Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2015, 10:36 AM

4,134 posts, read 2,836,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Once again, another MAN comes onto a website pretending to be a woman trolling online.
Yep, obvious troll is obvious. I mean, he could at least try to connect two coherent thoughts like that Max guy or Waldo, but this... this is just straight up embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 10:36 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Once again, another MAN comes onto a website pretending to be a woman trolling online.
Do you know something the rest of us do not know?

Old 05-23-2015, 10:39 AM

613 posts, read 463,119 times
Wow lol Men pretending to women online is all kinds of pathetic.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:41 AM

How do we know the victims were surprised? Did the accused knock on the door and was let in? Or did he somehow break in? I ask this sincerely because I don't think it has been answered yet. Regarding complacency on the part of the "target", victim in this case, I don't get why the father would be complacent if he was able to protect his family against one person without a gun with his self defense skills. He should have taken him down.[/quote]

Surprise is a very powerful factor. Look at how many trained Police Officers die, now look at a guy who was trained and never actually had to use his skills, he's home, around his family and a person he thought he could trust, his guard is down and the trusted friend makes his move. Lights out.

Quote:
It is so easy to make judgement calls by what the media is feeding us. I am no different. I am trying to keep an open mind rather than form opinions on things I know nothing about yet. However, IMHO, this was not a race crime. It was a "I want what he has/they have" crime, and this type of crime knows no color, race or economic boundries.
True, all we can do Monday Morning QB it.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
Arrest warrant issued for suspect in quadruple murder at upscale DC home | Fox News

Why is this story not getting more traction? This idiot black dude got his DNA on the pizza he ordered while he was waiting to extort money out of this family, but he still murdered them. I think white people need to riot over this, oh wait we wont. Hope he dies painfully.
Are you kidding me? This story has been all over the place!!!

Old 05-23-2015, 10:44 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Keep deluding yourself. It is NOT a complex question. Here are some of the reasons:

Parents taught you to be racist and fearful of dark-skinned people.

No, my Dad was a jazz musician and played with a lot of black musicians. We had them at our home many times, and we never even discussed the fact that they were black.
Never had contact with people of different 'races'.

I've had TONS of contact with blacks, both good and bad. Even lived in a predominantly black community for 3 years. I also grew up in an area with lots of blacks, my school was about 60/40.
Been inundated with stories of how horrible different 'races' behave.
Ignore any positive reporting or exposure to decent, intelligent Blacks (doesn't fit your mind-set), or they are only viewed as anomalies (exceptions to the rule).

I have two eyes and two ears. I see what people do and have formed my opinions based on those observations over a lot of years. I didn't just wake up one day and decide that not all people are created equal.

I believe that for most people the number one reason is the first: you were taught to hate.

My ex wife and I (especially my wife) raised our Sons to believe all people were good. But over the years they have also learned that this is not always true, and they now feel pretty much the same way I do. They were not steered in that direction, life simply showed them the truth.

For myself, my parents were very racist and tried to teach me to be the same. I grew up in a mixed neighborhood (working/poor class, NOT middle class), and for the life of me, I could not reconcile what my parents tried to teach me with my daily interactions with other races. Many of my friends were Black, especially in high school. They didn't seem any different to me. By the time I was about 10 or 11 years old, I concluded my parents were full of crap and rejected their reasoning. If I, as a child of 10, can see the fallacy of racist thinking, what is wrong with adults? Can they not think independently? Still believing what Mommy and Daddy taught?

I'm still waiting to hear of YOUR personal responsibility for the acts of White murderers, and what you are going to do about them.
This goes back to the same worn out argument we hear time after time........" I know I am, but what are you ?" Yep, we have criminals and idiots too, but you don't see us out burning down our neighborhoods when one of them is killed or arrested, do you ? Nope, we are happy to see them taken off the streets, unlike blacks, who see these criminals as martyrs. You even put plaques on the streets to commemorate where they died !!!!!! That, my friend, is the difference.

The day I see blacks out thanking the police for arresting one of their own who was involved in crime, I will come on here and thank you. But don't hold your breath.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This goes back to the same worn out argument we hear time after time........" I know I am, but what are you ?" Yep, we have criminals and idiots too, but you don't see us out burning down our neighborhoods when one of them is killed or arrested, do you ? Nope, we are happy to see them taken off the streets, unlike blacks, who see these criminals as martyrs. You even put plaques on the streets to commemorate where they died !!!!!! That, my friend, is the difference.
I didn't put up any plaque and have ZERO connections to anyone who did. Answer the question, can we now hold ALL White people responsible for the fewer number who do commit crimes. Yes or No.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:56 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[b]This goes back to the same worn out argument we hear time after time........" I know I am, but what are you ?" Yep, we have criminals and idiots too, but you don't see us out burning down our neighborhoods when one of them is killed or arrested, do you ?

Yeah. You're all so classy.

LOL, OK Pops.

NYMAG:

Old 05-23-2015, 11:01 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Do you know something the rest of us do not know?
Another troll account was banned the other day for using racial slurs, and I remember one post alluding to something about Black people having "bad hair".

Mysteriously Blondie shows up to CD posting in these same controversial threads and insulting ATG5 by saying he's not "her" type because of his bad hair.

Coincidental?

Old 05-23-2015, 11:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
The father was trained (expert?) in self defense. Why was he not able to take this guy down? I haven't read anything about a gun, so if no gun was used to prevent this, why didn't the father use his skill? Isn't this why law abiding folks take these classes, for protection?...
Because it's starting to sound as if there was more than one person involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events