Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:56 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times

Advertisements

"No, we are not arguing that they did not fly [to the moon] and only shot a film. But all of these scientific - or perhaps cultural - artifacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will show [what has happened]," Markin writes.

World - russia-demands-probe-into-us-moon-landing - News - msn
/ar-AAbNWHp?ocid=U147DHP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 07:08 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Forty-six years later and they're still butt-hurt about it?

The Russians should look to the United Kingdom, to France, to Germany, to Japan. These countries all lost their empires and had to reinvent themselves in devastating fashion, two by complete and total defeat and destruction, the other two after a war from which they emerged victorious but which left them badly damaged. And they all have prospered. They haven't tried to recreate the glories of days gone by.

But Russia? It's a dysfunctional kleptocracy doing vast economic damage to itself as it's led willingly around by a leader doing absolutely nothing to advance Russian interests. It feebly grasps at yesteryear. Russian power is but a shadow of what it was during the heydey of the Soviet Union, and its response is to just create what trouble it can, like an upset child throwing a playground tantrum.

The Moon, huh? Guess July 20th isn't a day the Russians like all that much...

Old 06-19-2015, 08:02 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Keep in mind, Russia isn't saying the US didn't go to the moon, they are saying we are bogarting what we brought back and should be sharing it. They say we are claiming stuff disappeared so we wouldn't have to share it.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Keep in mind, Russia isn't saying the US didn't go to the moon, they are saying we are bogarting what we brought back and should be sharing it. They say we are claiming stuff disappeared so we wouldn't have to share it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I also believe their "demand for a probe" is much more "tit-for-tat" over FIFA!

Which I think is funny,and I don't blame Putin,I would do the same.

What Putin Gets Right About America
FIFA’s crimes are none of our business.

Read more: What Putin Gets Right About America - Zachary Karabell - POLITICO Magazine

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 06-19-2015 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-19-2015, 08:33 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I also believe their "demand for a probe" is much more "tit-for-tat" over FIFA!
I'm also starting to believe that Putin is off his meds.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:36 AM

10,020 posts, read 8,638,610 times
They're lucky we didn't listen to Patton.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:40 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
I also notice with Putin that he doesn't seem over keen on looking folks in the eye. He looks at the ground a lot. May be slightly autistic.......... About the moon landings........ my wife doesn't believe America ever went to the moon. "Too much gamma rays or somethin' out there." She says knowledgeably......... I said "you're thinking of Bruce Banner changing into the Hulk........."

Old 06-19-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I also notice with Putin that he doesn't seem over keen on looking folks in the eye. He looks at the ground a lot. May be slightly autistic.......... About the moon landings........ my wife doesn't believe America ever went to the moon. "Too much gamma rays or somethin' out there." She says knowledgeably......... I said "you're thinking of Bruce Banner changing into the Hulk........."
I'm with your wife!

Old 06-19-2015, 08:46 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
my wife doesn't believe America ever went to the moon. "Too much gamma rays or somethin' out there."
Ask her how the three retroreflectors placed at the landing sites of Apollo 11, 14 and 15 got there. Scientists, and even science enthusiasts, routinely fire lasers at them to range (get the distance) the moon.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:32 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As if a copy of the television feed (that's what was lost) is of any particular scientific value.

If you have serious scientific interest, you can sign out a lunar sample - there's a checklist and an address to write to on NASA's home page. Hi-Res photos, engineering data, all of the actually valuable stuff is available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events