Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 02:42 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,449,194 times

Advertisements

Murder suspect has now been arrested.

Photos of Caesar Goodman being handcuffed and arrested by other policemen.

Cop charged with murder of Freddie Gray told family he begged arresting officers to restrain dead man, was only following protocol and now fears his wife and children will be attacked | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 02:48 PM

10,084 posts, read 15,793,637 times
He can tell his family everything he wants, doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong.

It also does not matter that he is black. What is most important is that he is blue. It's well documented that minority officers are just as bad as white officers. A crooked cop's a crooked cop.

As Charlie would say - "you're all crooked!"

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enh...4592549-21.gif

Old 05-01-2015, 03:31 PM

1,077 posts, read 866,298 times
A look at the 6 officers charged in Freddie Gray's death

Six officers are charged in Freddie Gray's death from injuries he suffered while in police custody. State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby says the officers repeatedly failed to get Gray medical treatment after his arrest. The police officers union has said they are not responsible for Gray's death.
Here is a look at each of the six officers.
___
OFFICER CAESAR GOODSON
Goodson was the driver of the van that transported Freddie Gray, and he faces the most serious charges. Mosby said Friday that Goodson repeatedly failed — a total of five times — to seatbelt Gray in the transport vehicle. Overall, Goodson faces six charges, including "second-degree depraved heart murder," which carries a potential 30-year sentence.

Goodson, 45, has been on the force since 1999. Friends describe him as a family man who likes to watch football and works part time as an auto mechanic at a shop specializing in Saabs. With help, he restored a green Saab convertible, a car one friend says he only takes out a few times a year. He wasn't scheduled to work on the day Gray was arrested but had been asked to work overtime, friends said.
A friend who worked with him as a mechanic said Goodson had hoped to retire in several years.

LT. BRIAN RICE
Rice was on bike patrol when he made eye contact with Freddie Gray on a Baltimore street April 12. Gray ran, and Rice pursued him. Bike patrol officers Garrett Miller and Edward Nero joined the pursuit.
Rice, 41, is the most senior officer to be charged. He joined the police force in 1997 and was promoted to lieutenant in 2011, police said. Records obtained by The Associated Press from a sheriff's department and court show he was hospitalized in April 2012 following concerns about his mental health. Worries about his stability led deputies to confiscate both his official and personal guns, and his commanding officer was called. It was not immediately clear whether or when all of Rice's guns were returned.

more
A look at the 6 officers charged in Freddie Gray's death

Old 05-01-2015, 03:41 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,433,604 times
Does anyone know why Marilyn Mosby, Baltimore State's Attorney, didn't file charges BEFORE Baltimore was burned and looted? She's trying to come across as Hero of the Day,,, and I'm not saying she isn't,,, I'm just wondering where she was before the rioting? I can't keep up with all the information coming out, so I'd appreciate it if someone else can shed a little light on this.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM

7,575 posts, read 5,293,251 times
If by some odd chance the Daily Mail is correct, looks to me like at least one officer is going to put a hold in the Blue Wall of silence, and turn as a state's witness.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:44 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,978,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I can't keep up with all the information coming out, so I'd appreciate it if someone else can shed a little light on this.
Here you go:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....1.zz9ojNNtZts

You're welcome.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:44 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,449,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Black. What is most important is that he is blue. It's well documented that minority officers are just as bad as white officers. A crooked cop's a crooked cop.
It has everything to do with race as this entire situation, riots, etc etc etc is being framed as yet another Black man killed by police. So it's important to know the race of all the parties involved.

If it wasn't for that fact, nobody would have every heard of Freddie Gray.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:45 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,978,709 times
It was a black man killed by the police. Why does the race of one police officer matter? This was S.O.P. in Baltimore for years.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:08 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,510,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
He can tell his family everything he wants, doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong.

It also does not matter that he is black. What is most important is that he is blue. It's well documented that minority officers are just as bad as white officers. A crooked cop's a crooked cop.

As Charlie would say - "you're all crooked!"

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enh...4592549-21.gif
exactly. they are all blue. as a black woman, i don't think i would have made it as a cop. the first time my non black coworkers did something dirty, i would be the first one to snitch. i'd rather be an outcast than a scapegoat. i'm not saying this Goodson guy isn't guilty, but I have a feeling he's going to be the hardest hit when the smoke clears. but who cares. black, white, red, or brown, dirty cops need to be taken down.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,246,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
If by some odd chance the Daily Mail is correct, looks to me like at least one officer is going to put a hold in the Blue Wall of silence, and turn as a state's witness.
I think you're right. The driver, who, coincidentally is the only Black man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events