Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 01:43 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

You need a Political based Movement. And a change in media. Not a crackdown in law enforcement. Do you understand some of the reasons why we just had riots???

People never listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 02:07 PM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

I think the media and rich people have some of you all's perspectives skewed.
Your answer to my question seemed to just focus on positive things you feel about it. So my request to put bias aside seems to not have been given credence.

Heck now that I think about it, aside from the infamous "Daily machine", hasn't IL had 6 governors charged with crimes, and 4 served or are serving prison time?
How does one explain such a crazy stat?

Old 05-19-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Your answer to my question seemed to just focus on positive things you feel about it. So my request to put bias aside seems to not have been given credence.

Heck now that I think about it, aside from the infamous "Daily machine", hasn't IL had 6 governors charged with crimes, and 4 served or are serving prison time?
How does one explain such a crazy stat?
What does that have to do with me? Are you not American? Is the city not in your country?

How do YOU explain that stat??

I really don't get what point your making. Yes our government is corrupt as in your government too.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:10 PM

575 posts, read 615,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
It would just seem like the city voters would be up in arms and demanding more done to stop the violence. this is worse than the 20's mob wars. It needs crackdown in law enforcement not a political issue based movement. Any party interested in drawing street thug votes means something is wrong with that parties stances. We see one incident in Waco and 200 arrest not just the shooters and RICO being enforced there. We need a investigation under RICO against criminal gangs there and in the riots. People don't just show up from NY and California on their own. This DOJ just seems disinterested I anything but never letting a crisis be wasted politically. Obama seems to careless about the violence and enforcing the laws.
All of the shootings happen in marginalized areas, so basically no one cares except the people that live there. I live downtown and the shootings have exactly no impact on me. The residents of these areas do protest the shootings, but the protests are peaceful and receive little attention.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:25 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,133,422 times
Chicago and pretty much anywhere else in the US cant do much about gang shootings and retaliation shootings, as the police cant possibly be everywhere 24/7. They can place more cops out there, but unless there is a cop at every single block, you cant stop these wild shootings they have.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:36 PM

Instead of blaming the people living in fear all the time, how about blaming the politicians and the media. The ones getting paid to address those types of problems.

Some things are strategic.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:53 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm with The Movement. We were the ones fighting for gun rights in the black community. Barking up the wrong tree. We're not Democrats.
You haven't even demonstrated that "The Movement" is really nothing more than "A Figment" of someone's imagination.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:55 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,074,903 times
Some city sections are just as bad as Detroit!

Old 05-19-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You haven't even demonstrated that "The Movement" is really nothing more than "A Figment" of someone's imagination.
I'm not stupid.

It's something you'll never be involved in and something you can't stop.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:31 PM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Not to mention every time I read "TheMovement" here it brings to mind bowel movement. I think the name was poorly conceived as a quick search online does not bring up this great movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events