Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 11:23 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

I doubt we'll see much sympathy for them on this forum.

Muslim Family Seen Being Bullied on Viral Video Speaks Out, Plans to Press Charges - ABC News

Quote:
A Muslim family, who was captured on video being bullied by a passenger on a train from Sydney, Australia, has come forward and said they're working with police to identify the woman who allegedly harassed them, and they plan on pressing charges against the woman if she's found.

Cellphone video uploaded to Facebook Wednesday showed Hafeez Ahmed Bhatti, wife Khalida and their 3-month-year-old son being picked on by a woman in a red shirt sitting across from them. The video was uploaded by passenger Stacey Eden, who can be heard trying to stand up for Bhatti's family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVxjjPXqjgg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 03:05 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,004 times
The Muslim family did not seem to want any part of the loud argument, and showed admirable restraint and good manners.

I would have had a strong urge to do like the Anglo woman defending them, but I feel that it would have made a greater statement to simply come up alongside the Muslim woman and hold her hand (I am female).

Quietly standing -- or sitting -- shoulder to shoulder with someone who is getting bullied can make the greatest statement.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:23 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times
So that's all the 'abuse' that those Muslims faced and now they want to press charges?

Sorry if I don't feel any sympathy when they do this in western countries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRltLt8UHEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34TKUtbReS4

But hey saying a few words to these Muslims is much worse than all the terrorism, rape, murder, violence, unrest and crime Muslims have committed in western counties over the years I guess. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post
The Muslim family did not seem to want any part of the loud argument, and showed admirable restraint and good manners.

I would have had a strong urge to do like the Anglo woman defending them, but I feel that it would have made a greater statement to simply come up alongside the Muslim woman and hold her hand (I am female).

Quietly standing -- or sitting -- shoulder to shoulder with someone who is getting bullied can make the greatest statement.
I feel sad that you've been brainwashed to the extent that you would actually feel sympathy for Muslims after all the crap they've done to innocent people around the world in the name of their Moderator cut: ... religion ESPECIALLY since you're a woman.

Last edited by Marka; 04-24-2015 at 04:20 AM..

Old 04-22-2015, 05:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is the best you can come up with ?

A rude woman being put in her place by a louder, more assertive non-Muslim woman on a train in Australia ?

Maybe rude woman was irrationally upset by this news:

"SYDNEY — Five Australian teenagers were arrested Saturday on suspicion of plotting an Islamic State group-inspired terrorist attack at a national military observance ceremony that included targeting police officers, officials said."

Australia arrests 5 for alleged Islamic State-inspired terror plot - The Washington Post

Old 04-22-2015, 06:02 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Why would someone press charges over someone talking loud to them? Doesn't sound like there were any threats made.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Actually it’s you that is brainwashed. It's apparent by your rant, ignorance and lack of knowledge of the Muslim religion. If you even did a slight bit of objective research you would realize that the religion is far from "F***ed up." Now if you had said that some of the people that follow the religion are "F***ed up" I would have agreed with you. So please take your racist and extremely limited views of the world somewhere else. No one is impressed by your "immense skills" of being able to post YouTube videos.

I'm glad the woman stood up againest racism and that the couple showed great restraint in dealing with this belligerent lady. Hopefully she is found and dealt with accordingly.
Personally I think all religion is crap and is an anchor to the advancement of humankind, but it just so happens that Islam is the scum at the bottom of the religious barrel.

If you think Islam is so great, tell me exactly what has that religion and Muslims contributed to the world in the last century besides death, destruction, terrorism, torture, oppression, division and the pollution of minds?

Seriously if Islam was such a great religion then almost all their nations wouldn't be backwater, third world, violent and oppressive sh$tholes that people are constantly trying to escape from by the boatload to western countries. People were doing just fine before Islam came and then when it descended upon humankind, those people and regions that began to believe in it enmasse stopped developing and advancing and that's why western nations are so far ahead of every single Islamic craphole.

And also the very fact that you COMPLETELY IGNORED the videos I posted and the content within them is truly disturbing and saddening. Its people like YOU who continually look the other way is the reason why 1400 children and teens could be raped by Muslim men in the UK. And its people like YOU who continually excuse Muslim behavior is the reason why we went from not having to worry much about domestic Muslim terrorism 15-20 years ago to now having to waste huge amounts of money and resources to defend ourselves against this domestic and international threat.

And its funny how you're so eager to defend Muslims in our nations, but few if any Muslims would do the same to help you if you ever did something to offend them in their countries. Seriously I DARE YOU to go to an Islamic country in the Mideast or Africa and break a few of their rules and see if they would be as lenient towards you as we are towards them when they break our laws. Somehow I doubt you'd have the balls to do that because you know you'd be in deep sh$t if you did.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:38 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,966,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Personally I think all religion is crap and is an anchor to the advancement of humankind, but it just so happens that Islam is the scum at the bottom of the religious barrel.
Religion is not the anchor to the advancement of mankind. Mankind is the anchor against themselves. That's the point I was making in my first post. Its not that Islam is this amazing religion that trumps all others; its that many men just have it in their nature to corrupt any belief and commit great evil in the name of that "great belief." In the last few decades it just happens to be the religion of Islam that some men used to commit some of the most prominent acts of violence.

