Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 07:29 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The link came up invalid so I found the story elsewhere....

Massachusetts Dad Realizes He Forgot 1-Year-Old Baby in Car, Calls 911 From Train - ABC News

I tell ya,SOME PPL SHOULDNT BE PARENTS!!!!!!!! -- How do you forget a living being??

I TELL YA,PEOPLE ARE SO SCREWED UP ITS NOT FUNNY!! (He is very lucky they didnt take the baby away from him!!!!! (The Govt THINKS they own everyones children))

Amen!!! I can't believe the nonchalant comments that support this man. Nobody cares that he left his baby in the car? How exactly does someone do that, only to suddenly remember half-an-hour later?

Society gets crazier by the day. Nothing is sacred. Madness prevails. Support for the insanity increases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 10:52 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Amen!!! I can't believe the nonchalant comments that support this man. Nobody cares that he left his baby in the car? How exactly does someone do that, only to suddenly remember half-an-hour later?

Society gets crazier by the day. Nothing is sacred. Madness prevails. Support for the insanity increases.
You do realize that this is a sadly not uncommon occurrence. And most of the time, the end result is the tragic death of a child. At least in this case, the father realized in time to prevent harm.

Maybe this story can be a reminder that prevents a death this summer, but I'm not optimistic, as they continue to occur every year.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:59 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

So tell me, what would be the appropriate punishment in your view? Attempted murder/manslaughter?

Mick

Old 05-17-2015, 11:08 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The link came up invalid so I found the story elsewhere....

Massachusetts Dad Realizes He Forgot 1-Year-Old Baby in Car, Calls 911 From Train - ABC News

I tell ya,SOME PPL SHOULDNT BE PARENTS!!!!!!!! -- How do you forget a living being??

I TELL YA,PEOPLE ARE SO SCREWED UP ITS NOT FUNNY!! (He is very lucky they didnt take the baby away from him!!!!! (The Govt THINKS they own everyones children))
It is an easy error to make and don't think you could not make it. It happens when parents are out of their routine.

What Kind Of Parent Forgets A Child In A Broiling Car?

Here is a simple trick to prevent it.

Here’s a Simple Trick to Prevent People From Forgetting Children in the Back of Hot Cars | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 05-17-2015, 11:17 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
Exactly, SPOT ON

Babies should not be facing backwards either, too easy to forget them especially after many nights of no sleep. And he risked being arrested, nowadays you could spend the rest of your life in jail for one mistake but he risked it anyways. Obviously a loving parent.

This is the exact wording almost I just placed in a greenie before reading this
According to safety experts, rear facing is much safer and we should keep babies rear facing for the longest possible time.

How long to keep your child in a rear-facing car seat | BabyCenter

Quote:
For safety's sake, it's best to keep your child rear-facing until he reaches the seat's maximum height and weight limits.

Many parents used to turn the seat to face front as soon as their child celebrated his first birthday. But in 2011 the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) revised its policy, citing a study that found children younger than 2 are 75 percent less likely to be killed or injured in a car crash if they're in a rear-facing car seat.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
With all this smart technology there has got to be someway to
alert a driver that a child is still inside the car...

LOL...you mean like the technology to tell these idiots who cross the street texting to be able to see what is going on around them on the phone? How about looking where you're going, and save the texting till you're out of harms way?

While I am glad this turned out well, I don't get how you forget to drop off the child at daycare. This was a short drive to the train station, how do you forget so quickly, and when you get out of the car your body turns, how do you not see a sleeping child in a car seat in the back?

And considering the abnormally warm weather in the NE, he is lucky he remembered in the morning, and not a lunch time.

Maybe the guy has a lot on his mind, IDK, but hopefully he has learned something from this. I'm sure he will get grief from family.

Thankfully it turned out well this time, that's not always the case.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:48 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,733,373 times
He manned up to the mistake and did the right thing.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:47 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL...you mean like the technology to tell these idiots who cross the street texting to be able to see what is going on around them on the phone? How about looking where you're going, and save the texting till you're out of harms way?

While I am glad this turned out well, I don't get how you forget to drop off the child at daycare. This was a short drive to the train station, how do you forget so quickly, and when you get out of the car your body turns, how do you not see a sleeping child in a car seat in the back?
Even if we don't understand it, it does happen and if anything could prevent it then it would be
a wonderful thing...

Old 05-17-2015, 05:51 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Being a spacey type I actually do see how the parent that does not usually drop off the child could
forget..

I have paid for my food at one fast food window, driven off without my food and only realized
5 minutes later that I didn't get my food...I have left my groceries at the curb for pickup and driven home without them..
Both times I had a million things on my mind...

Old 05-17-2015, 06:12 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Well, at least he didn't put the poor baby on top of the car.....forget about it, then start driving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events