Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:12 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
And take note that he/she has not yet responded to me.
So noted. However, this is much bigger than just her. Each and every person in the U.S. should be asking themselves "Why shouldn't I have the authority to make my own decision?," regardless of what issue that decision pertains to.

The frustrating thing about the MJ debate is that while it is a facet of the greater debate of personal liberty vs government intrusion, many MJ smokers have tunnel vision and don't seem to GAF about anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 05:33 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
BS. I'm fortunate that cancer doesn't really run in my family, even for lifelong smokers. But there are certain members of my family that IF they did get cancer, and IF I informed them that weed could cure them would A: Completely think I'm full of **** because they've been sold the drug war nonsense since they were kids, and B: Even if somehow I convinced them, would almost certainly refuse to use it because they pay too much deference to "authorities".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way stating categorically that weed can cure cancer. But I will say I've seen enough evidence to think that it might help, at the very least, and might in some cases actually cure/cause remission.
1. What evidence do you have that marijuana puts cancer into remission? Remember that there are 100s of different types of cancer.
2. To your earlier point, I was referring to the cancer patients that actually believed in the efficacy of marijuana. If members of your family don't believe, then of course they wouldn't use it. You can't control their belief regardless of anything put out by the government. Apparently, you still believe. See how that works?
3. There are already thousands of cancer patients who use marijuana for symptom abatement. However, that is not the same thing as a cure.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:44 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You seem pretty uptight tonight my friend and not really ready to discourse... perhaps a good break and some medicine...

Have a nice day

I choose not to jack this thread.. the OP can invite me if they want
The OP doesn't have to invite you. When they made the post that was an invitation to comment on it.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:30 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
There are already thousands of cancer patients who use marijuana for symptom abatement. However, that is not the same thing as a cure.
Exactly. This thread is not about symptom abatement from cancer.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I'm fortunate that cancer doesn't really run in my family, even for lifelong smokers.
FTR, a very small portion of cancers "run in the family." (e.g. a percentage of breast cancers, ovarian cancers and lung cancers.) Most are a result of cell mutation and have no direct cause.

Quote:
I will say I've seen enough evidence to think that it m might in some cases actually cure/cause remission.
There is no scientific evidence as of today that marijuana can lead to remission in a cancer patient.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I don't think you guys who are arguing so stridently against this realize just how accepted this is now in the medical world. When I worked for the largest hospital system in South Jersey a little over a year ago (I work in physical rehab) they invited spokespeople from a medical marijuana dispensary to come in and lecture to the doctors, nurses, therapists. They considered this to be continuing ed and keeping up with current practice, not a controversial topic up for debate. Not one person in the room when I attended the lecture had any of the fears for possible harm indicated by a few in this and other mj threads. In the medical world as a whole, there really doesn't exist the level of resistance to mj nor denial of its' relatively benign nature versus it's benefits that exists in the general public. I wonder why that is?

Old 04-12-2015, 11:07 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
Legal or illegal, it hasn't stopped states from legalizing recreational use, it hasn't stopped states from legalizing medical use, and it hasn't stopped states from decriminalizing it, and it sure as hell hasn't stopped anyone from smoking weed. If you can't stop it, control it, legalize and regulate.

And a message for you few lowly public servants in the room. You aren't politicians, no one voted for you, you are a public servant on the streets, so act your part and leave the policy making to the majority and politicians.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
And a message for you few lowly public servants in the room. You aren't politicians, no one voted for you, you are a public servant on the streets, so act your part and leave the policy making to the majority and politicians.
What does this have to do with anything on this thread?

Old 04-12-2015, 01:36 PM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
What does this have to do with anything on this thread?
I think it's meant for particular poster, who is a cop or at least identifies himself as one.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:50 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
Wow, too little too late. Some 40 years after Nixon's war on drugs and this is as far as we have come. I am so dissappointed in our government. They are a worse than a *****, they will do anything for a dollar so quickly. What a waste of time. We need to waste tax dollars on treatment like Portugal does, instead of making everyone a criminal for the private industrial prison complex. Insanity on a whole new level. Decriminalize all drugs and stop this madness. Do something right for once, federal government. Oh wait, never mind, that is expecting too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events