Man has done this all throughout history. Man has committed acts of brutality and evil in the name of religion, race, nationality, freedom, pride, clans, the fricking sun!!! etc. The list goes on and on. The fact that you think its religion that's bad tells me your knowledge on the subject is extremely limited. Its the nature of man that leads to evil in the name of a cause. If all religion was wiped out tomorrow, mankind would go out of its way to find a "belief" they are willing to commit evil over.

Quote:
If you think Islam is so great, tell me exactly what has that religion and Muslims contributed to the world in the last century besides death, destruction, terrorism, torture, oppression, division and the pollution of minds?
Again Islam "isn't so great." Look at any major religion and you will see that if people practiced that particular religion properly, the world would be a better place. The same goes for Atheist, there are good people that are Atheists that have no belief in a higher being.

The fact that you asked what Islam has done in just the last Century tells me your mindset. It's a short term mindset that fails to look at the whole picture. You can literally take the words you used to describe Muslims in the last century and apply it to almost ANY RELIGION or RACE. Because they have all committed violent, evil act's sometime in their history. For example, since we are talking about Muslims, if we asked a Muslim's in 1099 AD what they though of European Christians they would have used the exact same words from your quote above to describe Christians. Oh and they would add a couple more words like cannibals, mass murders of all people including ALL women, children and animals.

Does that mean that the religion of Christianity was an "evil religion" in 1099? Of course not. Its just that some men chose to commit acts of evil under the name of Christianity at that time. In terms of advancements, I'm not going to have a discussion of "only the last 100 years" because its silly to think only the last 100 years of advancement has relevance to mankind. If we go by that crazy "logic" you presented, then I guess Issac Newton is a pathetic "has been" scientist from a few hundred years ago who is no longer relevant. With that here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals

Basically, Muslims were responsible for all of Western civilization adopting the numbers 1-9. You know the same numbers we have used since that time that have played a part in every single mathematical equation and scientific invention that have come about since then. I could list many more but I think that's enough.

Quote:
Seriously if Islam was such a great religion then almost all their nations wouldn't be backwater, third world, violent and oppressive sh$tholes that people are constantly trying to escape from by the boatload to western countries. People were doing just fine before Islam came and then when it descended upon humankind, those people and regions that began to believe in it enmasse stopped developing and advancing and that's why western nations are so far ahead of every single Islamic craphole.
Ummm no just no. There is just so much information wrong here that I don't have the time or the will to correct it all with a long response. But just as an example of your lack of knowledge I bolded that one sentence so I can give you an example of some improvements Islam made:

Before Islam it was common practice for the Bedouin tribes of Arabia to bury alive any excess female child that was born to them. This was because female children were undesirable and that was their solution to the problem. Sometimes to be "kind" the father let the mother spend six years with their daughter before burying her alive. Great people huh?

Islam outlawed that practice. So unless you don't think that stopping the practice burying babies alive is not an improvement; there goes that amazing point you made. I could of couse, give many more examples.

Quote:
And also the very fact that you COMPLETELY IGNORED the videos I posted and the content within them is truly disturbing and saddening. Its people like YOU who continually look the other way is the reason why 1400 children and teens could be raped by Muslim men in the UK. And its people like YOU who continually excuse Muslim behavior is the reason why we went from not having to worry much about domestic Muslim terrorism 15-20 years ago to now having to waste huge amounts of money and resources to defend ourselves against this domestic and international threat.
Yes I did ignore those videos because you can find videos about people doing evil under ANY belief. Furthermore, your videos of isolated incidents do not represent the actions of the 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide. Or do you really think that rape and gang rape are crimes only exclusive to Muslim men??

Quote:
And its funny how you're so eager to defend Muslims in our nations, but few if any Muslims would do the same to help you if you ever did something to offend them in their countries. Seriously I DARE YOU to go to an Islamic country in the Mideast or Africa and break a few of their rules and see if they would be as lenient towards you as we are towards them when they break our laws. Somehow I doubt you'd have the balls to do that because you know you'd be in deep sh$t if you did.
Ok this part is just too silly and flawed to even deserve a response. I'm sure posters on CD with common sense know exactly what I'm talking about.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:22 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,861 times
So a racist yells at a family of racists. Wow

Old 04-22-2015, 09:30 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
The Muslims involved are pressing charges against the woman for...for what?! Not bowing down and being silent in their presence? Daring to show disapproval of their manner of dress? Daring to speak of the offense the dress brings to American women who still fight for equality and equal pay in America?

Bow down to Allah, American infidels!
This isn't something that's coming on the horizon. It's already here, and our own American citizens are shoving it down your throat as forcibly as the Islamic conquerors. Wake up!

Old 04-22-2015, 10:49 AM

828 posts, read 907,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
So a racist yells at a family of racists. Wow
And what has the family done to indicate they're racist?

Or, are you accusing them of racism because of the religion they practice? Because that would make you a, you know, bigot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events