Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 06:52 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So tell me. I missed the action. Is "thug" racist? I always forget which way the struggle is going these days. What's more important? Science-based semantics or emotional appeals to metamorphic victimization?

I ask you. And as you consider your reply, I ask that you imagine the fifth sentence of the preceding paragraph being pronounced by Dr. Michael Eric Dyson.
Why are you asking me this and what does it have to do with this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 07:17 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,706,517 times
The "News" should be outlawed.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:22 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello071 View Post
Why are we letting the media get away with this? Why is the media basically inviting the protesters, looters, etc... then these journalists have enough nerve to act like they are the victim.

Is anyone else tired of this?

I no longer can watch this anymore and switch the channel. All this is doing is reenforcing negative stereotypes. I'm tired of this and the last few years I feel the media has instigated all of this to the point of more ratings at the expense of the general public.
Because we live in a world full of zombies and cowards that will believe anything they see and hear.

Years and years of programming by media has brought our world to the point that it is at right now.

Rich are continuing to get richer while the average man fights and bickers over skin tone.

People suck.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Is that why your first post in this thread was a broad generalization about an undisclosed race, which had nothing to do with the media's coverage?
It was not undisclosed. I said Hispanics. It's you who trying to turn it into racism. I did not mention any other race.
I might be missing something, but I haven't seen that Hispanics have burned down any cities, haven't looted and destroyed business, haven't demanded that Whites can't use certain words in the English language, haven't gone on a crusade to vilify the police in the USA, don't riot and shoot people over $250 clown shoes, etc. etc. etc.

Hispanics, IMO, have instead joined the mainstream and avoided such nonsense and instead work with society in general instead of against it.

If you take some sort of offense at this, and obviously you do, that is your issue. Not mine. Yawn.

-----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Yet TWICE I posted links of Hispanics doing the aforementioned actions, yet AGAIN you act as if you don't see those links and continue to play your childish games.!..........."To which you still have not responded. Just like the 'confederate flag' thread. Just like the 'thug is racist' thread."Stop insulting him! Lmao.
You said you have seen Hispanics rioting. I asked you where. You will not answer this despite being asked several times. Since you asked, I don't respond to your nonsense & links as demonstrated in your 2nd quote.

Conclusion: You simply made it up.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 05-10-2015 at 02:54 AM..

Old 05-10-2015, 08:59 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
When has a riot not involved blacks?
The Tulsa riot of the 1920s and the Detroit riots of the 50s.

The Tulsa riot was the first time the government dropped bombs on its UNARMED citizens. The black residents crime was 1) being BLACK and 2) being SUCCESSFUL blacks. These were grounds to destroy the community. I guess that old "do it on your own" thing was a problem for their WHITE neighbors.

Detroit police helped white residents attack, mutilate and murder blacks to prevent them from moving into the neighborhood.

Both of these riots (and many more) were started by WHITES against blacks, because as usual...the sight of dark skin scared the bejeebus out of them. Kinda like how they do TODAY. Lol

I swear being white must be a daily bout of fear from everyone NOT white. I don't know how many can stand it without going crazy...oh wait?

Old 05-10-2015, 09:03 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,720 times
Quote:
Why are you asking me this and what does it have to do with this thread?
Because the person has NO BLACK FRIENDS in REAL life. That's why.

If they had black friends or even acquaintances half of the nonsense posted here wouldn't need to be said nor asked.

Like considering all 60 million blacks in this country (regardless of whether or not they're from a foreign country) all part of one huge borg where one or two "leaders" tell us what to do and answer all questions and concerns for the "black community". LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Old 05-10-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It was not undisclosed. I said Hispanics. It's you who trying to turn it into racism. I did not mention any other race.
I might be missing something, but I haven't seen that Hispanics have burned down any cities, haven't looted and destroyed business, haven't demanded that Whites can't use certain words in the English language, haven't gone on a crusade to vilify the police in the USA, don't riot and shoot people over $250 clown shoes, etc. etc. etc.

Hispanics, IMO, have instead joined the mainstream and avoided such nonsense and instead work with society in general instead of against it.

If you take some sort of offense at this, and obviously you do, that is your issue. Not mine. Yawn.

-----------------------------------------------------

You said you have seen Hispanics rioting. I asked you where. You will not answer this despite being asked several times. Since you asked, I don't respond to your nonsense & links as demonstrated in your 2nd quote.

Conclusion: You simply made it up.
And obviously if you would've clicked the links it would've told you where the events took place.

I'm sorry if using common sense is insulting to you, I'll refrain from using that along with facts so I won't bother you.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Because the person has NO BLACK FRIENDS in REAL life. That's why.

If they had black friends or even acquaintances half of the nonsense posted here wouldn't need to be said nor asked.

Like considering all 60 million blacks in this country (regardless of whether or not they're from a foreign country) all part of one huge borg where one or two "leaders" tell us what to do and answer all questions and concerns for the "black community". LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Lmao exactly, they crack me up! Check out this thread and laugh at the hypocrisy.

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...-molester.html

The same thing happened a couple of months earlier and involved a Black family, and as usual some of the most hateful comments were posted.

Now those same people are ignoring that thread Lmao!

Old 05-10-2015, 09:29 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,123 times
Idiot conservatives complain about it yet continue watching as if they had no self control, same as they're tuning into the Kardashians just to complain about them. Don't come whining on here about the problem you created and continue to perpetuate. If the righties ignored these media stories, they'd disappear.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:30 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
I'll refrain from using that along with facts so I won't bother you.
You said you personally witnessed Hispanics rioting. When asked where, you can't answer. i.e. You lied and are not man enough to admit it.

i.e. You have not proven what I said was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events