Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 04:20 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
One problem, not all of the victims I used were black. So I ask again, why were there no riots over those people?

Here's where I'm going with this line of thought, I fully believe we're coming very close if not already in a police state where the ends justify the means.

Forfeiture of property charge or not,warrantless searches, no knock warrants,tech that can see inside houses without the knowledge of those inside and finally the militarization of our local P.D.'s etc. etc. etc.

Why is it time after time only one group riots and burns down their own neighborhood over the death of a "questionable" person instead of a mere baby,father,daughter,husband who've done not one damn thing wrong?

I'm at a loss as to the answer.

It may just be me but I would think that the situations I list and the hundreds more I haven't would be something to protest over and yet...
You list them but did not include any links to any articles. You are a part of the problem. You immediately brought in race which obscured the point you were trying to make. You question why people are upset about events they were not aware of. People are rioting because of the spot light brought to these events. I garuntee that if the major networks started consistently reporting on innocent victims being harmed in swat raids, particularly raids based on faulty information, people would start to become outraged. The outrage blowing up over these more recent killings has been building ever since trayvon martin. That was years ago. It took time and a lot of work from both the law enforcement community and the media to build us up to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 04:35 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I agree with what you've said <bold> my contention is that we ought to wait for the cops to be at least convicted in a court before convicting/sentencing them (on here).

The other thing is there are many,many more police actions that are more egregious to protest over than Freddie's death, not that I mean his death is insignificant by any means but if compared to a baby,child,totally innocent person just sleeping in their house... Well, you get the idea.
What did Freddie do that doesn't make him a totally innocent person?

Old 05-24-2015, 06:35 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Let the system work and you will see, the good guys will win, the bad guy will still be dead, and that's a good thing...

So your saying the "good Guys" are the ones who killed a man for doing nothing, and the "Bad Guy" is the victim who is dead for doing nothing?

No wonder we have such a loss of morality and people who don't know wrong from right or even care.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The cops are at fault, but I don't have an opinion yet on whether they committed a Crime. There's a difference between fault and Crime, though that is both too subtle for you to grasp or care about.

A big 'so what' to you never seeing a switchblade that clips to a pocket. Some are made so that many types of clips can attach to the knife and the pocket or for specific switchblades.
So your saying that its the Cops "fault" the man is dead, but it wasn't a "Crime" to kill him for no reason? Makes sense to you? That's funny.

Bull crap. Show me one that has a pocket clip... Do you even know what one looks like?

Old 05-24-2015, 06:43 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
Police are a curious bunch of folks. There is little question as to what my fate would be, if I violently abducted a man off the streets and he died before I had released him. Collect a paycheck funded by coercive taxes, slap on a badge, and magically this behavior earns you a paid vacation instead of a lengthy prison sentence.

There is a predatory gang of criminals at large who rob, assault, kidnap, and murder with impunity. The police, and the institution they stand for are the enemy, and they will not stop victimizing Americans until doing so becomes so dangerous that they find more productive ways of sustaining themselves.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:55 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
So your saying that its the Cops "fault" the man is dead, but it wasn't a "Crime" to kill him for no reason? Makes sense to you? That's funny.

Bull crap. Show me one that has a pocket clip... Do you even know what one looks like?
I was right, you don't grasp that not all actions by someone 'at fault' is a crime. Oh well, when the trials start you'll have time to figure it out.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I was right, you don't grasp that not all actions by someone 'at fault' is a crime. Oh well, when the trials start you'll have time to figure it out.
No, I don't "Grasp" the idea of abducting a man off the street for nothing, and killing him, is not a crime. Your right. Evidently a Grand Jury, and the Prosecutors Office doesn't "Grasp" that either. Once, we agree on something.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:43 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Police are a curious bunch of folks. There is little question as to what my fate would be, if I violently abducted a man off the streets and he died before I had released him. Collect a paycheck funded by coercive taxes, slap on a badge, and magically this behavior earns you a paid vacation instead of a lengthy prison sentence.

There is a predatory gang of criminals at large who rob, assault, kidnap, and murder with impunity. The police, and the institution they stand for are the enemy, and they will not stop victimizing Americans until doing so becomes so dangerous that they find more productive ways of sustaining themselves.
You mean like some Vietnam vets... who kidnapped and tortured Cong... dropped napalm on innocent civilians .. lied about it.. got paid ..went on r and r.. retired and tell everyone their dd214 is honorable ... that kind of activity?

Blinded by hate colors the world.... completely

Old 05-24-2015, 07:59 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
No, I don't "Grasp" the idea of abducting a man off the street for nothing, and killing him, is not a crime. Your right. Evidently a Grand Jury, and the Prosecutors Office doesn't "Grasp" that either. Once, we agree on something.
What do we agree on ? You think a prosecutor's indictment is proof of guilt; I don't. So no, I don't think we agree.

When Mosby offers you as her expert on switchblades --- 'I've never personally seen a pocket clip for a switchblade ' --- she doesn't open the door to questions about fault, negligence, reckless, wilful, or other little words that determine whether an act is a crime, and if it is, which specific crime.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
What do we agree on ? You think a prosecutor's indictment is proof of guilt; I don't. So no, I don't think we agree.

Do you read much?

You said: "I was right, you don't grasp that not all actions by someone 'at fault' is a crime."

I agreed with you!

I said: "No, I don't "Grasp" the idea of abducting a man off the street for nothing, and killing him, is not a crime. "

Which part of that did you miss?

Maybe instead of just jumping in and attacking anything one says, you should try reading it first and understand what your answering to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events