Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 03:56 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am glad you jumped in. Because, you know, your user name . . . You're clearly an expert!

Also, McDonald's got into trouble in that famous case because they pour their coffee at a ridiculously hot temperature (I guess to keep it hot longer and after adding cream), and many, many people have gotten injured previously.

Mick
People either don't understand or they don't care how seriously burned that McDonald's woman was. Had she spilled anybody elses coffee in her lap, she wouldn't have suffered the scalding, third-degree, tissue-destroying burns to her legs. That McDonald's coffee was just below the boiling point back then. Very dangerous. McDonalds and all of these places know that the coffee they are serving is likely to end up in a moving vehicle. If their cups are weak, thin, or their coffee is a few degrees below the boiling point, they should lose every injury lawsuit that comes their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 04:08 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Here's the thing, folks respond to headlines which are basically written to troll the public and to create click bait, without the slightest attempt to explaining the reasoning that might be presented at trial. So who really knows what is or what isn't a legitimate law suit?

Old 05-06-2015, 06:40 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
I live in the Raleigh area and just found this on our local TV station's website. The stakes have gone up - $750k ish Raleigh police officer suing Starbucks says spilled coffee worth $10M :: WRAL.com Be sure to read the 4th paragraph from the bottom....absurd! What a wuss! He says that since the incident he is uncertain at work, and anxious. Of what??? Does he think coffee is going to rain down on him? I am amazed at the lack of resilience of people - if what he says is true. Frankly, I don't want him on the streets here if he's that fragile.

I think the case is ridiculous! It was bloody free coffee - how ungrateful! I guess I won't get picked for the jury Either way, I have no sympathy whatsoever for him regarding the case. This sickens me as a typical example of our ever growing litigious society.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:51 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,218 times
I'm in the Raleigh area as well, so we do have a lot of the local coverage. I honestly don't see him winning the case if the jurors are anything like the locals who have commented. The latest thing to come to light is the fact that he went home and took pictures of "it" instead of going to the doctor.

I'm surprised the wife's case hasn't been dropped. If that's the case, my husband should sue the doctor who did my hysterectomy! I haven't been the same since!

Old 05-06-2015, 09:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHsojpGV5o

Old 05-07-2015, 02:55 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,123 times
I got burned pretty badly once when the employee at starbucks didn't put the lid on correctly and it fell off causing very hot coffee to spill on me. I didn't sue anyone. I survived.

This case needs to be thrown out of court and the cop needs to be sued for being an idiot. I also feel he should not be a cop. If a coffee burn caused so much problems in his life, then I don't trust someone like that in stressful situations with a gun.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:56 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Emotional damage? Maybe he ought to sue them for a box of tampons.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:19 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,398 times
I hope his lawyer advises against using a Balm of any kind on the burn.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:15 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
I want to sue this half-man and his co-enabling wife just for the emotional distress that they have caused me from reading about this ridiculous lawsuit.

A real man wouldn't make a punk move like this. He'd wipe off the coffee, wash out the stain, and move on.

Now it seems the slightest inconvenience causes people to bleat and whine and curl up in a fetal ball. And this guy's a cop, even?

Old 05-07-2015, 08:40 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times
Lady from the incident ended up with NOTHING...But why did the Original Judge find in her defense? Because it was the 3rd in recent months and every moron knows.. The Hotter The water the more cups you get from the grounds..... so It was GREED Driven.. but every moron knows that....RIGHT??
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Cops need to aim higher. The McDonald's lady won a lot more than that!!

Oh, everybody understands the legal system when it is they who are injured. Until then, make fun of lawyers and plaintiffs.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events