Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 09:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People keep quoting me and bringing up medical benefits, which I have said on at least three occasions are fine with me, as long as you acknowledge that many who claim medical use are in reality recreational users.

I am just not convinced that in the long run the benefits of recreational use will outweigh the risk of creating more people like Kayla Mendoza and entire generations of recreational users down the road. We shall see how it plays out over the next few years. You may downplay the additive effect of marijuana on alcohol if you wish. That will not make it go away.

Worldwide:

Legality of cannabis by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Netherlands and Belgium have tightened their marijuana regulations. Perhaps the experiences there bear watching. In Belgium it was public smoking that brought about the revisions.

End of tolerance to cannabis in Belgium? Not really... - Encod.org
It was illegal for her to drink alcohol, that did not stop her.
It was illegal for her to smoke MJ, that did not stop her.
It was illegal for her to drive while intoxicated, whether it was alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescriptions drugs, that did not stop her.

Yet for some reason, you are convinced that keeping MJ illegal somehow keeps people from using it, and committing illegal acts with it? And you think those that are responsible should be restricted due to others abusing it, but this concept does not apply to alcohol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 10:53 PM

16,549 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Always the few bad apples allow for the stormtroopers to stomp their oppressive natures into the rest of us through the process of law. Whatever. I have stood unashamed in the dock and claimed no guilt for growing MJ for personal use. I know many who use both MJ and L K hole and are no more dangerous to society than Mary Poppins. Far, far , far less dangerous than lacky stormtroopers in the guise of law enforcers and their wealthy law writing masters.

But whatever. i do what i do and the evidence is that I don;t need your laws to tell me how to behave correctly.
I was about to say if you want to do your own thing, either leave the society that does not agree with you, or form your own society somewhere in the world. However I see that you are in New Zealand, and I have no idea what the dope laws are there.
So if you are legally allowed to smoke dope there fine, they accept the ills that it brings to their society. If they don't, you either conform or live outside the laws. If you choose to live outside the laws, don't complain when you suffer the consequences.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:01 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I was about to say if you want to do your own thing, either leave the society that does not agree with you, or form your own society somewhere in the world. However I see that you are in New Zealand, and I have no idea what the dope laws are there.
So if you are legally allowed to smoke dope there fine, they accept the ills that it brings to their society. If they don't, you either conform or live outside the laws. If you choose to live outside the laws, don't complain when you suffer the consequences.
oh my..how pious you are. Medical marijuana is legal in 23 states plus DC. In a recent Pew Poll 53% of those polled support legalizing marijuana. So I'm sorry to tell you but I would guess that within a few years most states will be "accepting all the ills that it brings to their society"

Old 05-06-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
oh my..how pious you are. Medical marijuana is legal in 23 states plus DC. In a recent Pew Poll 53% of those polled support legalizing marijuana. So I'm sorry to tell you but I would guess that within a few years most states will be "accepting all the ills that it brings to their society"
First of all, medical pot is different than being a dope head for pleasure. Secondly, I would support medical pot (I currently don't) if they had a way to get it to ONLY the people who genuinely need it. So the very limited severe medical conditions like Glaucoma, cancer patients doing chemo, seizures, and maybe one or two other things. The trouble is that dope heads with the aid of a complicit MD's get it for all sorts of absurd garbage. We all know it is being abused, but the selfish dopers don't realize they hurt the cause of medical pot for their own personal gratification.

Just because you do not recognize the ills of dope does not mean it does not exist. So scoff all you want, but if you were an honest person, you would do research(on non pro pot websites) to see pot is not anywhere near as harmless as the advocates would have you believe.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:27 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
First of all, medical pot is different than being a dope head for pleasure. Secondly, I would support medical pot (I currently don't) if they had a way to get it to ONLY the people who genuinely need it. So the very limited severe medical conditions like Glaucoma, cancer patients doing chemo, seizures, and maybe one or two other things. The trouble is that dope heads with the aid of a complicit MD's get it for all sorts of absurd garbage. We all know it is being abused, but the selfish dopers don't realize they hurt the cause of medical pot for their own personal gratification.

Just because you do not recognize the ills of dope does not mean it does not exist. So scoff all you want, but if you were an honest person, you would do research(on non pro pot websites) to see pot is not anywhere near as harmless as the advocates would have you believe.
about 80% of the people I know who have MM cards are recreational users who don't want to buy their weed in the black market. It's not hard to get a card, it's actually quite easy. And it's not a dangerous drug so get over it, it's not addicting it is not a 'gateway drug' (actually if anything is, it would be alcohol) and people who smoke marijuana do not get high and got out and commit crimes, they raid the fridge and watch crappy movies on netflix.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:38 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
If you're going to argue for the prohibition of cannabis based on stories like the one in this thread, be consistent and argue for the prohibition of alcohol as well based on stories like the one in this thread. Is that too hard for you to wrap your head around? No? Then let's hear your argument for the prohibition of alcohol, based on the story in this thread.
I'm not arguing for prohibition of cannabis or alcohol. Neither should be illegal.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:39 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,326 times
Quote:

Marijuana can relieve symptoms of hundreds of conditions, not just a few. I use it for insomnia and anxiety, both of which have caused me pretty serious problems throughout my life and both of which would otherwise require prescription medicines that I don't respond well to. Sleep medications don't give me restful sleep and make me sleepwalk and occasionally eat in my sleep. Anxiety medications make me feel strange and amped up. Marijuana relieves both without any negative side effects. I don't drive when I'm high and I don't drink at all so there's no risk of me being too intoxicated to know I'm too intoxicated to drive.
The dangers of marijuana are grossly exaggerated and the benefits are absurdly downplayed.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:54 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Why do you say this? How do we push for decriminalization if we use without appearing that we are just concerned about our ability to consume it without arrest? Really, what on earth do you mean by this and what are you implying about this cause?

