Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 09:33 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Not an isolated incident: Marijuana playing larger role in fatal crashes

Also, Dr. Wayne Hall just came out with an informative study on the dangers of mj use. Continue to advocate at your own peril; only I'll continue to speak against as irresponsible use is putting my safety in danger as well (not to mention creating a burden, financially, as the health problems associated with mj use continue to increase, leading to increases in premiums, etc.).
Well who said people should be driving while smoking anyway? Is alcohol ok to drive with? NO...What does legalizing Marijuana have to do with any of this? It would be illegal to drive under the influence.

Again ..legal with major restrictions... why are none of you bitching about alcohol being legal??? What a ridiculous double standard. And I don't smoke ! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:42 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
It isn't just that, but it is also the fact that unlike alcohol, cannabis affects everyone differently. Add to that the huge variations in strains, all of which have different effects, and you have a scenario that has too many variables to determine if someone is impaired just because they ingested some earlier in the day.

Alcohol effects everyone differently. Someone who could technically be "under the limit" could still be a threat on the road. And someone "over the limit" could still be relatively safe driving.

Impaired is the key word. I believe the only fair way to handle DUI cases that involve cannabis is to require that a field test be conducted. If the driver can pass the field impairment test, then they are not impaired, regardless of what they may have ingested earlier.

I agree.

I love the fact the OP in the title of the thread admits the driver was "too drunk to care", yet blames the cannabis, calling it indefensible this time!
To me, it just makes LEO look bad. If they can't reason through simple situations like this they shouldn't be allowed to enforce the law imo.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:44 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,829 times
Medical Benefits of Cannabis

Trying to list all of the medicinal and medical benefits of marijuana is like trying to name and list all of the stars in the sky; there are just so many of them! Americans, and people all across the rest of the planet, are standing up for their rights to incorporate holistic, natural medicines in order to remedy their ailments. We cannot be forced into taking in the toxic substances released as medicines from multibillion-dollar pharmaceutical companies. And with the help of modern technologies, the many medicinal benefits of marijuana are ever-increasingly becoming integrated into the very fabric of worldwide societies everywhere.

Medical Marijuana | Benefits of Cannabis | Natural Medicinal Solutions | Holistic Health Cures

at the end of the article lists all disorders/diseases for the benefits.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:47 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Medical Benefits of Cannabis

Trying to list all of the medicinal and medical benefits of marijuana is like trying to name and list all of the stars in the sky; there are just so many of them! Americans, and people all across the rest of the planet, are standing up for their rights to incorporate holistic, natural medicines in order to remedy their ailments. We cannot be forced into taking in the toxic substances released as medicines from multibillion-dollar pharmaceutical companies. And with the help of modern technologies, the many medicinal benefits of marijuana are ever-increasingly becoming integrated into the very fabric of worldwide societies everywhere.

Medical Marijuana | Benefits of Cannabis | Natural Medicinal Solutions | Holistic Health Cures

at the end of the article lists all disorders/diseases for the benefits.
Great share!

People love to hate on cannabis, but its one of the oldest medicines we have around. People have been using it medicinally and spiritually for thousands of years!

The legalization issue to me IS part of my life. Your telling me I have to medicate myself with 'X', when MJ has been proven to be healthier.

That's tyranny in a free country.

Traffic fatalities have actually decreased in states where its been legalized/decriminalized. As people choose to smoke rather than drink, traffic accidents decrease.

So what is the Officer's REAL agenda? Could it be more revenue? Kinda seems like a lobbyist.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
how many threads do you have to start so that you can spread the word that 'marijuana kills' ? This is really getting old. I'm not sure why you are fixated on this, maybe it came about during that 2000 hour police academy that exists nowhere except in your imagination

Aren't you, or weren't you a cop? If so, how come there are those in your profession like yourself who have been able to separate themselves from the "Reefer Madness" propaganda, whereas others continue to swallow it and preach it as if it is the truth? Is it out of fear that they may lose their jobs if cannabis were legalized, and would lose their easy payday by shaking down folks who consume, possess, and cultivate a plant? Because I have to tell you, there are plenty of other worse things out there, and much more heinous crimes that LE can pursue!

