Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 12:54 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Complete speculation, driven by a pathological hatred of law enforcement. Talk about BS.
It's not speculation at all. It's the reported fact. Some bikers stabbed each other,
then one of them pulled out a gun, then the police opened fire with automatic
weapons, slaying nine of them. That's what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 01:06 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
By not to that degree is that they will probably not be huge numbers of them in a public bar in a strip mall in broad daylight all carrying guns on their hips. By hallmark, I meant the picture that comes to people's mind when they think of the term "wild, wild west".
Nobody was wearing guns on their hips except the police. Stick to actual facts please ... not hypothetical future scenarios should certain laws be passed. FYI open carry is NOT legal in Texas yet. It has passed the house and has been sent to the senate. It is not law. I'm sorry if that's inconvenient for your vividly painted wild west story.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:16 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well considering Texas is now an open-carry state, I don't think we'll see it to the same degree there, or at least an incident quite like this one. Pretty much the hallmark of the wild wild west is people walking around wearing holsters and guns.
Since, it's illegal for felons to own firearms, I don't think we will see many 1%ers wearing holsters with guns. They will continue to conceal them.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:16 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
It's not speculation at all. It's the reported fact. Some bikers stabbed each other,
then one of them pulled out a gun, then the police opened fire with automatic
weapons, slaying nine of them. That's what happened.
Hm, can you direct me to where the official reports are? Because I'm only seeing blogs that are declaring this "fact". And that the official reports haven't been made public yet.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:31 PM

4,134 posts, read 2,836,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No doubt, there are double standards but I don't see anyone defending the White and Mexican bikers. You won't see a Rev Al equivalent defending these thugs.
You missed this gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
No bystander suffered any injury or threat. Given the number of participants in the melee it strains reason to think this was accidental. It's obvious that the bikers were very careful to protect outsiders. let's hope that the prosecutors let this event go. it was a battle of men who have their own code. They weren't bothering anyone else; they're 21st century knights.

This is reminiscent of the Sandbar Fight. I think that Jim Bowie would been right at home in Waco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbar_Fight

Old 05-19-2015, 02:19 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,322,500 times
Oh my, the media discovers outlaw biker gangs!

The history and violence of American motorcycle gangs - CNN Video

Old 05-19-2015, 02:33 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,985 times
So my question is if the blogs are correct and the cops gunned down these bikers without the bikers threatening the cops with harm, is Sharpton and the lives matter groups going to head down to Waco to protest?

Old 05-19-2015, 02:39 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You keep spewing this garbage - please show the proof that this is true.
Why don't you go ahead and share your infinite wisdom with all of us. You seem to think you have some vast knowledge. Or take the easy way out and try to insult me. LOL. I really don't offend easily so have at it. And lick a cops butt too while you're at it.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:40 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times
Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaboom View Post
what i want to know is where are the white fathers in all of this? Why are they not demanding school uniforms and discipline, to prevent this type of thing from happening?

Old 05-19-2015, 02:43 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
So my question is if the blogs are correct and the cops gunned down these bikers without the bikers threatening the cops with harm, is Sharpton and the lives matter groups going to head down to Waco to protest?
I'm sure they are on there way right now as we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events