Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Brady's fine of one million & 4 game suspension fair or foul?
Fair, he's the QB. The buck stops here. 47 63.51%
Foul, he's just the dude who throws the ball. 27 36.49%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,254,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As they say, first world problems.
In the 3rd World, they argue about soccer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 09:02 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Just a way to seem "fair" in light of all the NFL players caught committing real crimes.

Interesting database of NFL arrests ----> http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/

Old 05-11-2015, 09:14 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
The poll failed to offer the choice of what should really happen, vacate the Super Bowl win.
No fines or suspension necessary.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:48 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Woohoo! Good for the snarky cheater. He and the Pats got a gift with the tuck rule, almost got another if it weren't for spygate, and now this.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:19 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I think its a little extreme, and I'm no New England fan. I was looking forward to Pittsburgh beating New England's best on opening day this year.

They should have just put New England on special probation, and a warning not to do it again. Deflating the balls when the refs weren't looking is more gamesmanship as opposed to really cheating.

As far as a fine, a million bucks to the team doesn't mean anything.

Brady will appeal the case, have it reduced to a warning and they'll have to pay him for not playing.

3 of the 4 Patriot SB runs are tainted. The coach is a known cheater.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:30 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
The NFL should have taken the Super Bowl title away from the Pats. Simply put; They're cheaters.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
The NFL should have taken the Super Bowl title away from the Pats. Simply put; They're cheaters.
You do know that 80-90% of NFL players are using some sort of performance enhancing drugs by some estimates?

Mick

Old 05-12-2015, 05:48 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
As a Pats and Brady fan, what makes this sort of sad is the fact the Pats push the envelope as far as they do. IMO, if even 2-games were won due to any edge they try to get, probably a stretch. Arguably - Pats best dynasty ever, Belichick best coach ever, Brady best QB ever. These little edges (PSI's - we're still assuming guilt at this time because the Wells report proved nothing) I bet some players on most teams do does not make much of a difference on the field, yet they feel compelled to do so.

I voted unfair because overall I think the NFL is run poorly, and their suspensions (like Sean Payton out for a year because he should have known), make me think the front office is a farce. It's the NFL that should penalize themselves for not knowing how to run their billion dollar business.

This article I read IMO is most compelling explanation of the reasoning/importance of the penalties.

Bill Reiter: Tom Brady's Deflategate punishment was sorely needed in a world where this happens far too rarely | FOX Sports

Old 05-12-2015, 05:52 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Which team do you like? Have they ever won a SB? If so it may need to be scrutinized because:

Quote:
So you think there's only one NFL team that cheats? You're wrong. All 32 NFL teams cheat. Yup, even your favorite team is a dirty cheater, but since they are not that good, nobody really cares.

Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Old 05-12-2015, 07:02 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,343,582 times
I'm guessing that Brady will become really good at feeling for soft balls now.
The amazing fact is that the statistics show that his performance went down when the balls were deflated and then improved after they were inflated back to the normal pressure.
With this fact in consideration, I think the penalty should be that he play the first 4 games with deflated balls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events