Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:04 PM

56 posts, read 62,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
Why does it matter what their race was?
It really doesn't matter; the race/ethnicity of the officers involved is irrelevant to any argument that the treatment of Freddie Gray was racially motivated.

But like another poster said, they just wanted to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 09:12 PM

56 posts, read 62,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
How is it possible that 3 black police officers can be at fault, but black drug-addicts who disobey police orders can't?

I'm just waiting for the "black community" to claim that the charges against the black police officers were racially motivated.
The actions of the officers and the suspect are mutually exclusive to a certain extent. This is not an either/or thing. We should be able to hold officers accountable for their actions while at the same time holding criminals accountable for theirs.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:19 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,345,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
How is it possible that 3 black police officers can be at fault, but black drug-addicts who disobey police orders can't?

I'm just waiting for the "black community" to claim that the charges against the black police officers were racially motivated.
This goes way way beyond black versus white..It's a negative Cultural thing..those folk who live in any community of the poor or under employed..have been harassed and constantly stopped and frisked or harassed to move of their stoops or worse..chased down and man handled....followup up by false claims for said arrests...This has been going on for decades..

Nothing new..and complaints fell on deaf ears throughout ..Baltimore has a sordid history of corruption for decades...But Badges/Uniforms always seemed to get the benefit of the doubt..... Things are different now..Advent of capability to Video those wrong doings makes it apparent..Many low-life falsify reports and documents to cover "Assets" of policy-man ..

Fast forward to today..Finally falsifying charging document which has been posted over and over again on the many Freddie/Baltimore threads...Far too many folk get stopped or arrested on OLD SCHOOL thinkings...Stop and Frisk. Broken Window's policy has to stop...It has been proven as wrong and NOT stopping HARD Crimes..Only causing disenfranchised to be harassed and arrested....

As..I said..since many of the LE department of Baltimore is Racially Diverse..It comes down to the Policy being promoted to continue with those OLD patterns....Get the little guy..harrass them..whatevers...Bottomline..Far too many get themselves DEAD or Harmed+++ due to such tactics...Race isn't the major problem..It's Policing Tactics and political cowardice thats the problem..More of the same won't fly any longer!!

I post this as a very WHITE Anglo-Saxon Person...Only someone who has observed such indecent treatment by LE and the Courts!!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:23 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,157,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The driver of the van, who is black, can be seen in at least one video, he goes to the back of the van and opens it. I'm not going to go hunt it down now, if I run across it I will post it but it shouldn't be hard for you to find.
You don't have to. My point is the available videos were shown on MSM, including that of the black van driver.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:30 PM

13,271 posts, read 7,684,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
Why does it matter what their race was?

Because if they are all White then the officers were not only way out of line they are undoubtedly racist and may have deliberately been targeting African-Americans. A big plus when justifying civil unrest.

On the other hand if the officers are Black then it`s a case of police brutality. Good enough reason to loot but not as home-free as if the officers were White.

Now, in this instance we`ve got a mixed bag. 3 Black and 3 White. And one is a Black female officer to boot.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited by john3232; 05-03-2015 at 12:31 AM..

Old 05-02-2015, 11:39 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,506,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Three are black.

What does it matter?

Another liberal narrative destroyed.

That's what does it matter.
so the three black people aren't police officers?

Old 05-02-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Surprise, surprise !!! 3 of the 6 WERE black ! How do you feel now, Mr. Obvious ?

Don
i keep seeing this sentiment. this idea that now that it has come out that 3 of the cops are black, protesters and #freddiegray supporters have egg on our face or don't care. The only color that matters is blue. Unfortunately, cops of all races use abuse and cruelty to maintain the evils systematic racism in this country. speaking for all the black people i have talked to about this, we all want to see justice served. if a black cop killed him, then a black cop needs to go to jail.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Looks like 3 so-called white and 3 so-called black. In reality they are just 6 Americans, but some people feel race is important? Strange. Go to any other country and there are just nationalities, not a subdivision of race. Both sides love to keep it alive I guess. Goodness, "African American"?????? What, their great, great, great, grandmother was from Africa? lol What a joke.
you need to travel more. america is far from being the only country with racial and ethnic divisions. don't be silly

Old 05-03-2015, 06:26 AM

54 posts, read 64,678 times
Sounds like bs to me.

These rioters should have been dealt with and not allowed to destroy property and businesses. But police were told to stand down. Now the city has no tourism left. Looks like they screwed themselves by letting the animals run free. Baltimore will sink. Congratulations, mayor.

It's not about race. It's a war on police. It's being made to look like police kill black people all the time, every single day. It is a crock. Nobody cares about black people getting shot, or whatever. It happens in Chicago (or Baltimore) every single day - black people get killed. I don't see any protests or marching or looting for that. Seems hypocritical if you ask me. "Black Lives Matter" only when the police (presumably) have some role in the course of events. "Black Lives Don't Matter" if the police can't be connected to the death.

It happens rarely that we get a bad cop and it is not the norm. The riots in St. Louis where the "unarmed black teen" attacked the cop and then the cop defended himself are proof that this is propeganda, designed to destroy our local police departments. "All Lives Matter."

Old 05-03-2015, 06:32 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,381,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

I post this as a very WHITE Anglo-Saxon Person...Only someone who has observed such indecent treatment by LE and the Courts!!
Did you observe this in Canada or the USA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events