time for TM to get home. I estimate where the blood on the sidewalk was is about 50 yards from TM's home. It's only logical that TM had to backtrack to find GZ. Testimony proved that GZ lost sight of TM. He was not following... he was searching. TM stated to Rachel that he was almost to his back step yet the incident occurred aprox 50 yards from his dad's house.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:10 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Maybe not, but you are innocent in the eyes of the law.

No, not really. this is in reference to an Ohio attorney but believe it applies all over the nation..

Quote:
The straight answer is No. Being found not guilty entitles you only to your
liberty and to not be held in jeopardy for the same crime again. The
fact that you were acquitted or found not guilty on criminal charges does not
mean that you were innocent of the crime. In order to be found guilty
the State must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Your being found not
guilty just means that the finder of fact was not convinced of your guilt beyond
a reasonable doubt. To be arrested and charged with a crime in the first place
the standard is much lower. The police and the prosecutor only have to show
that more likely than not you are guilty. This is called probable cause. If
you could show that you were arrested and prosecuted when there was not probable
cause to do so, then you may have a viable civil lawsuit against the county and
or the police.
Is it true that if youre found not guilty on all charges then you are owed money? ? 25 Legal Answers as of February 17, 2012 - LawQA.com

Quote:
An appeal by two terminated Richmond police officers was denied this week by
Madison Circuit Judge William Clouse, who said a jury’s acquittal “...
does not necessarily mean said defendant was innocent.”
http://www.richmondregister.com/news...171e43703.html

Last edited by Amythyst; 03-26-2015 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: added another link

Old 03-26-2015, 09:13 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
He has no job what tax paying citizen?
Hah.. I've thought about how he may eventually prefer the thought of prison. Think about this.. he cannot get a job, he has no money, many hate him and he has to look over his shoulder .. (I forgot if he can no longer have guns at this point). Women are going to be avoiding him..(hopefully). His life is nowhere and anywhere he goes, he will be recognized.

In prison, he could relax, which he can't do now. He would be with those like himself and make friends...(maybe), have meals and a "room" supplied, do some work and get paid, could stop having to keep up a false front, get therapy.

The very thing he was trying to avoid by having elaborately staged a fake, self-defense claim, is the very thing that he will need.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:17 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Hey man, not being proven guilty in a court of law in the United States of America, does not mean you're innocent.
In this case it wasn't a question weather G shot T. The question was if he shot T in self defense.
Here in Florida, the law says even if you were the initial aggressor, you can use deadly force if at the time you pulled the trigger you believed your life was in imminent danger or great bodily harm.
T would still be alive today if he would have just punched G and left it at that. Instead he mounted G and proceed to beat his head into the sidewalk.
If someone was on top of you and beating your head into the sidewalk, do you think that you would fear for your well being?

I'm well versed in this particular law because I teach this to my students that are seeking to obtain a CCW license.
If you are going to carry, you must know the laws in your state about when you can use deadly force.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Hah.. I've thought about how he may eventually prefer the thought of prison. Think about this.. he cannot get a job, he has no money, many hate him and he has to look over his shoulder .. (I forgot if he can no longer have guns at this point). Women are going to be avoiding him..(hopefully). His life is nowhere and anywhere he goes, he will be recognized.

In prison, he could relax, which he can't do now. He would be with those like himself and make friends...(maybe), have meals and a "room" supplied, do some work and get paid, could stop having to keep up a false front, get therapy.

The very thing he was trying to avoid by having elaborately staged a fake, self-defense claim, is the very thing that he will need.

Seems prison might be unavoidable for GZ, his wanton disrespect for others will get him back in the news and possibly another arrest.

Now some are saying he just blew his NBC appeal (GZ looks for easy money, maybe looking for donations again). If he sends out a PSA to our President, he's not in any fear of retaliation.

So, once again, he will probably strike out when he gets that denial on his appeal.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Untrue. I live about 4 miles from The Retreat at Twin Lakes where this happened. I went there shortly after this happened. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to look at the scene. From where GZ's truck was parked, to TM's home was about 2 minutes. Plenty of time for TM to get home. I estimate where the blood on the sidewalk was is about 50 yards from TM's home. It's only logical that TM had to backtrack to find GZ. Testimony proved that GZ lost sight of TM. He was not following... he was searching. TM stated to Rachel that he was almost to his back step yet the incident occurred aprox 50 yards from his dad's house.
Searching.

For???

And why???

What with the Big Black Beast of Miami Gardens on the loose and all.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
In this case it wasn't a question weather G shot T. The question was if he shot T in self defense.
Here in Florida, the law says even if you were the initial aggressor, you can use deadly force if at the time you pulled the trigger you believed your life was in imminent danger or great bodily harm.
T would still be alive today if he would have just punched G and left it at that. Instead he mounted G and proceed to beat his head into the sidewalk.
If someone was on top of you and beating your head into the sidewalk, do you think that you would fear for your well being?

I'm well versed in this particular law because I teach this to my students that are seeking to obtain a CCW license.
If you are going to carry, you must know the laws in your state about when you can use deadly force.

Trayvon's body was found in the grass I don't know what you're talking about. Trayvon would be alive today if GZ continued on for his Target run with that huge 50 cents on him. SMH

Again, if he had his head beaten on the sidewalk, GZ would have more than just some little lacerations that didn't require any sutures and three tiny pricks on his nose.

Too many have drank his koolaid and take his lying words as fact.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:35 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
The mystery here is, how the same people who want to assume and justify what occurred in this incident, amazingly think nothing wrong of the actual (proven) criminal,
Please list all the crimes that Zimmerman has been proven (i.e. convicted) to have committed.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:

You subscribe to the Sidewalk Story? Oh my.

Ps. Nobody's arguing that George was not exceedingly well versed in the laws of Florida State with special emphasis on self-defense, SYG and deadly force. Well, except George.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events