Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:56 AM

52,947 posts, read 34,785,895 times

Advertisements

Another judge that needs a new job.

Outrage! Judge hammers white victims of armed home invasion for racism, lets criminal go free - BizPac Review

"Outrage is growing over a Kentucky judge who let a home invader who robbed a family at gunpoint off with probation after openly criticizing the victims for letting their child be afraid of black men because of the crime.

Judge Olu Stevens of the Jefferson Circuit Court appeared even more offended by the victim impact statements offered by the family who was robbed than he was by the fact that a crime had been committed at all."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 10:10 AM

17,472 posts, read 15,617,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Outrage! Judge hammers white victims of armed home invasion for racism, lets criminal go free - BizPac Review

"Outrage is growing over a Kentucky judge who let a home invader who robbed a family at gunpoint off with probation after openly criticizing the victims for letting their child be afraid of black men because of the crime.

Judge Olu Stevens of the Jefferson Circuit Court appeared even more offended by the victim impact statements offered by the family who was robbed than he was by the fact that a crime had been committed at all."
The title of this thread is misleading. He didn't "free" the home invader.
While I agree that the sentence should have been MUCH more severe, the victims of the crime could have issued a much better statement than "this has affected our relationships with blacks."
My house was broken into by two white males last year, a month after Christmas. They stole my children's new TV and game console. Neither one of them ended up being scared of "whites." It's the parents' responsibility to teach children that there is good and evil within all races/cultures.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:13 AM

52,947 posts, read 34,785,895 times
probation means you get out of jail.

I thought everyone knew this

Old 04-14-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
probation means you get out of jail.

I thought everyone knew this
It doesn't mean "you get out of jail."
The criminal has likely been out of jail for quite some time. The sentencing process can take months to a year, during which the criminal can roam around town pretty much freely, without needing to be in jail for more than the few hours immediately following the arrest.

It's a ridiculous system that allows criminals to commit even MORE crime as they wait for the SA and judge to make decisions.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:17 AM

950 posts, read 927,724 times
Quote:

just another example of putting race first

Blacks sticking up for Blacks

Old 04-14-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
It doesn't mean "you get out of jail."
The criminal has likely been out of jail for quite some time. The sentencing process can take months to a year, during which the criminal can roam around town pretty much freely, without needing to be in jail for more than the few hours immediately following the arrest.

It's a ridiculous system that allows criminals to commit even MORE crime as they wait for the SA and judge to make decisions.

you are wrong !

You are confusing............"out on probation" with " out on bail "

"out on probation" means he is not going to jail but must periodically report in to a probation officer

His sentencing is over.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 AM

parole is after you serve prison time

probation is instead of going to prison

Old 04-14-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
you are wrong !

You are confusing............"out on probation" with " out on bail "

"out on probation" means he is not going to jail but must periodically report in to a probation officer

His sentencing is over.

How am I confusing the two? I know what they mean.
The fact that he was likely already out on bail for some time was bad enough.
Any criminal who is a violent threat to society should be denied bail.
Situations like this:
Man gets 4 life sentences in home invasion, Alex Zaldivar murder | Local News - WESH Home
would be avoided.

I'm not confusing either one. I'm saying he was already out of jail, and likely only a few hours following his arrest.
He was likely more of a threat while out on bail than he can be while on probation.

And with a good attorney, very seldom do first-time criminals get a prison sentence, unless extreme bodily harm is inflicted.
If he violates his probation in any kind of way (not reporting, DUI, weed possession, fighting, etc.) he receives an automatic prison sentence.)

Old 04-14-2015, 10:26 AM

6,807 posts, read 4,500,942 times
There was a time when whites protected whites. It was wrong do to that. We now live in a time when blacks protect blacks. It isn't racist to recognize and acknowledge the wrong of that too. Pretending this doesn't happen is ignorant blindness. The blind eagerly throw out the Race Card at those who can clearly see.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:26 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,587,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
The title of this thread is misleading. He didn't "free" the home invader.
While I agree that the sentence should have been MUCH more severe, the victims of the crime could have issued a much better statement than "this has affected our relationships with blacks."
My house was broken into by two white males last year, a month after Christmas. They stole my children's new TV and game console. Neither one of them ended up being scared of "whites." It's the parents' responsibility to teach children that there is good and evil within all races/cultures.

Of course he freed the man.

Robbery is not the same as a armed home invasion. You don't have to deal with some clowns holding a gun on you while robbing you. If your kids would have been subjected to this, you may be singing a different tune.

The Judge should be removed from his position. Clearly he is a racist, or he would not have been offended. He has no place in a position of Authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events