Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 10:18 AM

672 posts, read 789,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I think that we are pretty sure this was intentional and are just looking at if there is any other possible explanations. I am not sure why this speculation pisses so many people off. Do you need people to toe the same line as you? Does independent thought threaten you?

Simple question: If the investigators have all of the answers why are they still investigating?
Independent thought does not threaten me at all, in fact, I like it a lot and I wish that the person to whom I was responding would actually exercise logic and reason, because were that happening, this portion of the conversation would have ended already. It appears that some people are choosing to be ignorant deliberately, that there are facts which already exist which preclude certain scenarios, scenarios which are still steadfastly being floated by people, and when that person is presented with facts about a particular part of evidence, and then continues to assert that something might have happened which is physically impossible, something that the facts which were presented clearly prove could not have happened, and then continues on down a path for which there is ZERO evidence, it makes no logical sense.

It is silly for you to assert that anyone has claimed that investigators have all the answers, no one has done this, and for you to continue to ask this question which you know for a fact that all plane crashes are investigated for months, sometimes years, it is a logical fallacy for you to ask why investigators are still investigating-- you and I both know that this investigation will take months. The facts which have already been collected are pointing to the most reasonable, likely conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 10:19 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Captain leaves cockpit. Co-pilot feels immediately ill, severe pain in his head. He begins descent. He can't speak. He reaches to unlock cabin door
. The pain was the onset of a brain aneurysm. He instead locks door. Ever witness some with a brain aneurysm? Ugly thing but they don't die immediately, they breathe on for a while. He sits in his seat, incapacitated. Plane eventually crashes.

So he actively adjusts the plane's flying altitude from 30,000+ feet to 100 feet to crash it directly into a mountain, yeah no.

Like I've had pilots tell me, its impossible for all this to have happened as a result of a medical emergency, it requires intent on the part of the pilot for the whole chain of events to occur as they did. It was a deliberate action, no doubt about that, we just don't know what his motives were.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
I can read what the investigators have released. Just saying it here does not make you an investigator, which it seems you kind of want the importance of.
Really? That's interesting because in all of the posts, including the ones that you have quoted & responded to, I have said that I am "relaying what the investigators have said". Can you explain to me how in your world, that translates into "you seem to kind of want the importance of being the investigator"? I'm fascinated how my words of "relaying what the investigators have investigated" morphs into me thinking I'm an investigator. Fascinating.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:22 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Except that it doesn't work that way.

Overriding the plane's safety systems to fly like that is more complicated than flipping a switch. Furthermore the door lock is more sophisticated. There is a keypad outside which can be used to unlock the door. It can be overridden but there it takes specific action to do that and I believe they said can only be initiated for a certain time after the keypad is used.

Someone with an aneurysm will not be doing these things. (And while I didn't personally see it, a co-worker in my office died on the spot from one. Terrible event. )

You have to repeatedly engage the locking system from within the cockpit and the override only stays active for a period of time, typically 5 minutes. So he had to consciously activate the override at least twice. He also had to consciously adjust the plane's altitude all the way down to 100 feet.

The whole "he had a medical emergency" reasoning is completely lacking any basis in reality.

There's absolutely nothing to support that whatsoever.

Is it more likely that a guy who had been under psychiatric care for depression and anxiety, who had to put a hold on his pilot training because of mental healthcare issues ended up finally succumbing to his issues and killing himself and everyone on that plane deliberately, or that a young individual who ran marathons and apparently was in optimum physical health had some sort of incapacitating health issue that still allowed him to make the decision to consciously keep hitting the cockpit override to prevent the pilot from re-entering the cabin as well as dropping the plane's altitude all the way down to 100 feet...........

