Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 05:54 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,107,138 times

Advertisements

I may have a sick sense of humor but am I the only one who laughed out loud while reading the story? It's just so bizarre.

Their socks on the floor made me cut the cats into pieces and stick them in the freezer!

Some people just shouldn't have been born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:41 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,106 times
What is it with grannies and hammers?

Old 05-22-2015, 07:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Another horrific situation of animal abuse. People like this make me sick!

Woman says she killed cats because grandchildren wouldn
If we can't protect children from a psychopath like this - how can we ever hope to protect animals?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:21 AM

733 posts, read 852,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Worse things happen to Pigs, Cattle, and Poultry on factory farms, a million times a day. Why is this bad if an individual does it, but fine-'n'-dandy when a corporation causes the torture and death?

And while I'm at it, how do you think the Wild Pig feels about this "Renaissance-style" experience?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1-NIqBYxJ4

No one's saying that. It's all bad. Talking about this specific case does not mean anyone is saying other abuse is okay.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:47 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,021 times
What in hell is wrong with people? is Granny, Norma Louise Bates?

And to think, I have friend who repelled then jumped out of Black Hawk to make two saves, then go back again for the dog.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:13 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
What in hell is wrong with people? is Granny, Norma Louise Bates?

And to think, I have friend who repelled then jumped out of Black Hawk to make two saves, then go back again for the dog.
We need more people like this.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:33 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
The punishment should be a hammer to Granny's head.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:05 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
What granny did is horrific, but keep in mind people who grew up years ago in the country see it as quite normal to kill animals. Hence why she confessed immediately and didn't feel a need to hide it.

I have some older relatives who owned a farm in the country, had animals, and just about every Saturday they would go out and kill a chicken for the next day's meal. (Killing the chickens involved strangling or choking them to death with ropes around their necks!!) Some stabbed or kicked pigs until they died to eat them (horrible), killed random dogs that came up into the land, etc. None of them thought anything of it.

I don't condone it, but many older people still aren't on the animal protection bandwagon. They still view humans as "ABOVE" animals (due to the bible and religious, country upbringing).

The girl will survive.
Granny will continue seeing nothing wrong with her actions.
There's a big difference between a farmer/rancher killing an animal for food, or to protect livestock, and killing a domesticated animal/pet to make a point. She killed the cat to discipline the children because she knew the effect it would have on them. Borders on being sadistic IMO. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:07 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Ok seriously W T F stupid POS Bytch. I hope she dies a painful death like the kitten did.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:20 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
What granny did is horrific, but keep in mind people who grew up years ago in the country see it as quite normal to kill animals. Hence why she confessed immediately and didn't feel a need to hide it.
I grew up quite a few years ago, and my grandmother never hurt a fly. This is not normal, and has never been normal, and if you think it is normal, then you have major problems. Just putting that out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events