Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we keep the Patriot Act?
Yes, Keep it how it is 3 3.75%
Yes, but it needs to be modified 6 7.50%
No, we should get rid of it 69 86.25%
Unsure/Need more info 2 2.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:10 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times

Advertisements

patriot act is a tool for feds to terrorize US citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 12:31 PM

163 posts, read 125,692 times
I'm seeing that the Patriot Act was not passed but that is only partially true. It's not passed right now.

An article states -

Early Saturday morning, the Senate failed to pass both a two-month extension of the current program, as well as a House alternative that sought to keep many of the NSA's surveillance abilities intact. With the Senate set to take a week-long recess, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the chamber will meet again on Sunday, May 31, to consider ways that would not let the program expire.

Patriot Act debate: Everything you need to know - CNNPolitics.com

I can't help but think that this is the reason for the chemical weapons threat being called in regarding some airflights. Here is my other post in the Duggard thread that I cannot link to:

Possible threat to U.S. plane(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculator View Post
Flashed onto the news for a second. Something about chemical weapons. Can't make a new topic.
Quote:
They also said it could be a hoax. I think they mentioned an Air France flight and Kennedy and Laguardia airports in New York.
Quote:
Fighter jets are being scrambled inconspicuosly for the flight passengers' sakes.
Quote:
Passengers off plane. Plane searched and cleared.
Quote:
There is another plane on the ground at another airport near there also being searched.
They (lawmakers for the patriot act) could be the ones calling in threats to planes with the intention of making the public think that we need the patriot act. With all our technology, can't we tell who called?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events