Think horses, not zebras when you hear hoofbeats.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Independent thought does not threaten me at all, in fact, I like it a lot and I wish that the person to whom I was responding would actually exercise logic and reason, because were that happening, this portion of the conversation would have ended already. It appears that some people are choosing to be ignorant deliberately, that there are facts which already exist which preclude certain scenarios, scenarios which are still steadfastly being floated by people, and when that person is presented with facts about a particular part of evidence, and then continues to assert that something might have happened which is physically impossible, something that the facts which were presented clearly prove could not have happened, and then continues on down a path for which there is ZERO evidence, it makes no logical sense.
If they believe something that you believe is incorrect why do you care? Why are you making so many posts about it? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
It is silly for you to assert that anyone has claimed that investigators have all the answers, no one has done this, and for you to continue to ask this question which you know for a fact that all plane crashes are investigated for months, sometimes years, it is a logical fallacy for you to ask why investigators are still investigating-- you and I both know that this investigation will take months. The facts which have already been collected are pointing to the most reasonable, likely conclusion.
Why do investigations take months and years? Can I not wait more than 100 hours before I make up my mind?

A lot of my medical questions happened within the first 48 hours yet people are still threatened by that. I really could care less if you made up you mind within one second of hearing about it. I do not think it is likely but I will be curious for a while if there was something that happened that caused this beyond this kid purposefully flying into a mountain and murdering a lot of innocent people.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Really? That's interesting because in all of the posts, including the ones that you have quoted & responded to, I have said that I am "relaying what the investigators have said". Can you explain to me how in your world, that translates into "you seem to kind of want the importance of being the investigator"? I'm fascinated how my words of "relaying what the investigators have investigated" morphs into me thinking I'm an investigator. Fascinating.
Because you are relaying the words of the investigators in an attempt to speak for them.

They are still investigating. There is no final report. I can think what I like and I do not think very highly of your mental abilities.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
You have to repeatedly engage the locking system from within the cockpit and the override only stays active for a period of time, typically 5 minutes. So he had to consciously activate the override at least twice. He also had to consciously adjust the plane's altitude all the way down to 100 feet.

The whole "he had a medical emergency" reasoning is completely lacking any basis in reality.

There's absolutely nothing to support that whatsoever.

Is it more likely that a guy who had been under psychiatric care for depression and anxiety, who had to put a hold on his pilot training because of mental healthcare issues ended up finally succumbing to his issues and killing himself and everyone on that plane deliberately, or that a young individual who ran marathons and apparently was in optimum physical health had some sort of incapacitating health issue that still allowed him to make the decision to consciously keep hitting the cockpit override to prevent the pilot from re-entering the cabin as well as dropping the plane's altitude all the way down to 100 feet...........

Think horses, not zebras when you hear hoofbeats.
I think horses but I am not surprised when I see Zebra's. If I am just hearing hoof beats and I am in North America I am pretty sure it is a horse but I will leave room for the possibility of it being Zebra's if the circus is in town.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Because you are relaying the words of the investigators in an attempt to speak for them.

They are still investigating. There is no final report. I can think what I like and I do not think very highly of your mental abilities.
You too could "speak for them" if you read the news. It's called reading the facts. It's called reading what the investigators have said. Since you seem unable to read what the investigators have said, I attempted to tell you. Is that speaking for them? Only in so much in that I am telling a person who is completely ignorant of what an investigator has said what that investigator said. Only in so much as that you appear to be too lazy to get the exact same information that myself & everyone else that knows how to read the news possesses. It's really not that hard to open a newspaper or go on a news website. You too could be "speaking for them" if you would just make half of an effort instead of ignoring what is right in front of your face & making up your own "facts". So who here is the one pretending to be the investigator? That would be you. What an interesting turn of events!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:46 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
So he actively adjusts the plane's flying altitude from 30,000+ feet to 100 feet to crash it directly into a mountain, yeah no.

Like I've had pilots tell me, its impossible for all this to have happened as a result of a medical emergency, it requires intent on the part of the pilot for the whole chain of events to occur as they did. It was a deliberate action, no doubt about that, we just don't know what his motives were.
To be clear, you are saying that the possibility that the co-pilot having experienced some problem that caused him to set a descent means there could not have been an activity afterwards that would have done something else? No one is questioning what happened, only presenting alternative possibilities as to why. Get it?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:48 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,837 times
Fragile, what about the Muslim comment you made? Potato get too hot to hold onto? You sure ran far and fast from that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events