Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 12:07 AM

1,136 posts, read 923,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Wasn't there a mob of white skateboarders who almost beat a young black guy to death and then spit on him... wait, that was a movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3O4dCcWeSs
Teen 'sport killings' of homeless on the rise - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 12:09 AM

1,136 posts, read 923,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I wonder if Obama will comment on if he had sons for these misunderstood youths?

I wont hold my breath waiting.
Other than you, who has actually called them misunderstood?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:12 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
, 80% of people executed since the death penalty was reinstated have been executed for murders involving white victims."
Interracial killings are often also stranger killings, without the "extenuating circumstances" of relationships, and more likely to result in the death penalty. The victims in such cases are overwhelmingly white. How would you like to even things up here? ... more white on black stranger killings?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:23 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Interracial killings are often also stranger killings, without the "extenuating circumstances" of relationships, and more likely to result in the death penalty. The victims in such cases are overwhelmingly white. How would you like to even things up here? ... more white on black stranger killings?
I need you to source that interracial crimes are often, like more often than not, stranger crimes. When you get that source, come at me. I gave you a fact and you gave me your hunch. Also, that 80% includes white on white crime too. Anyway you slice it, 80% of those sentenced to death killed a white person, so those who murdered a black person are less likely to get the death penalty. Not only are 50% of all violent crimes committed by black people, 50% of the victims are black as well. As I have said, blacks who are murdered get little to no justice.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:27 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
No. The problem is when a black person murders a white person they go to jail. When a black person murders a black person they go to jail. But when a white person (or police office) murders a black person, they don't get charged. They don't get jail time. They get lenient sentences.

There's always a crowd their to question the innocence of the murder victim when the victim is black. When was the last time a white murder victim's reputation was questioned? When was the last time a white murder victim was ridiculed on national news?
Three white Mississippi men sentenced for hate crimes | Reuters

"Three white men who pleaded guilty in Mississippi to hate crimes that included a black man's death were sentenced in federal court on Tuesday to between seven and 50 years in prison."

"Dedmon received a 50-year federal prison sentence. He had previously been sentenced in state court to two life sentences."

State irons out details of fatal Waffle House shooting

Black man shot white thug in self defense. Not charged.

Quote:
Here's a question that I wonder if anyone will answer: What do you think middle class, upper middle class, rich, married, "decent" Blacks need/should/could do to rein in poor/working class blacks and their children?
Mentor a child. Start there.

http://www.mentoring2manhood.org/

24-year-old black youth mentor trying to make a difference and other notes from crime forum | savannahnow.com

Inspiring Program Makes a Difference for Black Children in Madison, Wisc. - Atlanta Blackstar

BMe helps black men make a positive difference in their communities - CSMonitor.com

http://unitedforimpact.org/uploads/a...ook_060414.pdf

Empowerment of African American Teen Girls and Young Girls | Afro Puffs and Ponytails, Inc.

Mentoring : Girls Who Rule The World

Michelle Obama Announces Mentoring Program For Girls | News One

Honey Shine Mentoring Program

Old 05-14-2015, 01:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Minorities can try to move away from race-centered identity all we like, but we will always be seen and treated as "other". Race identity is one of the few tools blacks in America have used to get as far as we are now. We have used our unity as a people to our benefit for political and economic gain. We have some ways to go, but if you want to see what happens to black people who have a splintered identity, see Brazil. It's not the successful rainbow nation they pretend to be.
Quote:
Here's a question that I wonder if anyone will answer: What do you think middle class, upper middle class, rich, married, "decent" Blacks need/should/could do to rien in poor/working class blacks and their children?
You want to have your cake and eat it too. In example one you say Black race is united & works together to achieve entitlement, rights, financial gain, political power, etc. You then go on to prove this by making numerous posts using statistics where you claim proof of Blacks suffering at the hand of unfair White devils.

Yet in 2nd example you imply that a united Black community should NOT be held responsible for problems the that individual Blacks cause themselves and the rest of society. As in the example of this topic where 50-100 Blacks beat up an old White man, it's not a responsibility of the Black community to address.

i.e. You want all the honey but only from someone else's beehive. It's a hypocritical approach at best. If there is truly a desire not to be treated as "others" then it takes accepting responsibility instead of always casting blame.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:17 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
There have been stories in the past of groups of white teens attacking homeless people actually.
If you dig back far enough you will find such stories. My comment was to find these types of stories and events happening on a daily or weekly basis not just occasionally.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
When people are fighting they are pumped full of adrenaline and irrational. You should never physically try to break up a fight between people you do not know.
There were two female teens fighting on this man's truck. All he did was ask them to stop fighting on his truck but you say he should never do that because people fighting are irrational and pumped full of adrenaline. Yet he was savagely beaten by dozens of other teens, not just the original two. That is worse than animals. Some people here cannot even accept the fact that this man was innocent and did not deserve what these young criminals did to him. Some of you people want to blame the victim.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:15 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You want to have your cake and eat it too. In example one you say Black race is united & works together to achieve entitlement, rights, financial gain, political power, etc. You then go on to prove this by making numerous posts using statistics where you claim proof of Blacks suffering at the hand of unfair White devils.

Yet in 2nd example you imply that a united Black community should NOT be held responsible for problems the that individual Blacks cause themselves and the rest of society. As in the example of this topic where 50-100 Blacks beat up an old White man, it's not a responsibility of the Black community to address.

i.e. You want all the honey but only from someone else's beehive. It's a hypocritical approach at best. If there is truly a desire not to be treated as "others" then it takes accepting responsibility instead of always casting blame.

Exactly...

Old 05-14-2015, 06:37 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
The murder rate is higher among blacks, because poverty is high among blacks and most blacks live in inner cities (more people to kill.) Your second "point" about how black men behave is meaningless. This is not how black men act, this is how some black men act. Noting how some black men act is not justification for discrimination. See, my response was meaningful and I used far less words.
Bingo. It's poverty, not pigmentation.

The poverty has it's roots in history for obvious reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events