1. You show people that legalization is not the goal, but an means to an achieve a greater end: argue that cannabis prohibition is just one of many government intrusions into people's private lives.

2. Encourage pro-pot marchers / protestors to consider their appearance and actions when marching and/or protesting. The following are examples of appearances and actions to avoid:

http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dyn...y=80&size=420x
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/1st%20pic.jpg

http://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1...._960/image.jpg

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/11129360_BG3.jpg

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscm...b773e79298.jpg

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011...1-s400-c85.jpg

http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscm...f3cbc111b5.jpg

https://timewellness.files.wordpress...pped.jpg?w=307

Old 05-06-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
about 80% of the people I know who have MM cards are recreational users who don't want to buy their weed in the black market. It's not hard to get a card, it's actually quite easy. And it's not a dangerous drug so get over it, it's not addicting it is not a 'gateway drug' (actually if anything is, it would be alcohol) and people who smoke marijuana do not get high and got out and commit crimes, they raid the fridge and watch crappy movies on netflix.
This post shows both your ignorance on the subject and proves my point. It does not matter why the dopers abuse the system, though I am not sure your %'s are correct. Regardless they help to keep other places from getting medical pot because of their abuses of the system.

You show your ignorance not because we differ in our view about pot being a gateway drug, but instead because you took no time to retort with ill informed stereotypes of the innocent doper who only has the munchies.
You are either blissfully ignorant of the ills of dope, or you don't care. Pot effects different people differently, and some become violent (despite the Hollywood notion of harmless piles of goo)others get high and drive, others turn to crime because they can't hold a job & have no ambition other than to get high, and the list goes on.
Heck this thread is about one such example of the aforementioned. Regardless, the biggest issue you leave out are all the people who are harmed as a result of the pot dealers getting people hooked and the countless lives ruined. Additionally buy purchasing dope, other people die as a result. But that seems to matter little to the dopers who's self interests are all that matter to them.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:11 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Wow..another twelve hours and you are still going at it...

We already have sufficient intoxicants in our world,,,
She was addicted to marijuana if you believe her writings and social media posts.. addiction can mean abuse in the classic sense of the concept

I just love it when the potoholics try to assert things that arent true.. MJ isnt a narcotic.. it makes then do things better..live better.. work better drive better.. add any descriptor you like

My days are filled with dealing with dopers and doper behavior.. not every marijuana user is a doper.. I believe that most arent... but the ones I see and deal with are.

Please proponents...do tell all of us

Does marijuana make you operate a vehicle better ?.... gee.. lets think about this ,,, NO,,,,

Does the synergistic effect of alcohol and thc make you less stoned... again.... uh,,,NO

Is marijuana good for our world... making people more productive.... wow... Nope...

What is coming down the pike is the drumbeat by proponents of "its my drug and its my right" garbage... all that is creating is the youth thinking marijuana is somehow an acceptable way to live and recreate ( this is evidenced by any study of youth attitudes and marijuana that you like to look at)... we are literally building a future of dummies

Ok.. proponents.. does Marijuana use negatively affect the brain of young adults under 25... well golly gee folks.. yep

Proponents want it medically then they want it recreational then they want it as a free for all.. they want to use and abuse it and want free welfare and health care and be leeches upon the rest of us.. they want to grow it and pollute our lands with abandon (which I get to experience almost daily in my county). Will they all do this.. no.. but will they support the above.. yes.. by default.

There is little good that can come of more recreational drugs in the world in wholesale fashion.

I work tirelessly to stop all abuses of drugs and alcohol. I do this by education.. mentoring... and enforcement
I dont shake my finger and not walk the walk... no alcohol.. to prescription meds I dont even use otcs... I want to experience every second I possibly can on this earth as healthfully as I can... not in stoned out zombieland

Sure you can get your mellow high on... with thc approaching 35 percent for hi-grade MJ,,, one puff will buzz you... add in vaping ..honey oil and all the other ways humans create to accentuate their high to be higher and thats what its all about,, being stoned.. alcohol,, another toxic poison... will not make you high in moderation (one drink per hour)... there is moderation in MJ use as well.. I get that,,, but the end result is that you are stoned.

Every proponent should be fully behind roadside testing and strict enforcement for DWD-DUI

Work tomorrow.. no dope today... hope springs eternal.... grow season just ramping up,,, hot,, dry and drought.. the MJ cowboys are busy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events