Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 09:53 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Yep. It's predictable. Reminds me of the ending of every scooby doo episode: "if it wasn't for you kids I would have..." Cept on these threads its like the typical rant is "the black community needs to..." lol. You would think even they would be tired of saying the same exact things or that they would be smart enough to realize that blacks collectively are not responsible for what other black individuals do.
Interesting you say that. Didn't "hands up , don't shoot" spread like wildfire across the country among the black community ?

Songs, protests, banners, websites, etc....oh, and a riot.

Hands Up United

I'm just playing devil's advocate , but I don't think any one of these replies to this thread have stated what you've said. Actually I'm pretty sure there are a couple of posters that are black and are having a good talk with white posters about the issues are country are going thru. Then we can also see certain individuals that seem to be deflecting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 10:06 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Hopefully next time he'll mind his business.

Is that really the type of lesson people should learn?

Lets face it, people are horrified when we hear stories about a woman being raped in a communities courtyard, and people just close the windows/blinds and do nothing. They wont even call the police for fear the thugs friends will come after them as witnesses.

I for one was not raised like that. While I hope never to be a statistic some day, I will not cower in fear if I believe someone needs assistance. Granted you need to use common sense to make sure you do not become a victim also, but God help this country if men become totally emasculated to the point of never getting involved.

---

On a side note, what does this story tell us about these so called kids when an older guy tries to do the right thing, and a bunch of them decide to beat him to within an inch of his life. They acted worse than animals, but the question is why

`

Old 05-13-2015, 10:11 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting you say that. Didn't "hands up , don't shoot" spread like wildfire across the country among the black community ?

Hands Up United

I'm just playing devil's advocate , but I don't think any one of these replies to this thread have stated what you've said. Actually I'm pretty sure there are a couple of posters that are black and are having a good talk with white posters about the issues are country are going thru. Then we can also see certain individuals that seem to be deflecting.
"Didn't "hands up , don't shoot" spread like wildfire across the country among the black community ?"

I get the point you're trying to make, but it spread to every community. There were PLENTY of Whites protesting BLM.

Max Sterlings posts very much so are insinuating exactly what Faith was describing.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:11 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Hopefully next time he'll mind his business.
Maybe he should have just kept driving huh ? Instead he did the right thing and look what happened..

White Man Beaten By Mob In Detroit After Hitting Boy With Truck: Was It A Hate Crime? « CBS Detroit

Old 05-13-2015, 10:15 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Black people, in case you are confused as to why so many of your race end up in prison.....STUFF LIKE THIS IS WHY!

Old 05-13-2015, 10:18 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Maybe he should have just kept driving huh ? Instead he did the right thing and look what happened..

White Man Beaten By Mob In Detroit After Hitting Boy With Truck: Was It A Hate Crime? « CBS Detroit
There's no doubt that it makes sense to keep on trucking of you are in a black ghetto area and hit someone. Matter of fact, if they gang up and get in your way, you might have to hit a few to get through. My sister and her boyfriend were stopped in front of 2 groups of blacks fighting. They smashed the windows, beat my sister and her boyfriend and mugged them.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:22 AM

613 posts, read 463,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Black people, in case you are confused as to why so many of your race end up in prison.....STUFF LIKE THIS IS WHY!

Your posts are coming across as crazy racist, btw.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:28 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
White people, in case you are confused as to why so many of your race are considered to be racist . . . . STUFF LIKE THIS IS WHY!

lol, wth

Mick

Old 05-13-2015, 10:29 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
"Didn't "hands up , don't shoot" spread like wildfire across the country among the black community ?"

I get the point you're trying to make, but it spread to every community. There were PLENTY of Whites protesting BLM.

Max Sterlings posts very much so are insinuating exactly what Faith was describing.

Thugs.

Oh, wait.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:30 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
Quote:

Hands Up United

I'm addressing the dialogue that happens in this forum everytime a crime happens and the perp is black. Typically posters will talk about the black community and whats wrong with or what they need to do. And it's gotten just as predictable as the end of a scooby do episiode. If you want to use that same logic to the hands up don't shoot that's fine. It doesn't take away from what I said. It also deflects the same way you just accused me of doing. In any case wow there's positive dialogue between a few members black and white, still doesnt change the fact that even within the first few pages I saw posters talking about the black community, enough for two people to comment on it, and those were the comments that I was referring to when I made my comment.

I'm not going to bother to discuss my stance on the crime or chime in with awesome insights because it's a waste of breath. These types of threads are too predictable for me to feel like it's worth any type of discussion other than my Scooby doo comparison that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events