Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 09:30 PM

2,953 posts, read 987,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
Guns are prohibited in places of worship.
It's not a place of worship. It's owned by the Garland School district.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s
Don't believe the hype.
It's not hype. Texans are generally polite and civil but we don't have a cultural tradition of taking any crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 09:30 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,442,266 times
Dont Mess with Texas is the moral of the story. Two stupid cats got killed over non sense because they were incredibly stupid to go to that convention in the first place.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:09 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Woodrow, I have read your word in numerous posts, your strong defense of Islam, and, sorry, but I must finally call you out, not as a personal attack, but to challenge your statements.

Woodrow, your comment about the burial and mistreatment of bodies of enemies is so off reality it hurts. Did you see the pictures of hundreds of Christians burned in churches by Muslims and left to smolder? Christians beheaded and left to rot? Christians crucified and left to hang and rot in the sun? Where were the Muslims caring for the bodies of their enemies? Enemies? These were shop keepers, workers, just people going about their lives killed for their unbelief.

You have repeatedly said Islam is a religion of peace.

Did you see the innocent children killed by Muslims in Nigeria, Syria who were Christian? Did you see the influential Imans calling for the death of all Christians, all Jews? Did you hear Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakand calling for his followers to rise up and kill all whites and Jews?

You may individually believe What you post. But until Islam rises up and marches in the streets calling for peace instead of calling for "death to (insert group here)" your assertions have no merit. Sorry, just the truth.

And in this instance, you had a meeting showing that people can have free speech, even that which may be inflammatory. Christians did not burn down the gallery where the crucifix in a jar of urine was exhibited. Did they protest? Yes, peacefully. Had these two brought signs to the meeting instead of guns, not an issue. When Muslims had their meeting in Garland, protestors were there with signs, protesting peacefully. They did not attempt to shoot the participants.

Yes, there are peaceful Muslims. But they are NOT being heard. And the only, I repeat ONLY reason I can think is that they tacitly endorse what is being said, merging mainstream Islam with Radical Islam in unity with each other.

If I have offended you, sorry, but in your posts you have ignored what is going on in the world in your defense of Islam. If you truly believe that what you espouse is true, then you really need to remove the blinders and look at what is happening. To understand a religion, one must look at a religion fully, warts and all. As an example, I was raised Baptist. I am a Christian, but no longer Baptist. I just don't go along with its canon and practices. You need to get out of your 'silo' and look at the religion and see how it is being practiced, and that includes all of what Islam teaches.

However, the Holy Book teaches that it is acceptable to lie to the infidel. I truly hope this is not where you are coming from.
working backward.TheQur'an forbids us to lie and commands us to keep our word with all people.

Yes I am aware there are very many Muslims committing atrocites but they are not getting them from the Qur'an I read (I do read it in Arabic). I do not see them getting justification in the madhab I follow or in the fiqh ul-Sunnah I read.

But then again the only Muslims I know are those that tend to think as I do. Most of the Muslims I personally Know are in Austin TX, Garland Texas and Tyler Texas. I have not met one who ever even expressed a justification for terrorism.

You live in Texas, Home to Nearly half a Million Muslims. How many times have yoe heard of a Muslim in Texas committing an act of violence. The 2 gunmen where from Phoenix and had no ties to Texas.
As for Peaceful Muslims not being heard. I do not know how we can get any louder

Muslims and Islam

Reza Aslan: Muslims Are Condemning Terrorism, Critics Just Aren’t Listening | Mediaite

Why Muslims Hate Terrorism More - The Daily Beast

Muslim Leaders Have Roundly Denounced Islamic State, But Conservative Media Won't Tell You That | Research | Media Matters for America

Islamic Statements Against Terrorism – Charles Kurzman

The American Muslim (TAM)

Why don’t more moderate Muslims denounce extremism? - The Washington Post

U.S. Muslim Religious Council Issues Fatwa Against Terrorism | Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)

Old 05-04-2015, 11:03 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,344,863 times
I'd like to give that cop a Dirty Harry award. Taking out those two semi-auto rifle wielding thugs with his service pistol. Well done sir!

Old 05-04-2015, 11:19 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,521,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
What does this nonsense have to do with the topic at hand?????????
The event was hosted by the American Freedom Defense Initiative. It's headed by, Pam Geller a wealthy pro-israel jew with non-israeli origins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And I guess if you're stupid enough (and inept enough) to get yourself killed by a Garland police officer (while you're holding an AK 47 in your hands) while you're committing a hate crime, I guess that's your problem too.
yes, yes it is, I have never said to the contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Were you born in America? Did you graduate from high school? If so then how is it you didn't learn a damn thing about our constitution and laws?

If you weren't born here and are just gravy-training our prosperity while holding onto those sorts of third world ideas then you should be shown the door.
Yes, I was born and raised in America. Yes, I graduated from high school in America. I am a proud white man of Nordic descent. Not only that I served proudly in the US military for 12 years. 2 tours in the desert.

Did you graduate? Your reading comprehension needs work.

At no time have I ever said that freedom of speech should not be protected or exercised. I have only stated that if you antagonize someone (especially as fanatical as a hajis), you could get killed. There is nothing to read into.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:20 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,142,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
Guns are prohibited in places of worship.

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
This event was held at an art gallery, not "on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship."

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 46.035 : Texas Statutes - Section 46.035: UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER

Old 05-04-2015, 11:24 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,142,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
We might not be setting any records in the high jump but shall we tally up Jewish Nobel prize winners vs Muslim? Enough said.
Checkmate.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:44 PM

387 posts, read 587,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Well then it's a good thing the dept of Homeland Security just bordered a billion rounds.

Double tap.
one billion rounds of ammo, riot gear, pepper-ball launchers. you are a fool to think that this is a good thing.

Homeland Security Refutes Conspiracies About 1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo, Pepper Ball Gun And Riot Gear Purchases

Old 05-05-2015, 12:00 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,450,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
This event was held at an art gallery, not "on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship."

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 46.035 : Texas Statutes - Section 46.035: UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER
It's not an art gallery. It's a building owned by Garland ISD. Thank God for that officer (a traffic cop!), this could have been much worse.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:03 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,196,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Freedom of speech is one thing. Antagonistic slander is another.

I can go to a new black panther rally and yell the N word at the top of my lungs, but expecting to come out unharmed.... not guaranteed.

This is not a freedom of speech issue.. it's islamophobia perpetrated by militant racist European and American secular Jews and anti-islamic Christians.

There are 660 million muslims and they all would defend the prophet to the death.

I'm not saying I love Islam. I DO NOT. What I'm saying is: "mess with bull you get the horns" regardless of freedom of speech. If that bull happens to be a 660 ton brain damaged indoctrinated psychotic raging killer that will do anything to defend its honor... well... you may not want to ride it.
The organizers had to know there would be a violent reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events