Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:42 AM

335 posts, read 376,558 times

Advertisements

The video shows nothing. If you were not there you can't judge.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:00 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I think its just the head of a bigger problem that is arising. I agree that we have a Policing problem, but we also have a criminal justice problem in some areas. And some laws that are just unjust, and most likely Unconstitutional.

If Police were just harassing criminals I don't think you would've seen the backlash you've seen. It's not the criminals who are upset. They're usually just happy to get away.
Yes.. and be sure not to include that CRIMINALS are the problem. On no, HOW WOULD THAT FIT INTO YOUR AGENDA?>

Old 05-17-2015, 06:37 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Yeah, I try to believe that most cops do and adequate or better job.

But like most professions, covering-up for the screwups is seen as a way to keep your profession from getting smeared:

Here is a innocent victim of total incompetence......and the person who did the shooting is free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjq7Uua264

Old 05-17-2015, 07:14 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yeah, I try to believe that most cops do and adequate or better job.

But like most professions, covering-up for the screwups is seen as a way to keep your profession from getting smeared:

Here is a innocent victim of total incompetence......and the person who did the shooting is free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjq7Uua264
There was no cover up in this case.
The officer was fired and convicted ... the state supreme court has granted the officer a new trial saying the lower court erred on the charges. The shooting victim received a 5 million dollar civil award.He was never charged for the fleeing and eluding that led up to him being shot.

You see a victim of incompetence... I see a biker who did something stupid.. a lightweight crime which set in motion a set of circumstances that proved harmful to him.A simple fact is the biker made a choice.. it proved to be a bad one. The officer made a choice.. it proved to be a bad one.
Two people can see things entirely different. The jury got to see the dashcam video 100 times. The ex officer made a spilt second wrong decision

Last edited by notmeofficer; 05-17-2015 at 07:23 PM..

Old 05-17-2015, 08:31 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
I can't stand anyone who assaults or kills another person for no reason whether they are in authority or not..

I also understand a lot of times when things are happening the adrenaline is pumping and people are sometimes making split second decisions it can be hard to get calm or stop what is going on...

I also understand that if we would NOT just slap people hands when they do "BAD,VILE,EVIL" things then the cops "might not be as aggressive as they are...

I also hate the "videos" that people take as they ONLY show PART of what is going on..Or they are edited to try and get a certain point across...

If you take all of these combined it can be hard on everyone no matter which side fo the law they are on....

Old 05-18-2015, 12:30 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
There was no cover up in this case.
The officer was fired and convicted ... the state supreme court has granted the officer a new trial saying the lower court erred on the charges. The shooting victim received a 5 million dollar civil award.He was never charged for the fleeing and eluding that led up to him being shot.

You see a victim of incompetence... I see a biker who did something stupid.. a lightweight crime which set in motion a set of circumstances that proved harmful to him.A simple fact is the biker made a choice.. it proved to be a bad one. The officer made a choice.. it proved to be a bad one.
Two people can see things entirely different. The jury got to see the dashcam video 100 times. The ex officer made a spilt second wrong decision

SEE, this is what I mean!!!!!!!

The guy is now crippled, an innocent guy blasted by an incompetent!

Nice job treading water for that thin-blue-line!

Here is my latest run-in with a Cop:

I was riding my bike home the other day.....going through the airport industrial area owned by the city. So, I was taking my usual break before going the last leg, up a hill, to my apartment. I was standing in an open area next to the fenced operational area (runways, hangars, etc) of the airport. The area I was standing in was close to the outbound roadways leading away from the airport......I was about 1/2 block away from the roadway. The reason I walk this short distance to take my break, is to not breath car exhaust while catching my breath and I don't want some cellphone-watching driver to run me over. Well, so I am standing there minding my own business in this open area.....there is NO fencing or gates blocking off this area, no signage putting it off limits. As I am standing there, one of the airport police drives up, walks over to me and starts questioning me. I am polite at first and tell him I am just taking a break from my ride. THEN, he asks for my ID. I say, what for???? Well, he says, you are trespassing! HAH, I just say to him, I'M OUTTA HERE.......and I walked off, and he did not say a thing. I see him as I am getting my bike and comment "this is the new America after 9-1-1 and you are part of the problem". Well, I kinda feel bad about this comment I made to him....but by that time I was pretty ticked off. On a side note, another airport police officer, a couple of months earlier, followed me with her police vehicle for over 1/2 a mile.......I ended up angrily confronting her, and I think I scared her, she might have been ready to shoot me as I quickly and aggressively walked towards her cruiser. TRUE STORY!

