Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 08:16 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Leisesturm, you're overthinking this. Young black males want to emulate sports & music stars, not physicists. Your amazing IQ should tell you this. It's cooler to be the next Kanye than it is Neil Tyson Degrasse or Clarence Thomas.
Clarence Thomas? They should strive to be Thurgood Marshall. Now that's a Supreme Court Justice that helped change this world for the better. Thurgood Marshall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 09:09 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
An IQ test does not measure how "intelligent" a person is. An IQ test measures how educated a person is. There are uneducated geniuses and educated idiots at the extreme ends of the bell curve, but in the hump, i.e. where the majority of humanity falls, a more educated person will score higher on a standardized IQ test.

That the United States was 18th or 20th on that world ranking should be the shocker, not that Sierra Leone ranks near the bottom... or top if you rank from worst. And why do that? Why only go 10 places down from worst, but go 30 places down from best if your desire is not to single out the African Continent for Low Intelligence Shaming. Why weren't any Caribbean Islands on that list? Because it would negatively skew results aimed at presenting Asians and Whites in the best possible light.

Jews? In the U.S. Jews are not considered different from white. Their achievements are not categorized separately except by white people using them to make a point. A poor one since COLOR has always been the trump, and a white black person can do as well as any other kind of white person all things considered. But Jews also have Israel. What other 'race' of people have been given their own country, and an allowance of $3 Billion USD to spend as they wish!? Give American Blacks that and then we'll talk about Black anything you want to discuss.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:20 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
But Jews also have Israel. What other 'race' of people have been given their own country, and an allowance of $3 Billion USD to spend as they wish!? Give American Blacks that and then we'll talk about Black anything you want to discuss.
Perhaps you're not familiar with the West African nation of Liberia?

History of Liberia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Perhaps you're not familiar with the West African nation of Liberia?

History of Liberia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Only proves my point. Jews having Israel isn't enough by itself. Jews being white is MUCH more important to their success. But it doesn't hurt. Does Liberia get $3B/yr. in ongoing remittances from America or Europe?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:35 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,966,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Jews are white. You can't look at a person and tell they're Jewish. Huge difference.
You completely missed the point of my post. War beagle explains well why I bought up the Jews so he saved me some typing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The Africans had everything taken away from them, were forced into slavery and were discriminated against. The Jews had everything taken away from them multiple times throughout history, were forced into slavery multiple times throughout history, were discriminated against multiple times throughout history and then were nearly exterminated.

By all accounts, the Jews have had a rougher go of it than Africans in America. However, they are probably the most successful demographic group in this country. What is the difference? Culture and values are surely a huge part of it. I suspect the fact that Ashkenazi Jews have the highest average IQ of any demographic group has aided them also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
your response is an example of how out of touch people are with reality. It's so bereft of thought that I am embarrassed for you. Successful Black people don't exhibit stereotypical behavior lol. That is the dumbest thing I've read in the last 48hrs. Do unsuccessful Asians or non Blacks exhibit stereotypical behavior or is this your one size fits all logic strictly reserved for Blacks? Completely empty statement by the way. Gosh the things you read on cd explains the need to implement critical thinking courses in our school system.

Using the plight of the Jews in comparison to Slavery clearly illustrates the difference in how groups are perceived, the struggles and impact, opportunities afforded to each group and furthermore explains the root cause of most of the issues facing the Black communities. The fact that you and your ilk think they're complaining or making excuse is totally irrelevant and completely far from the truth! Why is it sacrilegious to downplay the holocaust but kosher to ignore the impact of institutionalized oppression and slavery on the Black community? I digress.

I read lots of threads about topics that I have very little knowledge about and do some research to enlighten myself. May not even post in those threads; after all life is about learning and improving. My suggestion is to educate yourself with facts and stop posting emotionally charged gibberish that one would expect from 9th graders.
I love how you point out that "I'm out of touch" and how my posts are "emotionally charged gibberish." I noticed you never actually gave a logical or factual reason for any of your accusations. In fact, all you did was go on a rant and a personal attack. Its kind of like all your other posts where you go on rants and talk nonsense based on your feelings. By the way using pretty non common words in your posts doesn't make anyone think your making sense.

However, I will actually respond to all your baseless remarks though I doubt you posses a comprehension level high enough to grasp what I will write.

1. What I typed about successful blacks not possessing negative stereotypes that impede success is just common sense. Obviously, its a generalization that only applies most of the time and is not a blanket statement for all successful black people. For example, blaming White (and slavery to be exact) for their inability to succeed and not focusing on education are two stereotypes that are common among blacks. These are deficiencies that would make it extremely difficult for almost anyone to be successful. For one, blaming others for your problems means that an individual is incapable of self growth and self improvement. And not focusing on education is an obvious flaw.

This applies to any race. Whether your Black, White, Asian etc. its irrelevant. Those two traits are detriment to success. The reason these traits are mostly associated with blacks is because a higher percentage of blacks compared to other races usually incorporate this into their behavior. So obviously, the majority of successful blacks probably don't possess those two qualities. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about that. And in regards to your other statement regarding non successful Asians the answer is yes. A stereotype for Asian culture is the focus on education. So chances are that an unsuccessful Asian didn't follow the Asian stereotype and decided not to focus on education.

2. Your comments about the Jew's literally makes you everything you accused me of being. Seriously, do you not understand simple concepts? Once again the reason why others and myself are using Jews as an example has absolutely NOTHING to do with being able to talk about the holocaust and ignoring slavery. It has everything to do with the fact that they were able to become successful regardless of their plight while blacks haven't. Its an extremely simple concept. Are you just ignoring this point because it literally invalidates most of the nonsense you wrote or are you seriously that dense?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:47 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
First of all, you can look at the name (on the resume, application and elsewhere) and tell in many cases if a person is Jewish. "Dershowitz", "Mossberg" or "Goldstein." Not always, but quite often.

Second, many Jewish people I know have very prominent facial features folks normally associate with the Jews. If you see Larry King or Alan Dershowitz on the street, you can probably guess that they are a Jew.

Mick
You have to be kidding me. How can you distinguish someone who is Jewish from an Arabic, Greek or any group from the Mediterranean or Middle East? Guess what those groups have in common? They're white.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:56 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
You completely missed the point of my post.
I got your point. I just disagree. The Jews were discriminated against but they still retained their culture and way of life. African Americans on the other hand had their culture completely destroyed.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:59 AM

Which U.S. cities have become the most 'hypersegregated?' | Princeton study | NJ.com

Old 05-20-2015, 11:10 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,094,775 times
I noticed most if not all of those cities are liberal.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:05 PM

What is your definition of "liberal". I didn't think of it in terms of political labels, but lets do that. Mobile, AL? Winston-Salem? Dayton, OH? I don't know... I'd say it was pretty evenly split in the final analysis. And? Liberals can't be racist, xenophobic, isolationist? Conservatives can't be color blind? I know and know of very liberal, color-blind white people who would not be comfortable in anything but a hyper-segregated neighborhood. A white, hyper-segregated neighborhood. They are still Liberal. What is your point? It doesn't for a minute mean that things are any better in other cities. Hyper-segregated means just that. More segregated than normal. Segregation of the races in America is a default situation. All segregation has negative consequences, hyper-segregation has all those consequences to an even higher degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events