Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 10:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

I give up, if you can't understand the difference between the psychoactive effects of marijuana which lasts what? 3 hours? and the presence of THC in your blood that could still be there for 2 weeks, then I can't help you. And I used valium for an example because I foolishly thought that it might provide you with an example of a drug being present in your blood long after if has any effect on you. You can't potentiate the effect of marijuana or any other drug when there are no longer any psychoactive effects.

And I absolutely refuse to waste any more time responding to 10 comments and countless links in a single post, this discussion in my opinion is dead. There is nothing further that I can add, so have a nice evening and best of luck to you in your quest to criminalize marijuana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 10:42 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Am I the only one here that knows that when you have indulged in cannabis you can still function as a human, and is not in another world where reality ceases to exist? If anything, when I use to use, it enhanced reality. Listening to this ongoing prohibitionist nonsense, I feel like I am taking crazy pills!

Old 05-11-2015, 03:42 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Am I the only one here that knows that when you have indulged in cannabis you can still function as a human, and is not in another world where reality ceases to exist? If anything, when I use to use, it enhanced reality. Listening to this ongoing prohibitionist nonsense, I feel like I am taking crazy pills!
No one is saying you can't

What had been brought up by marijuana proponents in this thread and others are many false suppositions.. one of those has to do with driving
No drug that alters the brain anesthetizes the CNS will make one a better driver. Mj folks love to tout that mj and driving just makes them slower and they then extrapolate safer... which is total bunk

Does anyone want the driver coming at them impaired in any way?... in my area 1 out of 50 during daylight ... going up to a staggering 2 in 5 at night . Russian roulette .. of which marijuana is a part.
Lots of evidence has been posted about the synergistic effects of mj and alcohol.. the propensity of users to abuse both.
Two dead girls families understand.... very well... I imagine they have become good experts on a person whose life was marijuana and alcohol abuse.
Arguing which fatal bullet killed the victim is moot.. when both created a death

Old 05-11-2015, 10:00 AM

37,104 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
... your quest to criminalize marijuana
I have said decriminalize it many times in this thread. What I do not want is legalization which will make it easier for stupid people like Kayla Mendoza to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
How do you propose keeping it out of the hands of those who cannot use it responsibly? Yes, they already get it, but you want to make it easier?

From the California Society of Addiction Medicine:

http://www.csam-asam.org/sites/defau...dolescents.pdf

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...-4147.full.pdf

Old 05-11-2015, 10:12 AM

518 posts, read 764,271 times
She's sentenced 24years to prison: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2210288

Good riddance. Hope she learns her lesson while in prison.

IMO, they need to do life time probation with VERY strict probation violation laws in these multi-DUI and fatality cases.

If it's the first time you kill someone, sure no need for life in prison but after you get out, you will be on lifetime probation indefinitely.

Another DUI? Back in prison for another 20+ years.

Another DUI with fatality or a serious injury? Sorry you've proven to be a clear danger to society and its' time to lock you up and throw away the key.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:17 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Suzy_q continues to be correct. Here are a few reputable sources for the potentiating effects of concurrent alcohol and marijuana use. It's best to look up the studies rather than just try to reason it out on your own.

Note that studies indicate that the combined use of both puts you not only at higher risk for accidents of all kinds but also puts you at risk for long-term dependence on both. If you use before the age of thirty the risk is increased even more and if you are female the risk is higher yet.

If you are going to use a brain-altering drug you do yourself a favor to educate yourself thoroughly on its negative side effects because when you are under the influence or if you are habituated they will not be apparent to you.

Alcohol use potentiates marijuana problem severity in young adult women. - PubMed - NCBI

Alcohol Use Potentiates Marijuana Problem Severity in Young Adult Women

Those first two are from the same government study with the second offering a little more explanation.

Effects of Alcohol and Combined Marijuana and Alcohol Use During Adolescence
Now that is startling science! Some young woman who drink smoke pot.

And alcohol and pot may be bad for adolescents!

For how many decades has alcohol been off limits for children? How has it worked?

Old 05-11-2015, 10:20 AM

37,104 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Now that is startling science! Some young woman who drink smoke pot.

And alcohol and pot may be bad for adolescents!

For how many decades has alcohol been off limits for children? How has it worked?
Making pot easier to get is going to help the situation? Please explain how that will work.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:30 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Too many teenagers today feel invincible or even more daring than prior generations. Because they have such wonderful technology and tools today that enable them to do things at a faster rate and more far reaching than any other gen prior.

In the old days, you know only a few teens that go out and do certain things because there wasn't social media that allowed you to get instant hookups or connections to go to places. Today kids use social media as their world to indulge themselves and do things to get attention and sometimes looking for the dumbest and most wrongful things to do is the most glamorous.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
OP - Why should all of us suffer from the ban on marijuana, especially medically enhanced varieties, because some fool gets into an accident while drunk/stoned? The benefits of the legalization of this drug far outweigh the current costs of having it illegal.

Yeah, some fools will kill themselves and others while intoxicated by marijuana. Lots of people already do that with alcohol and we saw what banning that drug did to our society. We are still paying for that stupidity.
The reason cops don't want MJ legalized can be summed up in two words:

Job Security

I attended a presentation by our local police chief recently. He said that 80%+ of all police activity in town is drug related.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:48 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I have said decriminalize it many times in this thread. What I do not want is legalization which will make it easier for stupid people like Kayla Mendoza to get it.

How do you propose keeping it out of the hands of those who cannot use it responsibly? Yes, they already get it, but you want to make it easier?

From the California Society of Addiction Medicine:

http://www.csam-asam.org/sites/defau...dolescents.pdf

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...-4147.full.pdf
I think weed prohibition is ridiculous. When I was a teenager it was 10X easier to get weed than it was to get alcohol! ALCOHOL! Weed was everywhere, even though it was illegal, but alcohol was hard to get unless you asked an older person to buy it for you, and that person could always be an undercover cop. I barely drank alcohol at all until I went to college.

Probably 1/3 of the kids at my high school smoked weed occasionally, and many of their parents did as well, even some of their grandparents did. But the number of kids who got blackout drunk and went to the hospital because they drank too much was always higher than the number of kids who got in trouble with weed. Alcohol is the #1 cause of auto accidents and teen deaths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events