Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 03:56 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times

Advertisements

What we have here is total disrespect for the law, by guess who?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 04:06 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Are you certain he's not on official business,
or is this silly post just another assumption?

Old 03-24-2015, 04:09 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
To be fair, Seminole County cops are full of morons... Their history isn't the greatest.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:15 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
I was going to say - at least he isn't in the handicapped spot - but I looked again and he is probably blocking the access ramp.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:19 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Op..is this more police hate?.. perhaps you might want to educate yourself on the law before you spout off about it

An "E" plated vehicle is legally exempt from the rules of the road...

The legislature in all its infinite wisdom deemed that police vehicles should be exempt from the rules of the road in the course and scope of their business...emergent and non emergent.

If you dont like the law dont vote in the people that make it... even better.. get involved and change it..

It appears in your picture that the officer operating this vehicle went out of his way to make sure the handicapped space next to him had room for the citizen that might need it... even though if he needed to he could have blocked it... and yes we can argue a ramp might have been blocked

I do not.. and we are instructed not to,, as a matter of routine business to violate laws without good justification. This does not mean I don't speed everyday to catch a speeder,,I do.. I just have to do it with due regard for the care and safety of others... I personally NEVER block any handicap access because its a cite I love to write..and I think it sends the wrong message if I break that law... the only people that should get to park there are injured vets and old people (and unfortunately in California the thousands of questionably bogus people who say they are handicapped but aren't)

Your unbridled thirst to find police wrong of something so you can post it up here on CD is telling... and makes one wonder....
what makes you tick?...

In a stark example of reality ...next time you're (not you personally.. but the global you) getting sodomized perhaps you would like us to park down the street and walk in...

Would that be better service?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-24-2015 at 04:32 PM..

Old 03-24-2015, 04:24 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
I see people parking in the cross-hatched area nearly every day at stores around town.
Just as I see people jay-walking every day, especially along the "hospital corridor".
Just as I see people driving 40 to 45 MPH in a 35 MPH zone.
Yes, there IS a noticeable disrespect of the law in the United States today!
AND it is prevalent in ALL levels of society, as evidenced by the jaywalking in the "Hospital Corridor"; these are DOCTORS, NURSES, ETC., highly educated people who are supposed to be advocates of getting exercise, but are apparently too lazy to walk to the corner and cross the street in a crosswalk!
rant over.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Are you certain he's not on official business,
or is this silly post just another assumption?
It's a take home vehicle. The original uploader says it's parked there 16 hours a day, because the cop doesn't like to walk too far. But even if it was official business, it would still be illegal. There is no ADA exception for police vehicles.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I was going to say - at least he isn't in the handicapped spot - but I looked again and he is probably blocking the access ramp.
He is blocking the access ramp.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Op..police hater.. perhaps you might want to educate yourself on the law before you spout off about it

An "E" plated vehicle is legally exempt from the rules of the road....
Link please.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:50 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Link please.
Technically you are still wrong.. take home or not.. an E plated vehicle is exempt in and of itself

Now do you want the California vehicle code section?

or Florida?

Florida you can look up yourself

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Have fun..

Now.. we can discuss if its bad policy.. yes it might be,, but we also have no idea what this officers duties are.. and why he has a take home vehicle.. which in and of itself is fairly rare on a larger Sheriffs department .. which tells me he holds a position that most likely requires an immediate response.. swat.. hostage negotiation.. bomb squad.. emergency operations bureau... now if it was an UNMARKED vehicle and it was some admin guy seeing his squeeze.. yea.. that would get ME upset right along with everyone else.. and something he could be disciplined for...

On top of this you as a private citizen cannot demand that a citation be written for an infraction.. you can demand one for a misdemeanor committed in your presence but not an infraction.. so no one will enforce any violation of a traffic law on a police car.. the courts and jurisdictions recognize this

So what is all your point here Kaaboom? police bad.. Kaaboom outs them daily..

You want justice?.. it isnt on CD.. you want all of us to go.. oh.. yea.. bad police again..lets get rid of all of them... look at this officer.. the gall of him.. blocking granny 12 plants handicapped space..

I suggest you forward your picture to the PIO at Seminole County Sheriff and ask them for an explanation and report back to us. Of course its your right to file a complaint and let it be investigated fully.. to be founded.. unfounded.. or unsubstantiated... good luck Kaaboom.. you have plenty of time to go after the police... tell us how that process goes..

Reality... you have NO CLUE what this officer was doing and why he was there.. and even if you did your agenda wouldn't fit with him doing his job..

And please.. before you post up pictures of NYPD officers getting coffee parked in red zones I have one comment for you

Get over it

And.. since your sources are usually hinky.. who was the original uploader?

Marked police units and the officers that operate them are subject to limited liability and exemptions of the law,, because that's the way government works and was designed that way...

Get your law license.. go work for the ACLU.. realize your aspirations of making the "man" be accountable

Or.. just tap on the keys at CD....

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-24-2015 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events