Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 02:37 AM

482 posts, read 944,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Did the KKK run over the pizza?

So wrong. lololol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 04:06 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I missed that. I admit to being imperfect. How about you?
Nope not perfect, just pointing it out.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:09 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Nope not perfect, just pointing it out.

I'm glad we can both be reasonable people.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:22 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,257,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Certainly not the first fast food employees in the history of the industry to be out-of-bounds in the area of customer care and won't be the last ones either.

Its really tough for employers like the YUM Corp. to keep these people on point as far as what they are supposed to do, its one of the reasons why its really tough to justify the proposed new $15 minimum wage in this business.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:48 AM

733 posts, read 853,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I have a lot of doubts about the veracity of the report. And just because someone was fired, doesn't mean they did it - remember the thread just a couple weeks ago, with the single mom fired for not "paying back" money robbers stole, because she supposedly didn't empty the tills on time? They had to backtrack on that one.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
On the upside, sounds like there are some job openings at Pizza Hut.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
They ate the pizza anyway? Now, after threatening to sue, they decide to get a medical check and claim they wouldn't eat there again. Sounds like after a couple of beers the two went crazy on the inside lid of that box with a marker.
Yeah, something doesn't seem right about this whole story. Would it be more likely that the pizza employees did this thinking the customers wouldn't notice, thinking they wouldn't lose their job over this, thinking it would just go over with a laugh, knowing there is usually only a few employees making the pizzas so they could easily be identified, or is it a story of a couple of customers looking to cash in on the whole "racist" business who did them wrong? So pay them and go about your business.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:57 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I personally wouldn't have eaten the pizza. Outside of firing the guys what else can pizza hut do? There are crazy racist out there who will do crazy things. Many of these people seem normal at first.
unless Samonte and his pal wrote the slurs themselves for whatever reason, there is no way someone with an iota of intelligence would eat that pizza

what kind of idiot does this, unless he wants to be fired, and beaten severely as his fired ass leaves the store??

Are there that many people working at pizza hut that they cant figure out who wrote this racial crap??

Im not saying this is b.s....but I am skeptical...sure there are plenty of racist idiots...but to risk your job??
And not just your job...I would worry about retaliation...doesn't make sense

Old 05-21-2015, 06:59 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
did pizza hut fire THE three responsible...or did they find three people to blame and fire, to reduce the backlash...did these three admit to doing this...is there any proof...or was it just the 3 who were working that day

I can definitely see the pressure to deal with this situation harshly and immediately, if not fairly...

Old 05-21-2015, 07:34 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
I have a lot of doubts about the veracity of the report. And just because someone was fired, doesn't mean they did it - remember the thread just a couple weeks ago, with the single mom fired for not "paying back" money robbers stole, because she supposedly didn't empty the tills on time? They had to backtrack on that one.
A valid point, but in the case of the manager/cashier who was fired after the robbery, the restaurant had a good case to fire her. She in fact did not properly empty the tills, so I can see the restaurant's point of view that she should pay back that money as it was her responsibility. So a bit different I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events