Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 01:23 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That's funny. Black celebrities like Diana Ross, Denzel Washington, Magic Johnson, Oprah Winfrey have lived in the some of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the country (that were majority white) and I've never heard of a story of them or from them talking about getting randomly stopped by police.
There was the case of the Harvard professor who was handcuffed by police for breaking into his own home. He'd left his keys in the house, and needed to go in through a window. Police thought it was a crime in progress, because he was Black, living in a tony neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Every male with dark skin in the USA knows about getting repeatedly stopped and harassed by the police for virtually no reason, ask Stephen A. Smith. There is actual information that shows dark skinned people get stopped, a lot more frequently than light skinned people, but most of light skinned America still wants to pretend that dark skinned America is sharing some sort of collective delusion about this or that dark skinned America deserves to be stopped by the police.

Most of light skinned America has very little experience with being stopped by the police, but by age ten most of dark skinned America is quite experienced with being stopped and harassed by the police for no valid reason.
It's total delusion. If they are stopped disproportionately, it's because they've been observed by a law enforcement officer committing a disproportionate number of violations and/or crimes. It's not because they are darker though. I'm sure that we could create a statistic that shows people of a certain height or weight are disproportionately stopped, arrested etc if we wanted to and then infer that it's because of their height, weight or whatever else.

I think it's extremely rare, that without any doubt whatsoever, that a police officer actually has any interest in pulling someone over (illegally) for the explicit purpose of harassing them for being black. You have to be REALLY dumb in this day and age to risk you job, your life and the stigma to even do it.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:27 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If you are riding passenger with Jerry Seinfeld and JS is speeding and gets pulled over, would you consider it YOU getting pulled over? Most people would not. Obviously, Chris Rock as an agenda here. Personally, I like CR and usually find his bits pretty entertaining.
I was under the impression he wasn't with Jerry Seinfeld on each occasion.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:37 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I was under the impression he wasn't with Jerry Seinfeld on each occasion.
He counted the time JERRY SEINFELD was driving as one of the times. He is going for the emotional crowd and obviously he is reaching them. I could get pulled over several times in a month easily, anyone could. It is proof of nothing. Circumstances were not discussed so this is worthless. Pity, I do enjoy his work most times.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:09 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,300,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Please share your sources. Also, the facts leading up to the killings, i.e., drew a gun, etc.

What is your opinion of the man in Baltimore? Was approached by officers, none with guns drawn. Victim proceeded to shoot one of the officers in the face and now that officer is in a coma. The "victim" is dead. Is he one of those innocents you are referring to?
STOP POLICE BRUTALITY ! Where was AJ Holder looking when that man was harassed by officers ?

Old 04-03-2015, 04:02 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What in Hell is frightening our police so bad they seem to have been infested with stupid?

It's not fright--it's a directive from the top>down. Here's a RAND Corporation research paper paid for and provided to the U.S. Army. (Thanks taxpayers! I would love to know what the military paid for this bit of research). All the police brutality and profiling stories we're hearing so much more of right now is in preparation and training for much larger scale events involving even wider swaths of the U.S. citizenry (blacks, whites, browns...all of us). Police are ramping up the violence and such to get people even more used to the fact that we have handlers---handlers (police) who can push people around for no good reason. It's coming, folks...to a town near you soon!

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand...RAND_MG819.pdf

Old 04-03-2015, 04:11 PM

Police are even chasing down people with Down syndrome. Check out this story out of Cleveland.

Family sues Cleveland police officers, claims teen son with Down syndrome was attacked | cleveland.com

Old 04-03-2015, 04:24 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
It's not fright--it's a directive from the top>down. Here's a RAND Corporation research paper paid for and provided to the U.S. Army. (Thanks taxpayers! I would love to know what the military paid for this bit of research). All the police brutality and profiling stories we're hearing so much more of right now is in preparation and training for much larger scale events involving even wider swaths of the U.S. citizenry (blacks, whites, browns...all of us). Police are ramping up the violence and such to get people even more used to the fact that we have handlers---handlers (police) who can push people around for no good reason. It's coming, folks...to a town near you soon!

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand...RAND_MG819.pdf
You know what.... I actually agree with you... I think our government specifically under Obama has increased its preparation for larger scale events. At street level we don't see the trickle down but I see things to me that are disturbing as a policeman
Increased use of drones and electronic measures against citizens
Increased large scale purchases of ammunition
Increased placement of equipment used against citizens in large scale disturbances
Increased attempts at removing weapons from civilians
Increased expansion of unchecked executive powers

You want to really be concerned ... be concerned about these things and the liberals driving it

Obamas playbook... chaos.. right from Alinsky...
Then control ... and people will beg for it
... and social progressives will run their agenda right through our constitution

As far as us... police pushing it... nope... not one of us older coppers would go for it... just like when the assault weapons ban happened... very few of us ever enforced it...
So... the copper and police hater agree... there might be hope for the world yet...but.. ramping up the violence... nope... haters are doing a good job all by themselves for that.... makes me wonder... what have you done to make the world better

Old 04-03-2015, 04:42 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
Police are even chasing down people with Down syndrome. Check out this story out of Cleveland.

Family sues Cleveland police officers, claims teen son with Down syndrome was attacked | cleveland.com
Kazimer responded with: "You're lucky we didn't shoot him," then ordered Ortiz to "shut the f--- up."

That's what this country has come to. If the police brutalize your kid, just be grateful thats all they did to him.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
So... the copper and police hater agree... there might be hope for the world yet...but.. ramping up the violence... nope... haters are doing a good job all by themselves for that.... makes me wonder... what have you done to make the world better
I don't hate police, mister. I hate what police work is becoming--an increasingly militarized operation. War gear is flowing to police departments--while citizens' civil rights are eroding at breakneck speed. Live media coverage of blatant police brutality was controlled and limited to hand-picked journalists during the Occupy Wall Street movement. Non-media private citizens were also arrested for recording the vile police tactics at that same assembly. Why? Can you answer copper?

Last edited by TotallyTam; 04-03-2015 at 05:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events