Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 03:53 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I was wondering why he just didn't get in his car and move to back up. Or why he didn't retreat to a safe area and call the police.
I'm guessing he approached the mob of kids and wasn't able to escape in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
You're right, so much better just to let them beat me to death or at least put me in the ICU battling for my life.

Truth is, the gun probably would've made them think twice about attacking and would've prevented the attack from happening to begin with. If the victim fired the gun, they would probably scram like cockroaches in all directions........ then they would probably call the police and claim their lives were threatened by the mean white man....... national news steps in, mean whitey is on front page of all websites, Al Sharpton, Lynch, etc.
He could have called the cops before confronting a mob of teenagers.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you had a mob of 50 descending upon you, would you rather be armed or not armed?
I wouldn't have confronted them in the first place. I would have called the police.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:04 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I was wondering why he just didn't get in his car and move to back up. Or why he didn't retreat to a safe area and call the police.
I suppose there are people out there, like this guy, who are old-fashioned enough to believe it's safe to tell a bunch of teens to get off his car and move along.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
If you aim right and use the right ammo...... you could get two maybe even three with one bullet. Harm who else?? another one in the mob?? I would be willing to bet that group of 50 would melt away pretty fast when they get splattered with some guts...........Nothing like the sound of a 357 magnum to make you Stop and think about the error of your ways.
Please reread the words you quoted. I said "if they missed you." not you missing them.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Oh, I don't know, maybe the forum censor which gives (*'s) for the N word, S word, F word, etc., corresponded to your post.
Such as if you type the following;

I don't give a ****

or

All black people are ******s

or

Go **** yourself

Another words, your post that I quoted looked as if the N word was typed as what you may have speculated he said.

Regardless, whether he came out offering apple pie and Bible quotes, or said something derogatory, it was still no excuse for people to then attack him, much less beat him to within an inch of his life.
On that hopefully we agree.

`
The censored word I put in quotes was only four letters long so It couldn't have been the N word. Why would you assume a four letter word is the N word?

Also since I said "happened to him is horrible. I am surprised and happy he survived" Why would you hope we agree it was inexcusable? We obviously agree it was inexcusable.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I suppose there are people out there, like this guy, who are old-fashioned enough to believe it's safe to tell a bunch of teens to get off his car and move along.
They really shouldn't, especially a large group of teens. Teens do horrible things. They attack people in groups, the gang rape people, they destroy property in groups. Teenage men pumped full of testosterone not understanding the proper ways to let out their aggression are dangerous.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:32 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Ah where was George Zimmerman when you needed him. I am sure he carries a high capacity magazine plus reloads.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:53 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Can you post a link to any news story where a white person has been villified for using a gun to protect their personal property?
Just off the top of my head, I can name some police officers who were protecting their life.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:53 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
He could have called the cops before confronting a mob of teenagers.
She could have thought twice before she wore that dress in that part of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events