Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 06:49 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
It's exactly what happened to John Crawford at Walmart. He was walking around talking on his phone whilst holding a toy gun. A fat white male called the police and told them there was a black male walking around Walmart with an automatic machine gun. The SWAT team was dispatched and led to storming into Walmart finding John, not even confronting him to drop the weapon, and shot and killed him. And no charges have been pressed on the person that called the police and filed a false report that led to Johns death.
PROTIP: If you are shopping in Walmart and pick up a BB AIR RIFLE, it's probably a smart idea to put it in the cart instead of "swinging it around" especially on a pet isle where there's a woman and two kids.

Just a thought. Since whilst you're acting cool, other people are afraid and will call the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 09:09 AM

Ok Reddit. LOL.

Even if that guy is a cop he could be simply the precinct supply closet organizer or something.

Because if you look at his posting history he's got LOTS OF TIME to spend posting on Reddit.

You can view it by clicking on his user name.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:24 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It depends upon circumstances and neighborhood in question. If it is a Neighborhood Watch neighborhood and these two guys were unknown and jumping a car then it might be prudent to call 911 as people in these communities are instructed to do, by the police. The race of the individuals is irrelevant.

It takes little effort to roll a police car through there. It takes a lot of effort to turn it into yet again another loud claim of racism.
Exactly! Well said.

My neighbor told me about her Glock she now keeps because of all the crap going on these days. As a single woman, I don't blame her in the least. Just read the Oakland news to see examples of why we need to call the police when there is suspicious activity in our neighborhoods. Night after night of violence and destruction! I refuse to even drive by that place and feel sorry for any peaceful people still there.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:32 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Lol, as I mentioned on other threads, these things are not unique at all to blacks.

I have had the cops called on me three times in my life while I was doing nothing even close to a crime. One time was when I was broke down outside a strip mall, hood was up and the cops said someone called to say I was breaking into a business; and twice was by some neighborhood idiots for "suspicious activities". I am a clean cut white guy.

My mom, an old white lady, had the cops called on her because she had a rental car for a while, so the car was "suspicious" in her stupid little Florida gated neighborhood (she has since moved).

Old 05-11-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
It's exactly what happened to John Crawford at Walmart. He was walking around talking on his phone whilst holding a toy gun.
BTW that is not considered a TOY gun. Toys are required to have an orange tip.

It was an un-packaged BB/pellet air rifle.

The term BB means the balls that come out of the gun. Something that might PENETRATE FLESH. Fires spherical projectiles.

The US government calls them "weapons".

BB and pellet guns--toys or deadly weapons? - PubMed - NCBI

They are regulated around the world as "air guns".

Air gun laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does this Walmart selection look like toys?

BB Guns : Shooting - Walmart.com

The same thing happened to that kid in Cleveland waving around a look alike.

Cleveland police kill 12-year-old boy wielding BB gun that looked like a semiautomatic pistol - The Washington Post

Old 05-11-2015, 11:40 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
He was like 4 feet tall.
If a four-foot tall person has a gun, they can still kill people. The problem wasn't the people who called the cops, it was the cops themselves for shooting the kid before they even had a chance to figure out it was a toy gun. Wasn't it like 2.5 seconds from the time the cop got out of his car to the time he shot and killed the kid? Not enough time to ascertain the situation.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:41 AM

45,332 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If a four-foot tall person has a gun, they can still kill people. The problem wasn't the people who called the cops, it was the cops themselves for shooting the kid before they even had a chance to figure out it was a toy gun. Wasn't it like 2.5 seconds from the time the cop got out of his car to the time he shot and killed the kid? Not enough time to ascertain the situation.
Was this an Air Soft or a BB gun? If a BB gun then it's not considered a toy. Many states require the purchaser of an Air Soft to be 18.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:01 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Was this an Air Soft or a BB gun? If a BB gun then it's not considered a toy. Many states require the purchaser of an Air Soft to be 18.
I have no idea, and it's not relevant anyway. This kid had a toy gun and the cop didn't take enough time to ascertain the situation before he shot him to death. I understand cops go through a lot, and have to deal with an increasingly higher amount of gun-related incidences these days, but he could have at least given more than a couple of seconds to figure out if this person was a kid or if the gun was real. It's tragic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events