Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 10:46 AM

563 posts, read 523,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Shoot, I should look into flying private charter. Had no idea it was so affordable!! Thanks!

Why is everyone rushing to judgement here? We don't know what happened. I understand that all the daughter was doing wrong was making relatively loud verbal noises. Many passengers nearby were confounded as to why the plane was landing and why those people were deplaning. The video of the family getting off the plane shows a calm, compliant daughter. She may have calmed down by the time they landed, but my point is her behavior onboard is still moot.

Have a heart, okay? If you had a kid with autism, you'd feel horrible if this happened to you and your child. The worse part is trying to explain to someone who doesn't fully understand why they are kicking you off the plane, as the other passenger stare and whisper. Put up with little noise and weirdness. Wouldn't Jesus (or whoever you believe in) want you to have compassion? What would Pope Francis say about this?

If you are traveling long distance, you have no choice but to fly, right? Or should families with autistic kids just stay home, unless they can afford private charter flights? Let them use your G6.

Mick
Whatever, dude.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 10:48 AM

Default Hey, at least they landed the plane before giving her the heave ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Everything I read said she reacted badly and was threatening...if she was that calm as you believe above, I don't believe they would have kicked them off. It affects not just that plane, but the entire airline schedule in that corridor, and I do not think they do this lightly or without cause. It's not like pulling a bus over and kicking someone off.
Really?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:53 AM

Smile Dont cry for me Argentina, oh, wait. Uh, I meant America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Doesn't look like she paid for her mistake.....looks like she is still trying to make other people pay for her mistake.

How big of you.
This story just goes to show you, stupidity is contagious. Victim's are sooooo last year. It is surprising to see that there are some people out there that can be easily duped. Just don't count me among them.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:54 AM

50,716 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
Really?
That post was a response to another specific post. Taking it out of context allows you to pick it out for mockery, but it's not really above board IMO. Is this a hobby of yours, looking for month-old posts to resurrect out of context so you can sound clever?

Old 06-14-2015, 11:04 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
The mother is to blame, not the airline. The mother knew the daughters condition. Because of the mothers poor planning, this incident occurred. The child's safety as well as the safety of fellow passengers where at risk due to poor parenting. Why did not the mother pickup something hot at the airport that was hot or bring on a medical food container that would keep food hot? The child's Dr. could have written a permission for this accommodation. Why did the other pack snacks that would like? Well, she is on TV! Famous for being a victim! Ah, I could just cry; if I cared. But I do not. Beyond lame.

The mother is inept. She should be penalized for the unsafe transport of her daughter. The mother should be evaluated to judge her competence in order to perform simple routine task associated with being a parent. Perhaps someone else could do a better job.

Actually--the family apparently had dinner at the airport, but the girl didn't eat hers. I don't know why the woman didn't take it to go on the plane--she probably could have had it heated on the plane if that was all she was asking. This sounds like a case of the typical self-entitlement shown by many fliers and families these days. The crew had to make a judgment. They aren't psychologists and I think they did what they thought they should do. From the mother's point of view, it wasn't necessary.

The lawsuit is ridiculous. In the end, she will probably lose, and the airlines will foot the bill by increasing costs for passengers.

'Children unpredictable, with autism or not'

http://koin.com/2015/05/09/she-wasnt...use-of-autism/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events