Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:30 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Yeah, really.
Not once were cosby's victims blamed.

Try again.
I'm not sure if you're this clueless because you never bothered to think about the subject but you need to learn to read between the lines. With all the tens of thousands of people who have commented on this case, to say they were "not once" blamed is patently false.

People rarely come out and say "It's [victim's] fault they got raped." What they do is insinuate the victim shares blame based on underlying ideas and attitudes. They ask why the victim didn't do something different to stop it, or what they did to put themselves into the position where they could be raped, or why they behaved the way they did afterward. Behind all that lies the question "What did you do to cause it?"

For example, how about the interview where a CNN reporter asked one of his victims during an interview why she didn't bite his dick off when forced to perform oral sex?

Quote:
Instead, what proceeded was appalling. Lemon, in a few brief lines, blamed the victim for not stopping her assault, while also managing to subtly convey a whole series of rape myths.
Lemon’s most repugnant suggestion was this: “You know, there are ways not to perform oral sex.” He went on to clarify that he meant the “using of the teeth” as a “weapon” to stop the alleged assault. Put crassly, “Why didn’t you bite his dick if you didn’t want to perform oral sex?” Lemon continued, “If you didn’t want to do it… In other words, “you really wanted it.”

Don Lemon Didn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 08:07 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
i'm surprised this guy is still walking.
if he did this to 30+ men when i was in college
he wouldn't have his legs right now.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:13 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Yeah, really.
Not once were cosby's victims blamed.

Try again.
??? What are you talking about? ALL of Cosby's victims were blamed, by hundreds of people, on TV, Internet, newspaper, radio, for weeks! where have you been??

Try again yourself?

Old 03-24-2015, 08:23 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
What happens if he gets put into a prison cell with Bubba? Will they have to take turns raping each other?

Old 03-24-2015, 11:13 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
So, do any of these articles say what he did, exactly? In specific terms? I mean, did he put wigs and makeup on them like Jodelle Ferland did to Jeff Bridges' corpse, in 'Tideland'? (to make them "pretty")

Did he cover them in Fettuccine Alfredo, and let a pack of toy poodles lick them clean?

Maybe he tied them up, and made them sit through the entire 12-hour boxed DVD set of 'Wayne Newton: Hi-Lites of Sixty Years Performing Live in Vegas!' ? I'm thinking that since some of them are "scarred for life", that surely this would include Wayne's runaway hit, 'Bessie the Heifer', the absolute nadir of Western Civilization, and easily the most painful and embarrassing thing I've ever experienced. (starts at 11:00 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mSKtAjbz9A ).

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 03-24-2015 at 11:31 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 03:27 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
Sexual assault is horrific for anyone and the effects are forever. I'm sure the victims were drugged but it seems there should have been some bystander intervention. I don't care what it looks like, we need to step in and speak up for anyone who looks incapacitated. Not being able to say no and being taken advantage of is sexual assault.

I trained as a Victim Advocate (while military) and I found myself giving more sympathy to the male and child victims we studied, oddly enough, than the white females (of which I am one). When I realized it I was seriously shocked at my own reaction. So I'd be willing to bet the reaction here would be a lot different if the victims had been female. But the truth is, it's as horrendous for anyone regardless of gender/race. I'm sure it's much worse for children in the long run.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:38 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
It's Obama's fault?

Don

Old 03-25-2015, 05:41 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Sounds like he drugged his victims, or at least kept giving them alcohol until they passed out.

I wonder if people are going to start saying the victims share the blame because of what they were wearing, how much they drank or any of the other BS excuses that get trotted out when rape victims are female?
Thanks, THIS, exactly! Though I completely sympathize with the victims - they should all be treated well by police and those who are supposed to be helping them.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:59 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
How is this even comparable to the Cosby situation?...this guy is caught on TAPE (in both video footage AND audio footage implying that he had sex with unconscious/intoxicated people)..AND he has already been arrested AND charged IMMEDIATELY after the crime..not 45 years later...of course people are blaming him instead of the victims.. They actually have pretty damning evidence against him. Its not just his word against their's about something that did or allegedly did occur back in the 70's.

Last edited by soletaire; 03-25-2015 at 06:35 AM..

Old 03-25-2015, 07:26 AM

438 posts, read 653,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Well, did you see how those guys were dressed? The so-called victims in this case were asking for it.

Sad that you think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events