Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 01:40 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,783 times

Advertisements

If so, why is it OK? They're praising Allah that ISIS is growing! I bet anything that they are going to school on our money too. Go ahead and call me a racist, I don't care. I'm not against Muslims, I'm against anyone promoting a terrorist group in our own country, but I know people like to throw out the racist card when they can't think of anything else to say. I'm sick of everyone treading around on tiptoe, afraid to say the wrong thing. They have a lot of nerve doing this, especially after 9-11. They know they can get away with anything they say. They talk about killing Americans outside their mosques. This is not OK!

Brooklyn College Students Praise The Rise Of ISIS (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 01:56 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times
It's disrespectful to be in the audience and disrupt a speaker. You wouldn't do that to Hillary Clinton or Obama and similarly it shouldn't be done to Pam Geller.

These students should have protested their love for their God from outside the building. What they did is an outrage. Even though Pam's statements were completely false, there's no reason for this kind of behavior. It's okay to be Muslim and show your love for Allah... but not in a disruptive manner... no matter how much of an imbecile the speaker was.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:31 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
The video doesn't match the hyperbolic description. The heckling is mild. Most of the students are listening quietly.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:36 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The video doesn't match the hyperbolic description. The heckling is mild. Most of the students are listening quietly.
I thought the same thing. If the headline hadn't told me what was shouted, I wouldn't have heard it. That was hardly a mass chaotic, bone chilling incident. For that matter, was it a Muslim who disrupted...or was it someone who wanted to irritate the speaker? Who knows?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:41 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I thought the same thing. If the headline hadn't told me what was shouted, I wouldn't have heard it. That was hardly a mass chaotic, bone chilling incident. For that matter, was it a Muslim who disrupted...or was it someone who wanted to irritate the speaker? Who knows?
The OP is linking to a bias source. If you look into it more, you quickly realize how idiotic the article and post are. This is a good demonstration of the lack of comprehension skills in America.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The OP is linking to a bias source. If you look into it more, you quickly realize how idiotic the article and post are. This is a good demonstration of the lack of comprehension skills in America.
As with every video out there, I have to wonder what happened before the camera started to roll? I have a sneaking suspicion that the speaker might have said something to degrade the Muslims in that group, which in turn, prompted the shout out from the audience.

Again, we don't know. I wont let someone else tell me what to think or believe. Sometimes I'm right. Sometimes I'm wrong. But I'm never lead by the nose.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:09 AM

828 posts, read 907,763 times
Wow, you must've had a slow morning. You really found the needle in the haystack this morning.

It sounded like perhaps one kid in the audience. And they were probably being obnoxious. I think they were probably just pissed off at the infamous Pam Geller, who has made it her life's mission, to slander Muslims. They were probably angry that this woman got a mouthpiece at their college.

I doubt very much that this kid, if they really knew what ISIS was, supports ISIS.

Shame on you, OP. You wrote: I'm not against Muslims, I'm against anyone promoting a terrorist group in our own country, but I know people like to throw out the racist card when they can't think of anything else to say. I'm sick of everyone treading around on tiptoe, afraid to say the wrong thing. They have a lot of nerve doing this, especially after 9-11. They know they can get away with anything they say. They talk about killing Americans outside their mosques.

How come you scour the internet looking for anti-Muslim material to post on these boards? At the very least, balance your posts with the positive things Muslims are doing. And again, look at your source! Talk about having an agenda!

Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
I think they were probably just pissed off at the infamous Pam Geller, who has made it her life's mission, to slander Muslims. They were probably angry that this woman got a mouthpiece at their college.
Ah-Ha! I knew it! Thanks for the info on Pam Geller. I'd never heard of her before, so I wasn't aware of her Muslim-slandering mission. That explains the entire incident.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:27 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,733 times
Sure, it's within the rights of all Americans to say whatever they want.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:43 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Wow, you must've had a slow morning. You really found the needle in the haystack this morning.

It sounded like perhaps one kid in the audience. And they were probably being obnoxious. I think they were probably just pissed off at the infamous Pam Geller, who has made it her life's mission, to slander Muslims. They were probably angry that this woman got a mouthpiece at their college.

I doubt very much that this kid, if they really knew what ISIS was, supports ISIS.

Shame on you, OP. You wrote: I'm not against Muslims, I'm against anyone promoting a terrorist group in our own country, but I know people like to throw out the racist card when they can't think of anything else to say. I'm sick of everyone treading around on tiptoe, afraid to say the wrong thing. They have a lot of nerve doing this, especially after 9-11. They know they can get away with anything they say. They talk about killing Americans outside their mosques.

How come you scour the internet looking for anti-Muslim material to post on these boards? At the very least, balance your posts with the positive things Muslims are doing. And again, look at your source! Talk about having an agenda!

Shame on you for scolding me! I don't have to scour the internet to find anti Muslim material. Pick up a newspaper/magazine, turn on the news, talk to someone, go on just about any website. Go into some forums right here, you already know that. There are videos that have the entire recording on them. I just read that one because it was the first one.

Sites like this are for people to state their opinions. You don't have to scold someone just because you happen to have a different opinion. You are so defensive. Of course you have to mock the source. That's what a lot of people do when they don't care for what the source says.

Balance my posts with positive things Muslims do? Why don't you do that, and I can make a list of the negative attributes and we can see which ones longer. I think that's been done on here before. Of course you would probably say "Well, look at your source."

You know what they say. Not every Muslim is a terrorist, but every terrorist is a Muslim. But you go ahead and put on your rose colored glasses and enjoy the Kool- Aid.

Oh, and Pam Geller is a famous person. Just because someone hasn't heard of her doesn't mean she's not. All kinds of companies are on a list that want her to speak at their events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events