Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 04:16 PM

118 posts, read 81,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
There's those pesky four minutes again.
Nobody that thinks Zimmie caught up to TM
can explain that one. (Psst...TM doubled back.)
Why do you think nobody can explain it? There are at least a half dozen different plausible evidence-consonant explanations out there that don't involve TM "doubling back" from a location closer to his townhome than he was when he died. If you've read even a little on this case, you've no doubt come across several of them. It would be pretty weird if you hadn't, and one would have to question the depth of your research if you hadn't.

It would be even weirder if you couldn't generate on your own without much difficulty at least 2 or 3 plausible explanations that fit all the known evidence and didn't involved doubling back. I find it strange when people get so locked into only one possibility that they lose the ability to think of possible, consistent alternatives. The phenomenon actually has a name. It's called premature closure.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:16 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Again, you are incorrect. Detective Serino wanted him charged with manslaughter. Wolfinger nixed it. I don't believe Scott put a special prosecutor on this to appease anyone. A crime occurred, the detective wanted charges filed and the then DA wouldn't go for it. But we later learned there is a connection between the Z's and Wolfinger. So maybe it's not what you know or don't know but WHO you know.

Wolfinger no longer has that position.

Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted to Charge George Zimmerman With Manslaughter - ABC News
Serino told the FBI he was pressured to ask for charges against Z even though he personally didn't believe there was enough evidence.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:20 PM

118 posts, read 81,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The state's expert medical witness, Dr. Rao, disagrees with you.

Of course the defense expert disagrees with you, but I'll bet you don't accept defense testimony.
Quote please. I doubt it. But if you do find a quote of him 'disagreeing' with me, I'll evaluate it to see if it is the disagreement you claim it is. Chances are, it isn't. However, since this is MY area of expertise and not his or DiMaio's, I'd be happy to go head to head with any quote from either one you'd care to post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events