Old 05-18-2015, 12:51 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
SEE, this is what I mean!!!!!!!

The guy is now crippled, an innocent guy blasted by an incompetent!

Nice job treading water for that thin-blue-line!

Here is my latest run-in with a Cop:

I was riding my bike home the other day.....going through the airport industrial area owned by the city. So, I was taking my usual break before going the last leg, up a hill, to my apartment. I was standing in an open area next to the fenced operational area (runways, hangars, etc) of the airport. The area I was standing in was close to the outbound roadways leading away from the airport......I was about 1/2 block away from the roadway. The reason I walk this short distance to take my break, is to not breath car exhaust while catching my breath and I don't want some cellphone-watching driver to run me over. Well, so I am standing there minding my own business in this open area.....there is NO fencing or gates blocking off this area, no signage putting it off limits. As I am standing there, one of the airport police drives up, walks over to me and starts questioning me. I am polite at first and tell him I am just taking a break from my ride. THEN, he asks for my ID. I say, what for???? Well, he says, you are trespassing! HAH, I just say to him, I'M OUTTA HERE.......and I walked off, and he did not say a thing. I see him as I am getting my bike and comment "this is the new America after 9-1-1 and you are part of the problem". Well, I kinda feel bad about this comment I made to him....but by that time I was pretty ticked off. On a side note, another airport police officer, a couple of months earlier, followed me with her police vehicle for over 1/2 a mile.......I ended up angrily confronting her, and I think I scared her, she might have been ready to shoot me as I quickly and aggressively walked towards her cruiser. TRUE STORY!
And we pay for that. So stupid

Old 05-18-2015, 05:30 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Are there bad cops ? Absolutely, just like there are bad Doctors, Lawyers, Nurses, and people in every other profession. HOWEVER, the vast majority of police officers are good cops are hard working, have families and lives just like the rest of us, and who want to make a difference and to keep us safe.

Last Friday I had to call the Sheriff to come to my shop because my trailer had been stolen. The Deputy showed up quickly, was very helpful, and very pleasant to deal with. When we were done, I said to him, "By the way, the majority of us thank you guys for the great job you do for us. I know you get little thanks these days and just wanted you to know how most people feel." He looked surprised that someone was actually saying something nice to him and he said "I have 3 years left, and I can't wait to get out. Things have changed so much and are getting worse, and we are called on the carpet any time someone thinks we spoke to them in the wrong tone."

I told him that I wouldn't have his job for all the money in the world, and I know that it is a tough job, but one that needs to be done to keep the rest of us safe. And that is the way I truly feel.

Don

Old 05-18-2015, 06:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yes.. and be sure not to include that CRIMINALS are the problem. On no, HOW WOULD THAT FIT INTO YOUR AGENDA?>
I don't follow

Old 05-18-2015, 06:25 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
There seems to be a backlash building whereas the media is producing stories on "heroic cops" in order, it seems, to counter all the stories and bad publicity recently about bad cops.

But here is the thing.

Good cops don't need defending for their good actions. Most people are happy to see them going about their duties (i.e. doing their jobs). What people DON'T WANT is this attitude and tradition where bad cop are still being protected... in my eyes this throws out so much of a "good cop's" honorable reputation and makes them just another part of the problem.

U.S. Marshal Allegedly Pistol Whips Man During Road Rage Incident

My question here is. Why was this US Marshal not arrested for assault ON THE SPOT by the local cops instead of having a friendly chit chat?

I hope there is more to this that has not come out. But for now it just looks like more cops letting other cops slide on an obvious crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERINQZQjBZA
Ever heard of the term "Blue Shield'?

to denote the unwritten rule that exists among police officers not to report on a colleague's errors, misconducts, or crimes. If questioned about an incident of misconduct involving another officer (e.g. during the course of an official inquiry), while following the code, the officer being questioned would claim ignorance of another officer's wrongdoing.

The Military has it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events