Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:19 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

A former Auschwitz guard being tried on 300,000 counts of accessory to murder has testified that it was clear to him Jews were not expected to leave the camp in Nazi-occupied Poland alive. "I couldn't imagine that" happening, former SS Sgt. Oskar Groening told the Lueneburg state court today during the third day of his trial, the dpa news agency reported. Groening earlier described a veritable traffic jam of trains arriving at the Nazi death camp, reports the BBC.

Auschwitz trial: Oskar Groening recalls 'queue of trains' - BBC News

Old 04-23-2015, 12:06 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Mr. Groening at 93 is being prosecuted for being an accessory in the murder of 300,000 people sent to Auschwitz-Birkenau based upon the expanded interpretation of German criminal codes. That being said, Mr. Groening who does not admit guilt of directly killing prisoners he does feel that he is morally guilty and on that score there can be no argument. But Mr. Groening in his confessionals in the media and the courts is serving a more important objective than any German court could hope to serve. As a former guard, Groening's testimonies about the horror of the Nazi concentration camp should be the hammer on the nail to Holocaust deniers, and we should be thankful for his candor.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:22 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Mr. Groening at 93 is being prosecuted for being an accessory in the murder of 300,000 people sent to Auschwitz-Birkenau based upon the expanded interpretation of German criminal codes. That being said, Mr. Groening who does not admit guilt of directly killing prisoners he does feel that he is morally guilty and on that score there can be no argument. But Mr. Groening in his confessionals in the media and the courts is serving a more important objective than any German court could hope to serve. As a former guard, Groening's testimonies about the horror of the Nazi concentration camp should be the hammer on the nail to Holocaust deniers, and we should be thankful for his candor.
I can't wrap my head around this "holocaust denial" bit. I mean...how could anyone take that seriously? 6million people , rounded up and murdered, in dozens of ways. Mass graves, ovens plugged with human remains, and this was all ....faked? Spare me. And the Earth is really flat and gravity is just a phsycological force. The SS and Gestapo were just loyal soldiers, doing their duty in war and Hitler was misunderstood. Gimme a break! Who comes up with this septic spew?

Skinheads, neo Nazis, and a host of others, claiming to be AMERICAN patriots, and spitting on the graves of our war dead. Flying Nazi flags alongside the Stars and Stripes and yelling heil Hitler. Yep...pretty convincing bunch. And here things are, STILL trying SS guards in 2015. Wow...

Old 04-23-2015, 01:41 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
hammer on the nail to Holocaust deniers, and we should be thankful for his candor.
His candor ? the only thing he says in the article is that there were trains and he "thinks"
in one day 5,000 people were brought in. oh, and the creamatorium was small.
ok, and this means exactly what ?
The rest of the article is mere broadstroking by the writer. Concerning the woman who
was 10, yes, I wouldn't imagine they were happy about going to a labour camp.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
His candor ? the only thing he says in the article is that there were trains and he "thinks"
The rest of the article is mere broadstroking by the writer. Concerning the woman who
Labor camp? Lol...heard Auschwitz called a lot of things, but never just a "labor camp". That's like calling Bataan an exercise for a Boy Scout skill award in hiking.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:57 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

Did you miss the part about the selection process? One group going one way and one group going the other.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:17 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Apparently there are deniers here too. How sad.

It's just as bad as the Japanese right wingers who insist on worshipping their Class A war criminals in a shinto shrine. It's like buildling a temple for Hitler and his lieutenants and having people go in and bow to their plaques in warm remembrance.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:37 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Most "holocaust denial" isn't out of skepticism. It is just pure hatred and Anti-Semitism. We have proof of this happening. How much more is needed to show that the Holocaust took place?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Most "holocaust denial" isn't out of skepticism. It is just pure hatred and Anti-Semitism. We have proof of this happening. How much more is needed to show that the Holocaust took place?
Proof? Ummm...yea, I'd say so. That the denial thing is coming from pure hatred, anti Semitism, true though that is, I still can't get my cortex around it. Not that I'm giving Nazi types a whole lot of credit for higher brain function, but it still just amazes me how much lack of that function it takes to expect people to buy off on that. Coupled with the complete waste of time and energy it would take to sit around and sus out such an outlandish postulation, the amazement goes on and on.

I mean, as you said...isn't there a pretty huge...body of evidence (unintended pun) that paints a crystal picture of what the Nazis did? I fear, someday, we may have to fight another army of the varmints, fielding soldiers that are even more unquestioning and robotic than the SS was.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:11 AM

922 posts, read 806,788 times
All this is bs propaganda, oh look at the heroic US Army defeating the evil Nazis! This guy was just a guard, he was not part of the Nazi leadership, he just needed a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.