Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 08:27 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,874 times

Advertisements

and his fellow cops.

They use no force to stop him, even though he shoots her multiple times minutes apart from each other.

Could victim in Neptune cop shooting have been saved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 10:04 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,085,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
and his fellow cops.

They use no force to stop him, even though he shoots her multiple times minutes apart from each other.

Could victim in Neptune cop shooting have been saved?

So.. police tactician extraordinaire... and you would have what... put 57 rounds in him?,,, because thats what we always do right?

Is it any wonder someone known to them might find some hesitation to blast the guy out of his boots for the murderer that he is....

I cant say what I would have done had it been someone known to me.... Im glad I wasnt put in that position

Now... reading multiple news stories on this the slant is somewhat different than you list with your hate police agenda

The suspect shot his wife after chasing her down.... police investigating an unrelated incident responded quickly and the suspect put the gun to his own head..threatening suicide... prompting a standoff/negotiation... at the end of that standoff he shot her,allegedly again, and immediately put the gun down...

Your slant is that he should have been immediately shot for that... which.... I might be in agreement with .. but neither of us were there... if he dropped the gun we dont blast away..regardless of the stories that seem to find their ways here

My first year in patrol I was on a man with a gun..shots fired call.. I arrived first and was directed to the suspect who was walking across a parking lot.. it was snowing heavily.. as I approached him I could see he was armed, broadcast same to the backup units and I ordered him to stop.. there was no cover.. I was in the open.. he turned and faced me with his gun in his hand,,, to this day I cant tell you why I didnt shoot.. but I just didnt..it happened so quickly... he dropped his gun... he was altered on drugs...

As it turned out he broke into a college dorm and shot himself in the foot because he was high... was he dangerous.. sure... but Im glad I didnt take his life that night.... later in my career I wouldnt have hesitated to shoot him at all... but that night Im glad I didnt

So when the department says its investigating before you pass your (poor) judgement you might want to gather all the facts

Being an expert at smoking marijuana might be one thing.. being an expert at killing people,,, well,,, perhaps not

Old 06-21-2015, 11:14 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
So.. police tactician extraordinaire... and you would have what... put 57 rounds in him?,,, because thats what we always do right?
If it prevents the murder of an innocent woman who was physically and emotionally abused by her husband and taking care of 9 children ...how about 5 rounds? Is that acceptable?

Philip Seidle pointed gun at wife before: divorce complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
at the end of that standoff he shot her,allegedly again, and immediately put the gun down...
Incorrect.

"Seidle then walked to the front of his wife's car and fired into the windshield. Seidle then put the gun again to his head, and there was a 30-minute standoff while police attempted to get him to surrender."

Neptune cop shoots, kills ex-wife with daughter in car

Old 06-21-2015, 11:21 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,090,856 times
I expect he'll get suspended without pay for six months (sarcasm)...

Old 06-22-2015, 01:31 AM

6,386 posts, read 6,274,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I expect he'll get suspended without pay for six months (sarcasm)...
I wish it was sarcasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events