Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 01:15 PM

613 posts, read 463,413 times

Advertisements

Why did that quote get so many of you so hot and bothered? 0.o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 01:56 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Why did that quote get so many of you so hot and bothered? 0.o
It didn't get me hot and bothered, it just seemed like an odd thing to say. "if I had a son", really what does it supposed to mean ? He doesn't have a son why even say it ? Seem's to me he was just trying at all costs to connect himself to the situation.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:20 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post

Your posts are coming across as crazy racist, btw.
So you support 100 young black guys beating a 60 year old white man to near death...in case you have no perspective, that's much worse than criticizing those that did it..

Old 05-13-2015, 04:02 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'm sure that Barack Obama will take to the airwaves ASAP to inform us "if I had a son". That will be of course immediately after the aggressive DOJ investigation into the violation of this man's civil rights.
He was just on NPR, saying "if I had a white uncle on my mother's side, he would look like me." I think that was him.

Mick

Old 05-13-2015, 04:25 PM

231 posts, read 171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Do any of you white people honestly believe that black people aren't scared of black animals like that? We only want to live in peace and in safety, just like you. We left the city to escape those who don't raise their children properly,,,those who blame it all on the white man, including the black leadership. It's their favorite excuse for not raising their own children. It's the children's favorite excuse for not living like civilized human beings. You don't see this mob mentality in African children.

White people are still the majority in America, yet you bend to black thugs. Stop making excuses for the disease seeping out of black communities. We either end it or we watch it spread in time. Snap out of your stupor, white people! Decent blacks have no power to stop this by ourselves. My husband and I are disgusted by the white guilt excuses.
Huh. By golly, that's what appears to be a medium rare attitude.

Since the infamous 'teens' tend to live in areas where whites aren't as common on the ground, there's not as much outrage as you might think.

I admit that there's a handy dandy device parked right next to the Tombstone (AZ) courthouse that could be quite useful when dealing with the worst of public outbreaks, but small Western monocultural towns tend to not have that kind of issue.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:39 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Notaras View Post

I admit that there's a handy dandy device parked right next to the Tombstone (AZ) courthouse that could be quite useful when dealing with the worst of public outbreaks,

Old 05-13-2015, 06:55 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Do any of you white people honestly believe that black people aren't scared of black animals like that? We only want to live in peace and in safety, just like you. We left the city to escape those who don't raise their children properly,,,those who blame it all on the white man, including the black leadership. It's their favorite excuse for not raising their own children. It's the children's favorite excuse for not living like civilized human beings. You don't see this mob mentality in African children.

White people are still the majority in America, yet you bend to black thugs. Stop making excuses for the disease seeping out of black communities. We either end it or we watch it spread in time. Snap out of your stupor, white people! Decent blacks have no power to stop this by ourselves. My husband and I are disgusted by the white guilt excuses.
True, No one has a monopoly on being afraid of being attacked and beaten by a mob. It really won't spread considering people who can afford to move away from Violent areas do. Poor law abiding people are the ones that don't have choices.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:34 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Most of the ringleaders for the assault won't be out of prison until at least their 30's and they better pray the poor guy doesn't have some sort of complication stemming from the attack down the road or the charges will upgrade to murder and they'll be lucky to get out before they're 40.

I hope they round up the rest of the kids involved too and hit them with mob action charges.

Meanwhile, let me guess what the kids relatives are saying....

Mom: My kid was nowhere near there, and they are just framing them because they are black and just because they posted selfies with the nearly dead man on their facebook wall just means the photos were doctored.

Dad: <hasn't been around in 15 years>

I wish the guy had a gun. Turn a couple into parapalegics and the rest would take off running...and I feel the same way if it had been the guy beaten up by mark wahlberg years ago. I'd rather that guy remain uninjured and ole' marky mark be wheeling himself around for his actions.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:58 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes, that's what I was saying. It isn't fair, but it is unavoidable.

Moving away from race-centered identity would help a little. But instead society encourages that for non-whites.
Minorities can try to move away from race-centered identity all we like, but we will always be seen and treated as "other". Race identity is one of the few tools blacks in America have used to get as far as we are now. We have used our unity as a people to our benefit for political and economic gain. We have some ways to go, but if you want to see what happens to black people who have a splintered identity, see Brazil. It's not the successful rainbow nation they pretend to be.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:06 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The lives of white people DO MATTER which is why THE RATE at which white people kill each other is MUCH LOWER than the rate at which black people kill each other. If you look at the white on white murder rate only, its HALF OR LESS than the national average while the black on black only murder rate is AT LEAST DOUBLE or more than the national average. Again 6 TIMES the number of whites in the US murder at A FRACTION of the rate that blacks murder each other at.

And also the reason why black males are often not given the benefit of the doubt like say white males do is because of their behavior. Plain and simple. Yes we know there are plenty of good black men out there who aren't doing anything overly bad or committing crime etc., BUT there is still a VERY LARGE NUMBER of black males who ARE causing trouble and committing crime everyday which is why they're scrutinized more often.

This incident illustrates the point perfectly. How often have you EVER seen white males or non-black males in general assault and brutalize a black person as badly as this victim was? How about rarely if ever? Again as others have noted, if this was a black person that was beaten to a pulp like this by a group of white teens, we would've heard of this incident IMMEDIATELY all across every major news network and everyone on the internet.

But the fact is, because the victim was a white person, this story isn't newsworthy just like the thousands of other black on non-black crimes that never get mentioned on national news and all too common these stories get swept under the rug unless it goes viral and only then might major news outlets pick up the story.

That's how much blacks and in particular black males are protected by the media these days. If people still relied on TV and newspapers to get their news, no one would know about even a fraction of the crime committed by blacks against non-blacks. Hell YOU most likely wouldn't have heard about this incident if you weren't reading this forum, because this story sure as heck isn't being talking about much elsewhere.

Except police DO NOT kill millions of blacks. They don't even kill thousands each year. They kill perhaps a hundred or two of which most were probably justified. Probably only a few dozen are like the Freddie Gray case every year and that's what blacks complain about most yet ALWAYS ignore the THOUSANDS of dead blacks that were murdered by their own kind. That's why this whole 'black lives matter' is a TOTAL JOKE because its utterly stupid to yell how precious black lives are and yet every day blacks kill each other like its nothing and often over the stupidest of reasons. That's how much black lives actually matter to black people.
The murder rate is higher among blacks, because poverty is high among blacks and most blacks live in inner cities (more people to kill.) Your second "point" about how black men behave is meaningless. This is not how black men act, this is how some black men act. Noting how some black men act is not justification for discrimination. See, my response was meaningful and I used far less words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events