Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 03:54 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,704,392 times

Advertisements

The dangers of vigilante 'justice' and he said/she said.

Colorado Woman Beats Accused Child Molester – Who Was Innocent – To Death With A Baseball Bat, Gets 38 Years

Quote:
The Denver Post reports that in September 2013, Owen’s then 4-year-old daughter told Owen that Rainey – whom the family knew – had molested her. Friends encouraged the Colorado woman to take her concerns to police. Instead, according to Jason Siers, the prosecutor in the case, she “engaged in misplaced, vigilante justice,” and took matters into her own hands.

On the night of the murder, Owen, who had been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana with friends, took a Louisville Slugger baseball bat and found Rainey sleeping in an alley and viciously assaulted him with the bat. Prosecutors say the innocent man suffered six broken ribs, multiple cuts, a laceration to his liver, a shattered left testicle, and a skull fracture. He was taken to a hospital where he died a short time later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 03:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,180,885 times
Savage.

Quote:
Do you think 38 years is a fair sentence for beating a homeless man to death with a baseball bat?
Uh. Yeah.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:01 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,304,546 times
That's the risk you take when you take the law into your own hands and let your emotions get the best of you. For what it's worth, her picture makes her look like a meth addict.

Would I do the same if I found my children were molested? Only if there was concrete proof. How do such accusations arise anyways while ending up being not true?

Old 05-09-2015, 04:06 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,582,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
That's the risk you take when you take the law into your own hands and let your emotions get the best of you. For what it's worth, her picture makes her look like a meth addict.

Would I do the same if I found my children were molested? Only if there was concrete proof. How do such accusations arise anyways while ending up being not true?
Easy. Either by "prompting" or "steering" the witness.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:30 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,040,360 times
Quote:
Would I do the same if I found my children were molested? Only if there was concrete proof.
In her mind I'm sure she thought she had concrete proof too. It's not your right to decide guilt or innocence. Even if the person did what it is you think they did, you are still depriving them of their Constitutional right to due process.

Which is why all these self-defense (I've got a right to shoot anybody who does me wrong) people are just un-Amercan.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:38 PM

30,659 posts, read 18,276,650 times
Quote:

Exactly what I was going to write. Sad that an innocent man had to die because of a drunk and high loon whose daughter is a liar.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:43 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,910,468 times
She has a long criminal history and serious mental health issues she was likely delusional, but regardless a lengthy term for her crime I think is appropriate I don't know the details of the crime so I won't comment on whether I think 38 years is fair. This case has nothing to do with molestation.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:37 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,905 times
If she was a cop she would get a paid vacation and probably a promotion. Sad.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 12,127,453 times
She should be locked up for the maximum, 48 years. This is not the first time she has viciously attacked someone. Rather than take her meds for bi-polar she gets drunk and high with friends (what kind of ****ty friends get drunk and high with someone who is bi-polar?). At least she won't breed in prison. I feel sorry for her daughter.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:42 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,866,641 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5
Do you think 38 years is a fair sentence for beating a homeless man to death with a baseball bat?
NO SHE DESERVES THE SAME TREATMENT!!!!!!!

Scumbag!! -- Poor guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events