Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 12:53 PM

1,136 posts, read 922,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not sure what you mean by the sentence in bold

Beyond that, I agree with the section in blue, but just forgot to add that into the mix.

Still the morals/values that use to exist more in many black communities seems to be going in the opposite direction. Whether they are not getting it at home, in school, in church, or a combo is something that needs to be figured out and corrected.

That last word should be affected. Many poor white people rely on a lot of the benefits that poor black people do as well. Its kind of like medicare. Republicans claim to want to cut it but Bush expanded it and Romney blasted Obama for the cuts he wanted to make. These are just talking points to these politicians. They are not looking for real solutions . They only want to get there side riled up. Both sides want thier constituients to feel under siege.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 01:12 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The thing is these kinds of mob attacks and violence MOSTLY involve blacks and that's the problem. This isn't an 'American' issue, its a black issue that is as bad or even worse than it was many years ago. Just as people and especially blacks are happy that cameras are around to catch cops when they're doing something wrong, I'm just as happy that cameras are around to show that this kind of behavior involves many more than 'just a minority of blacks'.

Seriously I don't know how people can see so many videos of bad black behavior every single week and still come to the conclusion that these kinds of incidents aren't a daily occurance all over the US. As I've asked numerous times before, how can there be so much video of blacks acting like this exist and yet non-blacks which are at least SEVEN TIMES the population of blacks in the US produce only a tiny fraction of videos that show them behaving badly? With cameras being everywhere catching everything these days that's literally IMPOSSIBLE unless blacks are indeed behaving like this on a daily basis.
Since you're bringing up mob attacks, Jesse Washington a teenage African American farmhand was attacked on this date in 1916 by a white mob in what became known as The Waco Horror. 10,000 spectators, including city officials and police, gathered to watch the attack. Members of the mob castrated Washington, cut off his fingers, and hung him over a bonfire. He was repeatedly lowered and raised over the fire to delay his death. After the fire was extinguished, Jesse Washington's charred torso was dragged through the town and parts of his body were sold as souvenirs.

When neo-confederates bring up a violent people there's no need to look too far...

Old 05-15-2015, 02:11 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
Confirming stereotypes daily.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:25 PM

613 posts, read 463,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Nice rant, now you are being just as judgmental as those you are calling out
Some people need to be called out.

I can't believe how backwards you people can be.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:26 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Confirming stereotypes daily.
And stuff such as what is mentioned in this post breaks stereotypes and goes against it. //www.city-data.com/forum/39624623-post7.html

Old 05-15-2015, 03:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
DeSoto,TX. 69% Black, 55% of the businesses are Black-owned,and according to the city-data information provided, a crime index of 281.7, which is lower than the national average. In short, middle class predominantly Black suburb with a low crime rate. No mob attacks going on there.
You should read the comments on that video's page. Those affluent blacks in the video are only a small fraction of the town's population. There's plenty of ghetto blacks. Blacks are actually moving out of DeSoto.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:12 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Seriously I don't know how people can see so many videos of bad black behavior every single week and still come to the conclusion that these kinds of incidents aren't a daily occurance all over the US. As I've asked numerous times before, how can there be so much video of blacks acting like this exist and yet non-blacks which are at least SEVEN TIMES the population of blacks in the US produce only a tiny fraction of videos that show them behaving badly? With cameras being everywhere catching everything these days that's literally IMPOSSIBLE unless blacks are indeed behaving like this on a daily basis.
And it's not just black males, it's females too. What's worse is that several blacks on this forum blame whites(!) for this type of black behavior. Crazy isn't it?

Old 05-15-2015, 03:19 PM

613 posts, read 463,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Honestly, what can I do ?
When, then. Don't act self-righteous and criticize blacks for not "helping" other blacks if you aren't doing anything to help the violence issue yourself.

Just so you know, you don't have to be that race to do things to help issues impacting certain communities.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:29 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,889,961 times
While the violent perps unfortunately appear to have escaped identification and arrest, I am at least pleased that forever more when someone Googles Don Balmain, the gleeful photographer shouting out to "Kill him!" towards the attackers of the innocent bystander trying to break up the initial fight, this precious snippet of his life will pop up first to define him. Such as, say, a prospective employer.

Sorry Don Balmain, whatever career dreams you might have had just went down the drain as the whole world now knows of your evil and violent heart.

Not that I really ever patronize McDonalds or most any other fast food place, (or even a suburban Chucky Cheese, by similarily posted videos), I certainly now know to absolutely never set foot in one in the inner city, especially near a high school.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:38 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
And it's not just black males, it's females too. What's worse is that several blacks on this forum blame whites(!) for this type of black behavior. Crazy isn't it?
Besides that ghetto troll account that mysteriously appeared who's blaming Whites?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events