Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:35 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,402,169 times

Advertisements

lolol. Middleburg, FL!?! Middleburg, Fl is literally the smallest town, next to the smaller town, next to Jacksonville. Who made this list, a 4 year old throwing darts at a map!!?

I mean if they said "Jacksonville" Id get that, we have Mayport, N.A.S. Jax, JAX, two railyards, and a major shipping hub......but Middleburg. Thats the kind of southern town that anyone sporting a turban would feel pretty nervous walking around in....

Last edited by thatguydownsouth; 05-12-2015 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:38 AM

24,297 posts, read 17,018,578 times
California and Texas are popular targets I say due to their proximity to the border. isis can just walk across, meet up with buddies and off they go.

What is really sad is it will take an attack on American soil to get the notice of Obama and even then it will probably be played down.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:48 AM

16,826 posts, read 15,083,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
lolol. Middleburg, FL!?! Middleburg, Fl is literally the smallest town, next to the smaller town, next to Jacksonville. Who made this list, a 4 year old throwing darts at a map!!?

I mean if they said "Jacksonville" Id get that, we have Mayport, N.A.S. Jax, JAX, two railyards, and a major shipping hub......but Middleburg. Thats the kind of southern town that anyone sporting a turbine would feel pretty nervous walking around in....
I was thinking the same thing, but then again, as I posted earlier, they also had Merritt Island on there. There isn't much of anything on Merritt Island besides wild beasts and swamp/marshlands...

Aerial view of Merritt Island. The area where one is most likely to find a large concentration of humans is in the middle... And is HEAVILY GUARDED. Have fun fishing?

https://floridamemory.com/fpc/commerce/com02310.jpg

Old 05-12-2015, 06:51 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times
Folks.

This list is from the list of military members and their families (their addresses) that ISIS claimed to be targeting. That's why it looks random.

It's no surprise that Texas, California and the south are over-represented. When it comes to military recruits, California tops the list, with the south providing 40 percent of military recruits, with a huge chunk of them hailing from Texas. No surprise that their families live there.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:12 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,804,012 times
So, I guess, if we see a bunch of guys dressed like Ninjas riding in the back of 1978 Toyota pickup trucks through our towns we better run. Or laugh. Or let a Texas traffic cop take care of these goofs.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:21 AM

16,826 posts, read 15,083,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
So, I guess, if we see a bunch of guys dressed like Ninjas riding in the back of 1978 Toyota pickup trucks through our towns we better run. Or laugh. Or let a Texas traffic cop take care of these goofs.
Right... I just can't imagine that kind of nonsense riding through a rural, 99% white southern town successfully.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:20 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,883,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
ISIS releases 'Kill List'; Seven Texas cities included - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

I don't think that this has been put in a thread yet (pardon me, if I am in error). But someone posted this on Facebook today - I am not even sure how reliable a source this is, so take it with a grain of salt.
But it was an interesting list of places, so thought that I would post. Your thoughts?

ISIS releases ‘Kill List’, Did Your City Make the List? |
I'm pretty sure I'm on ISIS' kill list - I'm Jewish.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:57 AM

2,953 posts, read 985,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Errrr those two were in no way well trained terrorists if they were it might have been different.
Maybe, maybe not. You don't have to be well trained to use an AK47 effectively at close range. The result speaks more towards how very well trained and cool the cop was. Head shots are difficult on the range and they aren't even recommended. Center of mass is the standard aim point. Against two live targets who had the element of surprise and who were firing on him with superior weaponry and protection his performance was phenomenal and required amazing cool.

I don't get why so many people here seem determined to make ISIS out to be something with fearsome skills for whom we Americans would be nothing but lambs to the slaughter. They are cocky bullies who have yet to face an equivalently motivated and armed adversary in the middle East. They shouldn't be underestimated but they haven't shown anything yet that raises them to ninja status.

There are many areas in America where lots of the citizenry are as well or better armed and have more combat experience than the whack-a-mole types in Garland, Paris or Denmark. America is not Europe. We are a country with lots of vets and LE folks around who are very well trained. In addition we have a high rate of gun ownership and many of these people (especially in rural areas) have been shooting and hunting since childhood. No this isn't Chuck Norris land but neither are we all that much of a soft target ... at least in some areas.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:20 AM

10,075 posts, read 5,698,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post

I mean if they said "Jacksonville" Id get that, we have Mayport, N.A.S. Jax, JAX, two railyards, and a major shipping hub......but Middleburg. Thats the kind of southern town that anyone sporting a turban would feel pretty nervous walking around in....
That would be a good way to set an entire nation in fear. Strike at some podunk, USA town so everyone feels vunerable. They could hit anywhere. Remember how freaked out everyone got over the Anthrax scares?

Old 05-12-2015, 10:28 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,271,446 times
To make the comparison a bit easier, let's recognize that military power involves more than "troops" (organized or irregular) with the willingness to launch and attack; it requires logistics -- the capability to both furnish and sustain the people and material need to continue that offensive.

9/11/01 struck terror into the hearts of many Americans because it was an improvised effort that succeeded, but the unique nature of the tactics used make it unlikely to be repeated, and both the breadth and depth of both the American military and intelligence apparatus give us a huge advantage in discovering and suppressing the hostiles before their plans can be implemented.

Unfortunately, the list of potential targets is also very broad, and there's no guarantee that somewhere, at some point in time, one or two individual attacks won't draw some blood. But that's a very long stretch from a collection of fanatics developing a plan to invade, destroy, or occupy any American target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events