At any rate, due to this imbecile's irresponsibility of driving impaired, and killing 2 people I fully support her being incarcerated! As I've said it's morons like her that ruin it for the many people who do exercise personal responsibility when partaking.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:04 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
True, and fair points. I just feel that we're at the point of no return with alcohol, where banning it (and we've already tried once) won't really do anything to curb its use/growth. We are not quite yet there with marijuana (yes, more and more people are using it, but not to the extent of alcohol), and legalizing is only going to increase the number of users. That's my fear. The bottom line is that not everyone will be responsible, which is why we have laws/law enforcement in the first place. I wish that more people were responsible, but, sadly, many are not.
Let's say I can, and do use marijuana responsibly and would never drive on marijuana. Why should the rights of those who are responsible be infringed just because some aren't?

Old 05-05-2015, 10:22 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Great share!

People love to hate on cannabis, but its one of the oldest medicines we have around. People have been using it medicinally and spiritually for thousands of years!

The legalization issue to me IS part of my life. Your telling me I have to medicate myself with 'X', when MJ has been proven to be healthier.

That's tyranny in a free country.

Traffic fatalities have actually decreased in states where its been legalized/decriminalized. As people choose to smoke rather than drink, traffic accidents decrease.

So what is the Officer's REAL agenda? Could it be more revenue? Kinda seems like a lobbyist.

Big pharm has a reason to worry.

Why would I have my doctor put me in pain meds that will give me a dependency when MJ is better, non addicting and inexpensive?

Since I suffer from constant and chronic pain, when the powers that be made tighter restrictions on the pain medications, my pharmacy doesn't stock any. So, a couple of years ago, I laid on my couch as I had to go through withdrawals. If I don't smoke a day, a week or a month, there is no withdrawals and that a plus for me.

MJ is being decriminalized daily, many doctors are now lobbying for this to become a source of medication for those it benefits.

Being stupid by driving under any influence, is on that person only, not everyone as a whole.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:20 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times
I think this explains a lot...

US Court Ruled You Can Be “Too Smart” to Be a Cop | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

Old 05-05-2015, 11:32 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Aren't you, or weren't you a cop? If so, how come there are those in your profession like yourself who have been able to separate themselves from the "Reefer Madness" propaganda, whereas others continue to swallow it and preach it as if it is the truth? Is it out of fear that they may lose their jobs if cannabis were legalized, and would lose their easy payday by shaking down folks who consume, possess, and cultivate a plant? Because I have to tell you, there are plenty of other worse things out there, and much more heinous crimes that LE can pursue!

At any rate, due to this imbecile's irresponsibility of driving impaired, and killing 2 people I fully support her being incarcerated! As I've said it's morons like her that ruin it for the many people who do exercise personal responsibility when partaking.
yes, I'm retired. Honestly I have not met any cop since the 80s who was as fanatically anti mj as the OP. I never arrested anyone for personal possession of MJ but I worked with plenty of cops who did but not on principle but because they wanted to get promoted and in LE making alot of arrests helps your chances. All I can tell you is that in over 2 decades I never saw a serious injury or fatal traffic accident where marijuana was a causative factor nor have I ever responded to a violent donestic violence caused by MJ, however alcohol is frequently a factor. The war on drugs was a total failure, think of how things might be if all those wasted billions had been spent on schools. And there are plenty of cops who agree with me google LEAP (law enforcement against prohibition)

Old 05-05-2015, 11:34 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yes, I'm retired. Honestly I have not met any cop since the 80s who was as fanatically anti mj as the OP. I never arrested anyone for personal possession of MJ but I worked with plenty of cops who did but not on principle but because they wanted to get promoted and in LE making alot of arrests helps your chances. All I can tell you is that in over 2 decades I never saw a serious injury or fatal traffic accident where marijuana was a causative factor nor have I ever responded to a violent donestic violence caused by MJ, however alcohol is frequently a factor. The war on drugs was a total failure, think of how things might be if all those wasted billions had been spent on schools. And there are plenty of cops who agree with me google LEAP (law enforcement against prohibition)
We need more cops like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events