Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 07:51 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Freedom of speech is one thing. Antagonistic slander is another.

I can go to a new black panther rally and yell the N word at the top of my lungs, but expecting to come out unharmed.... not guaranteed.

This is not a freedom of speech issue.. it's islamophobia perpetrated by militant racist European and American secular Jews and anti-islamic Christians.

There are 660 million muslims and they all would defend the prophet to the death.

I'm not saying I love Islam. I DO NOT. What I'm saying is: "mess with bull you get the horns" regardless of freedom of speech. If that bull happens to be a 660 ton brain damaged indoctrinated psychotic raging killer that will do anything to defend its honor... well... you may not want to ride it.

Wow at this... Once they take over, I suppose it will be their freedom of speech to stone your wife for doing out without her husband? Or to hang/kill men for being gay.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 08:03 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Freedom of speech is one thing. Antagonistic slander is another.

I can go to a new black panther rally and yell the N word at the top of my lungs, but expecting to come out unharmed.... not guaranteed.

This is not a freedom of speech issue.. it's islamophobia perpetrated by militant racist European and American secular Jews and anti-islamic Christians.

There are 660 million muslims and they all would defend the prophet to the death.

I'm not saying I love Islam. I DO NOT. What I'm saying is: "mess with bull you get the horns" regardless of freedom of speech. If that bull happens to be a 660 ton brain damaged indoctrinated psychotic raging killer that will do anything to defend its honor... well... you may not want to ride it.
it didn't work out too well for the 'bull' this time i reckon

Old 05-04-2015, 08:15 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
Some things to look at
Garland has one of the largest if not larges tMuslim populations in Texas.
The Cartoon contest was announced
There were no protests planned, Garland Muslims urged all in the area to ignore the contest
At the moment it seems the gunmen were from Phoenix

A couple reports

FBI searching Phoenix home of suspected Garland gunmen

Two killed at Mohammed cartoon event in Garland, Texas - CNN.com

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 05-04-2015 at 08:25 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 08:22 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,402,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
GARLAND, Texas — At least two people were shot Sunday afternoon in the parking lot outside the Curtis Culwell Center, where the American Freedom Defense Initiative was hosting its inaugural Muhammad Cartoon Exhibit and $10,000 Cartoon Contest.

At least 2 shot outside Muhammad cartoon exhibit

Unconfirmed reports state they had explosives on them as well as automatic weapons. Some reports state that they were "middle eastern" men. Evidently an officer was wounded as well, and a Walmart down the street was evacuated as there was a report of someone with a hand grenade was inside.
Little hard news to go on as of yet...
Those folks must not have been out from under their rock yet, or they would have heard about the Paris incident. Stupid idiots.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:23 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Andy,

" There are 660 million muslims and they all would defend the
prophet to the death."

Then why have 300 ancient Islamic sites associated with the prophet been destroyed in Mecca and Medina?

Why are the prophets remains to be moved to an unmarked grave?

Muslims are defending the right to own mega-yachts named Titz with tenders Nipple 1 and Nipple 2.

They just really never stop and realize how they are manipulated and that Islam is now a tool to control the people that object to Muslim government leaders.

Look in Malaysia. You can be arrested with no trial for simply saying an official did x, y and z. Even if you prove official did x y z.

Would you believe money to start raising more beef cattle went to buy a posh Singapore condo? Google cowgate.
Got your numbers wrong there are a few more of us than 660 million, more like 1,660,000,000

Quote:
There are an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims around the world, making Islam the world’s second-largest religious tradition after Christianity, according to the December 2012 Global Religious Landscape report from the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.
World

The vast majority of us are peaceful and do live in peace with our non-Muslim neighbors.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it didn't work out too well for the 'bull' this time i reckon
Right.

"We drove all the way to Texas from Arizona to get shot."

Old 05-04-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Those folks must not have been out from under their rock yet, or they would have heard about the Paris incident. Stupid idiots.
Can you be more specific? Who do you consider to be the stupid idiots in this situation?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:25 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Sadly they resided in Phoenix, 19th and Thunderbird to be exact.
Our local news just had an interview on with one of their neighbors who said "the brothers were nice and were always talking about being muslim, and could go on for hours on how great it was almost like they were trying to convert people".
The FBI is on the way to search and sift through everything in the brothers apartment. It will be interesting to see what they find...

Old 05-04-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Sadly they resided in Phoenix, 19th and Thunderbird to be exact.
Our local news just had an interview on with one of their neighbors who said "the brothers were nice and were always talking about being muslim, and could go on for hours on how great it was almost like they were trying to convert people".
The FBI is on the way to search and sift through everything in the brothers apartment. It will be interesting to see what they find...
Well, Elton Simpson, aka Abu Hussain Al Britani, was already the subject of a previous terror investigation by the FBI.

But wait - there's more!

Elton Simpson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Old 05-04-2015, 08:29 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,502,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right.

"We drove all the way to Texas from Arizona to get shot."

This is silly, but seems apropos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events